The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

Grand Potentate

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter

Jacob Rees-Moog. A measured man.

He’s like a human quaalude

She's foul that Beth Rigby. Very fake and contrived and what a slime bag when she boasts about her own partygate mischief. The hypocrisy is staggering.

Jacob comes across very well in the interview.
He seems to equivocate on everything. Not exactly a man of bold, strong stances.

Fwiffo

Comes off as a condescending prick
Supporter
Maybe that's why he'll have a long political life in parliament. You'll never catch him off side on any matter.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
He’s like a human quaalude
What a ringing endorsement.
Other than abortion and same sex marriage.
And the Grenfell Fire.

His opinion on abortion is non-threatening. He personally, doesn't dig it, recognizes it will never be banned in the UK and thinks the numbers being aborted is quite tragic, and I agree, abortions are not a form of contraception. It's not a nice process for the lady, who gets pumped-up with hormones before they vacuum it out. All this ''I've had an abortion and it liberated me!'' seems to me a lie. Did they really have one?

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
It’s shaping up to be the Guns and Abortions Midterms.

The only better gift to Biden at this point would be Trump formally endorsing Putin.

Fwiffo

Supporter
It’s shaping up to be the Guns and Abortions Midterms.

The only better gift to Biden at this point would be Trump formally endorsing Putin.

You mean Democrats will retain the House or their sliver of majority for the Senate?

formby002

Identifies as a Barn Owl
What a ringing endorsement.

And the Grenfell Fire.

His opinion on abortion is non-threatening. He personally, doesn't dig it, recognizes it will never be banned in the UK and thinks the numbers being aborted is quite tragic, and I agree, abortions are not a form of contraception. It's not a nice process for the lady, who gets pumped-up with hormones before they vacuum it out. All this ''I've had an abortion and it liberated me!'' seems to me a lie. Did they really have one?
His position on abortion aligns with his Roman Catholicism.

QuandoDio

His position on abortion aligns with his Roman Catholicism.
Convenient Roman Catholicism.

There is no plausible answer to the immigration problem (from all parties tbh) and I profess to be no expert but his take on the 'Rwanda solution' was shall we say, amusing. He said “The Rwandan story is almost an Easter story of redemption, of a country that suffered the most appalling and horrific genocide and is now recovering, and therefore the UK supporting it must be a good thing.”

That was clumsy last best and perverted at worst. I find the faux enveloping of conservatism under the aegis of faith to be noxious.

formby002

Identifies as a Barn Owl

There is no plausible answer to the immigration problem (from all parties tbh) and I profess to be no expert but his take on the 'Rwanda solution' was shall we say, amusing. He said “The Rwandan story is almost an Easter story of redemption, of a country that suffered the most appalling and horrific genocide and is now recovering, and therefore the UK supporting it must be a good thing.”

That was clumsy last best and perverted at worst. I find the faux enveloping of conservatism under the aegis of faith to be noxious.
I'm just pointing out that his position on abortion is consistent with Roman Catholic doctrine.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy

Apparently, the situation in Rwanda has greatly improved and no one's hacking anyone's arms off anymore. It may well be a story of redemption.

I don't have a problem with JRM's Catholicism as I wasn't raised in that religion, which I know creates hang-ups. I was Church of England, which is a non-religion really.

There's a problem in the whole of western Europe, high taxes with no further tax base to exploit to support the welfare states and other schemes including the pretend refugees and the real refugees arriving. Especially as we now need to fund effective military forces. The good news, the Ukrainian refugees arriving are fully formed and in a click of finger are in the work place. Some by design, as they're not going through the normal refugee process and can work straight away.

Immigration is needed, but we should respect that when we take a qualified nurse, doctor or engineer from a developing nation, that country loses an asset that could improve their country greatly. The fake refugee living on the dole might be a terrorist, in fact I am one, the ticket that exploded that has been so damaging to us in Europe also needs to be recognized as toxic shit. And we need no more of that.

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy

belinmad

look at these animals

Extremists are everywhere. Israel is not an exception.
Jewish supremacists don’t represent the majority of Israelies or Jews, the same way Hamas or PLO don’t represent the majority of the Arab/Muslim world, the same way hard-core MAGAs don’t represent the majority of Americans.

Grand Potentate

Supporter
Extremists are everywhere. Israel is not an exception.
Jewish supremacists don’t represent the majority of Israelies or Jews, the same way Hamas or PLO don’t represent the majority of the Arab/Muslim world, the same way hard-core MAGAs don’t represent the majority of Americans.
oh i'm aware. still, fuck these people.

Grand Potentate

Supporter
If by “these people” you mean extremists in general, then I’m with you.
yes but i will hesitate to tell you that this view is not that extreme in israel these days. don't know if you're keeping up with the current goings on over there.

güero

Talk to me like a 5 year old daddy
yes but i will hesitate to tell you that this view is not that extreme in israel these days. don't know if you're keeping up with the current goings on over there.
Well the PLO- and MAGA-people aren’t really a minority either, in fact they are fairly representative as evidenced by them winning elections

belinmad

Please do tell me more - I have a bit of time now, in between meetings, in Tel Aviv today - my 4th trip this year.

Just to save us time - you have your biased sources of information, and I probably have mine too. Yet I’m probably a bit closer to the events than you are, but that’s not here nor there - and won’t change the outcome of this discussion. You are aware, through your news outlets, of the (small) number of people who are sympathetic to the folks above, but you are largely unaware of the very significant and growing groups of people against them. The majority of this country remains interested in one thing - peace with its neighbors, as that’s to the benefit of all. And I’m pretty certain a good chunk of the folks on the other side feel the same way.

So let’s save us both the trouble, and skip the discussion?

Fwiffo

Supporter
I thought Mohammed was dead awhile ago. Did I miss reading the epilogue to some religious text?

Grand Potentate

Supporter
Please do tell me more - I have a bit of time now, in between meetings, in Tel Aviv today - my 4th trip this year.
ok you've established your bonafides

you have your biased sources of information
not precisely sure why you consider them "biased". it was literally the video of a live event. how do you bias that???

Yet I’m probably a bit closer to the events than you are
absolutely granted given that you're on the ground.

You are aware, through your news outlets, of the (small) number of people who are sympathetic to the folks above, but you are largely unaware of the very significant and growing groups of people against them.
very aware in fact. but as i'm sure you're aware, the significant and growing groups of people against them aren't exactly taking to the streets to protest the settlements or to protest conditions in gaza or to protest the treatment of the palestinian people. so there's a bit of a give and take there. i'm sure they all tut-tut these "extremists" in your business meetings and behind closed doors but the loudest groups run the show on the ground.

The majority of this country remains interested in one thing - peace with its neighbors, as that’s to the benefit of all.
peace with its neighbors yes. peace and dignity for the palestinian people? eh, not so much. the majority of the country, statistically proven mind you, do not give a rat's ass about the palestinian people. the only thing they're concerned with is their own lives and their own people. i'm not exactly sure how many israeli settlers you're talking with over there in tel aviv but it might do you some good to get out of the bubble and see what life is like on the dark side.

And I’m pretty certain a good chunk of the folks on the other side feel the same way.
that's a bit open ended so i'm not sure how to respond to that one.
So let’s save us both the trouble, and skip the discussion?
quick question before we do - while you're on the ground how many discussions have you had about the murder of Shireen Abu Akleh by israeli forces? or the three palestinian teenagers gunned down in the streets for no reason? or the brutal beating of an elderly palestinian man for no good reason? settlers continued attacks on palestinian homes, property, and people?

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
What price Merkel...

formby002

Identifies as a Barn Owl
Right conclusion, but all over the map with the arguments.
The Anderson book/essay that the article refers to is excellent, and bang on the money. Its also good in that it reveals who the orignals movers and shakers were, and they ain't a pretty bunch.

formby002

Identifies as a Barn Owl

Grand Potentate

Supporter
You're beginning to learn...
oh i've known for a long long time now. you just can't seem to process that my prescription for fixing this illness isn't just steering the car back onto the highway that leads off a cliff.

Grand Potentate

Supporter

formby002

Identifies as a Barn Owl

formby002

Identifies as a Barn Owl
All those cunts deserve one another...!!!

Pimpernel Smith

Tone Deaf Daddy
Look at cast of characters identified in Anderson's essay here:

Here the Dutch parliament has become a rubber stamping exercise for the diktats and plans from Brussels. It's all the same ''To meet EU regulations...targets...'' we need to close this, reduce this, stifle this, stop this, rewild the land we reclaimed from the sea, get rid of the farmers, reduce speed limits here, stop construction because deliveries of bricks by trucks will pollute the air. It's anti-growth and will lead to the poor house.

In a time where we're entering an era of food insecurity for many, where the EU should be agile enough to be ramping up food production, and not taking food produced outside the EU that could be going to poorer the nations, the Dutch government is planning compulsory purchasing of farms to close and then ''rewild'' the land. With the exception of the wind farms they'll be building there. Not much wilderness in the Netherlands, but they pretend there is for their masters in Brussels.

All those cunts deserve one another...!!!
Paul Mason, always good for a laugh. That Grayzone comes across as all bitter and twisted.

Mason did get one thing right: Corbyn's brand of privileged upper middle class academic failure, head union convener agitator, anti-Semite gobshite and all round twat, might go down very well with the council workers in Islington and London, but it can't break out of the M25 ring road.

Top Bottom