The majority of Europeans is not rich, in fact they struggle to make ends meet (just go to Italy, Portugal, Greece and Spain, all with double digits unemployment rates, with up to 50 % among young people. And that doesn't even include the "guests"!). For decades now the jobs aren't secure, which leads to all sorts of problems, the housing problem in the EU is one of them. The governments have done their part to undermine family planning by simply increasing taxes (or inventing new ones), keeping wages low and unemployment high and force people to take low income jobs (if they don't accept them their financial support is cut short by the job centre).
Just recently the BBC reported that about 4 million people in the UK are living below the poverty line despite having a job.
It's not much different elsewhere in Europe.
This "I'm unhappy, because I'm not a millionaire" must be a US thing.
I'm surprised, though, that you are certain that Trump will be president next year.