That's your ad hominem unleashed again...with some assumptions made from one so keen to cite source and get the facts right...
The Hague for the seat of government is not that great a city, that's why I choose to live outside the city in a select affluent suburb, close enough to get to the centre of the city in 12-15 minutes, with plenty of greenery, cycle lanes, woods and lakes to make it suitable for me. It's not third rate by any measure.
I'm not from a grimy inner city, or sink estate, but I wish I was as it makes better copy as a self-made man. Wager you're not from villa miseria either. I'm from the Wirral, has some good parts and not so nice parts, as is so common the UK. Including London, which I consider unliveable. Good for a weekend, but like Rome, not a nice city to work and live in, but great to visit.
Nor am I working in an energy company, nor am I middle management. I happen to hold directorships in a global group. It's true I have energy companies that utilize my technical services, including renewables and fossil fuels, amongst a wide and diverse client portfolio that covers several sectors from the maritime to mining.
I chose to drive a VW Polo. I've already done the better cars with the Daimler Double Six and a Range Rover HSE 4.6. Not interested in cars as a status symbol, not interesting in high performance cars certainly on these roads, not interested in paying tax on a company car and I'm certainly not going to be seen driving a Ferrari or Porsche, as great as they are, it would be utterly embarrassing. Plus I'm not paying two grand month to keep a car on the road.
When you get to my age, you just rock your own way and the rest be damned mate.