The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

This is why we don't rely on gut feelings or anecdotes. Science disagrees with you.

Beautiful people are more intelligent I | Psychology Today

http://personal.lse.ac.uk/kanazawa/pdfs/i2011.pdf

I am aware of the research you are quoting based on opinions on what attractive is. IQ tests are a measure, but they don't focus on other forms of intelligence such as emotional and social skills.

I think this happens as kids, then other factors take hold. Cute kids get more attention than ugly kids. More attention, more stimulation, and more care means accelerated development. Accelerated development means a higher IQ score.

But when a person discovers they're attractive, and the attention and perks that come with it, often a certain malaise develops, thus the stereotype 'dumb blonde'. I have observed that attractiveness often stunts social development and achievement beyond adolescence.
 
Seems to me like there's a definite side to both of these claims, and I think they're halfway right.

Beautiful people generally are beautiful because they have more time to focus on being beautiful - meaning they're from upper classes (ie not poor), usually well educated (or at least put through the best systems), etc. This is true from youth. Then as people get older, they'll get strained out, and that's where you have gorgeous girls falling through the cracks and becoming strippers.

Then, those who succeed, already generally well-placed economically (ie not poor, even if not rich), become the wealthy 30+ who then become more vain and focus on their physical appearance - from there develops MILFs and the like.

All men are ugly - it's just a matter of how much.
 
I have been seeing support for Bernie Sanders gathering on FB recently. Hate to say this, another McCarthy might do some good here.
 
Holyfield clearly dove on that one shot (if they explained that in the audio, my apologies, but I can't hear the audio), but I'm impressed by Romney's shape.
 
British focus on "snarling" for some reason. Gander at the parade of wankers. The first 2 or 3 mins is all you need, but if you like to self inflict pain on yourself by all means watch it all.

 
I haven't and will not play that video, and am a simple country bumpkin from America, but is it common for members of eighties hair bands to serve in Parliament? Or is this just the natural evolution of the barrister wig?
 
LOL. These people get elected. How to obfuscate 101.

Ignoring that this rube fell for that WMD scam, the fact that he thinks the world is better without Saddam Hussein proves him to be an ignoramus.
Here's someone with half a clue on the issue:
"Each time we topple a secular dictator, I think we wind up with chaos and radical Islam seems to rise...All the way back to the Iraq War, I think it was a mistake to topple Hussein...Hussein was the bulwark against Iran. The Sunnis didn't like the Shiites, now Iraq is a vassal state for Iran."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Sa...le-Jewish/2015/04/27/id/641101/#ixzz3aV2GrQ7l
 
Ukip got 4 million votes but only 1 MP into parliament. Their boss, Nigel Farage, lost to a conservative candidate and therefore resigned as the UKIP leader. Only to come back a couple of days later, apparently due to the demand of party members.
Some were (and still are) not happy with that, including the biggest donor, and called him out.

I really don't get the UK voting system. You could have the majority of votes in the country but still not gain enough seats to form the government. The conservatives had 37% of the votes, that doesn't sound like a valid majority to me.
 

Jesus, I made the mistake of reading that. I would love if the Gawker applied the same standard to Obama or Clinton as it does to Rubio.

1. Rubio’s top donor paid Rubio’s wife $54,000 a year for a part-time job running a “charity” that gave away a mere $250.

That's awful. Imagine if a candidate were running for President that let their spouse embezzle millions from earthquake relief in someplace like Haiti? Or who made foreign policy decisions based on donations to that charity? Wouldn't that be terrible? Gosh, let's hope the Gawker runs an article calling that candidate a corrupt loser!

2. Rubio’s plan for a youth-focused “New American Century” is to scare the shit out of everybody.

Which is totes different than encouraging people to make rash decisions based on tangential fears of global warming, fears of police, racism, a stumbling economy, etc....

3. Nothing makes us feel safer than the staying hand of an idiot who can’t string together two coherent sentences about the Iraq war.

If Hilary ever answered a question from the media about anything controversial, I'd have a response here, but she never has.
 
If my German education is right there will be a sort of party internal eliminations (pre-elections)?
Hopefully they will sort out the complete morons, although I'm sure Hillary will get through.
IIRC, a mere 45% of the Americans that are eligible to vote actually do so. Which means whoever wins has a maximum approval of roughly 25% of the population.
Hail Democracy!
 
If my German education is right there will be a sort of party internal eliminations (pre-elections)?
Hopefully they will sort out the complete morons, although I'm sure Hillary will get through.
IIRC, a mere 45% of the Americans that are eligible to vote actually do so. Which means whoever wins has a maximum approval of roughly 25% of the population.
Hail Democracy!
Correct. There is what we call a "primary" season, where we whittle down these jackoffs and are left with one candidate. Then there is the election.

A moron will get voted in as the candidate. Which part its from remains to be seen.
 
Correct. There is what we call a "primary" season, where we whittle down these jackoffs and are left with one candidate. Then there is the election.

A moron will get voted in as the candidate. Which part its from remains to be seen.

Primary season is like dating. You'll eventually find a general election girlfriend until she gets elected and fucks you over for another donor with more money.
 
I'm unsure how any of those things are awesome. Did they mean awful?

Rand is filibustering the so-called Patriot thing and data-mining and important stuff. Woot!
 
I could give a shit about everything else he stands for, that first statement regarding him being an open socialist scares the hell out of me. If Americans want a socialist system, they can all move to China or Cuba and see what that feels like. Fuck them. I am happy with a capitalist society.
Both of those examples are communist forms of government.
 
Communism just a bit further left of socialism. The government was "communist", but the system was/is socialist. Being there, lived that, never and will refuse to go live in that system again.

Sadly those who want liberal left who support Bernie does not know what a true socialist system is .
 
I remember when I used to live in China, we had to recite government propaganda slogans every day: communist party, socialist system, Marxist and Leninism, and Mao's thoughts.

I agree that our system is not perfect and corruption is rampant, but trust me a socialist system will even be more rampant. Mao used the similar rhetoric to elevate himself to the top, and the rest is history.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom