The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

eye_twitch_fight_club.gif
That's excellent
 
Trump supporters would gladly get the hell out of the country if only someone would invent a Rascal scooter with the juice to make it to Canada.
 
Someone explain to me, in a serious, non-cynical way that makes sense, how these dimwits are going to "take America back."Take your time. I'll wait.

I think they mean "take America back 300 years or so"

redneck+militia.jpg
 
Something very strange has happened:
I found an online article pointing out "the darker side of Hillary"! http://www.gmx.net/magazine/politik/wahlen/us-wahl/us-wahl-2016-dunkle-hillary-clinton-31972400
What's so special about this is that it appeared on a website that previously was bashing Trump on a daily basis, while Hillary's "mishaps" went unmentioned.
They pointed out her connections to the military (complex) and related industries, but it might just be an attempt to prepare us for what might will come when she gets the job.
 
That's what he was talking about. I got thrown with it being in the election thread. Thought it was about Wikileaks.

Actually, correction, some major DNS got DDOS'ed, making people unable to find Reddit, Twitter, Netflix, etc.

Or its a lot of cats fell asleep on F5 keys at the same time...
 
Actually, correction, some major DNS got DDOS'ed, making people unable to find Reddit, Twitter, Netflix, etc.

Or its a lot of cats fell asleep on F5 keys at the same time...
Aren't you a tech guy? Is the Internet of things collapsing around us?
 
The brash businessman announced that as president he would block a pending deal between AT&T and Time Warner, saying “deals like this destroy democracy,” and it was “too much concentration of power in the hands of too few.”

Trump did eventually get aroud to discussing his policy proposals for his first 100 days in office. These would include a constitutional amendment imposing term limits on members of Congress, a hiring freeze in the federal workforce and lobbying bans on former congressional and White House officials, he said.

this is going to be yuuuuuge if he can get the word out to enough people to overshadow the groping and sexual harassment.
 
Aren't you a tech guy? Is the Internet of things collapsing around us?

IoT is just swapping good old cheap 8bit MCU with BLE chips to get connectivity. Won't make life easier in most cases. Security wise, fuck connected devices. Useless.
 
IoT is just swapping good old cheap 8bit MCU with BLE chips to get connectivity. Won't make life easier in most cases. Security wise, fuck connected devices. Useless.
problem is there are already millions of them out there with locked firmware that can't be upgraded. the security issue isn't going away any time soon and i'm not sure how the fuck they're going to fix it.
 

I have yet to see something in the forms of logs, ips/ids, firewall information and so forth on how they found that it was russia. Liberals always like to put blame on others but never on them. It is funny that we see obama and his cronies complainig about russians hackin or whoever, but no outrage about rigging the primaries for hillary and so on.
 
I have yet to see something in the forms of logs, ips/ids, firewall information and so forth on how they found that it was russia. Liberals always like to put blame on others but never on them. It is funny that we see obama and his cronies complainig about russians hackin or whoever, but no outrage about rigging the primaries for hillary and so on.

Bless your heart.
 
this is interesting - Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, had switched his vote from Trump to Johnson because he was essentially being harassed by Clinton supporters in CA. I guess they pushed him over the ledge

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/152293480726/the-bully-party

The Bully Party
Posted October 25th, 2016 @ 9:14am in #Trump #Clinton

I’ve been trying to figure out what common trait binds Clinton supporters together. As far as I can tell, the most unifying characteristic is a willingness to bully in all its forms.

If you have a Trump sign in your lawn, they will steal it.

If you have a Trump bumper sticker, they will deface your car.

if you speak of Trump at work you could get fired.

On social media, almost every message I get from a Clinton supporter is a bullying type of message. They insult. They try to shame. They label. And obviously they threaten my livelihood.

We know from Project Veritas that Clinton supporters tried to incite violence at Trump rallies. The media downplays it.

We also know Clinton’s side hired paid trolls to bully online. You don’t hear much about that.

Yesterday, by no coincidence, Huffington Post, Salon, and Daily Kos all published similar-sounding hit pieces on me, presumably to lower my influence. (That reason, plus jealousy, are the only reasons writers write about other writers.)

Joe Biden said he wanted to take Trump behind the bleachers and beat him up. No one on Clinton’s side disavowed that call to violence because, I assume, they consider it justified hyperbole.

Team Clinton has succeeded in perpetuating one of the greatest evils I have seen in my lifetime. Her side has branded Trump supporters (40%+ of voters) as Nazis, sexists, homophobes, racists, and a few other fighting words. Their argument is built on confirmation bias and persuasion. But facts don’t matter because facts never matter in politics. What matters is that Clinton’s framing of Trump provides moral cover for any bullying behavior online or in person. No one can be a bad person for opposing Hitler, right?

Some Trump supporters online have suggested that people who intend to vote for Trump should wear their Trump hats on election day. That is a dangerous idea, and I strongly discourage it. There would be riots in the streets because we already know the bullies would attack. But on election day, inviting those attacks is an extra-dangerous idea. Violence is bad on any day, but on election day, Republicans are far more likely to unholster in an effort to protect their voting rights. Things will get wet fast.

Yes, yes, I realize Trump supporters say bad things about Clinton supporters too. I don’t defend the bad apples on either side. I’ll just point out that Trump’s message is about uniting all Americans under one flag. The Clinton message is that some Americans are good people and the other 40% are some form of deplorables, deserving of shame, vandalism, punishing taxation, and violence. She has literally turned Americans on each other. It is hard for me to imagine a worse thing for a presidential candidate to do.

I’ll say that again.

As far as I can tell, the worst thing a presidential candidate can do is turn Americans against each other. Clinton is doing that, intentionally.

Intentionally.

As I often say, I don’t know who has the best policies. I don’t know the best way to fight ISIS and I don’t know how to fix healthcare or trade deals. I don’t know which tax policies are best to lift the economy. I don’t know the best way to handle any of that stuff. (And neither do you.) But I do have a bad reaction to bullies. And I’ve reached my limit.

I hope you have too. Therefore…

I endorse Donald Trump for President of the United States because I oppose bullying in all its forms.

I don’t defend Trump’s personal life. Neither Trump nor Clinton are role models for our children. Let’s call that a tie, at worst.

The bullies are welcome to drown in their own bile while those of us who want a better world do what we’ve been doing for hundreds of years: Work to make it better while others complain about how we’re doing it.

Today I put Trump’s odds of winning in a landslide back to 98%. Remember, I told you a few weeks ago that Trump couldn’t win unless “something changed.”

Something just changed.
 
this is interesting - Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, had switched his vote from Trump to Johnson because he was essentially being harassed by Clinton supporters in CA. I guess they pushed him over the ledge

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/152293480726/the-bully-party

The Bully Party
Posted October 25th, 2016 @ 9:14am in #Trump #Clinton

I’ve been trying to figure out what common trait binds Clinton supporters together. As far as I can tell, the most unifying characteristic is a willingness to bully in all its forms.

If you have a Trump sign in your lawn, they will steal it.

If you have a Trump bumper sticker, they will deface your car.

if you speak of Trump at work you could get fired.

On social media, almost every message I get from a Clinton supporter is a bullying type of message. They insult. They try to shame. They label. And obviously they threaten my livelihood.

We know from Project Veritas that Clinton supporters tried to incite violence at Trump rallies. The media downplays it.

We also know Clinton’s side hired paid trolls to bully online. You don’t hear much about that.

Yesterday, by no coincidence, Huffington Post, Salon, and Daily Kos all published similar-sounding hit pieces on me, presumably to lower my influence. (That reason, plus jealousy, are the only reasons writers write about other writers.)

Joe Biden said he wanted to take Trump behind the bleachers and beat him up. No one on Clinton’s side disavowed that call to violence because, I assume, they consider it justified hyperbole.

Team Clinton has succeeded in perpetuating one of the greatest evils I have seen in my lifetime. Her side has branded Trump supporters (40%+ of voters) as Nazis, sexists, homophobes, racists, and a few other fighting words. Their argument is built on confirmation bias and persuasion. But facts don’t matter because facts never matter in politics. What matters is that Clinton’s framing of Trump provides moral cover for any bullying behavior online or in person. No one can be a bad person for opposing Hitler, right?

Some Trump supporters online have suggested that people who intend to vote for Trump should wear their Trump hats on election day. That is a dangerous idea, and I strongly discourage it. There would be riots in the streets because we already know the bullies would attack. But on election day, inviting those attacks is an extra-dangerous idea. Violence is bad on any day, but on election day, Republicans are far more likely to unholster in an effort to protect their voting rights. Things will get wet fast.

Yes, yes, I realize Trump supporters say bad things about Clinton supporters too. I don’t defend the bad apples on either side. I’ll just point out that Trump’s message is about uniting all Americans under one flag. The Clinton message is that some Americans are good people and the other 40% are some form of deplorables, deserving of shame, vandalism, punishing taxation, and violence. She has literally turned Americans on each other. It is hard for me to imagine a worse thing for a presidential candidate to do.

I’ll say that again.

As far as I can tell, the worst thing a presidential candidate can do is turn Americans against each other. Clinton is doing that, intentionally.

Intentionally.

As I often say, I don’t know who has the best policies. I don’t know the best way to fight ISIS and I don’t know how to fix healthcare or trade deals. I don’t know which tax policies are best to lift the economy. I don’t know the best way to handle any of that stuff. (And neither do you.) But I do have a bad reaction to bullies. And I’ve reached my limit.

I hope you have too. Therefore…

I endorse Donald Trump for President of the United States because I oppose bullying in all its forms.

I don’t defend Trump’s personal life. Neither Trump nor Clinton are role models for our children. Let’s call that a tie, at worst.

The bullies are welcome to drown in their own bile while those of us who want a better world do what we’ve been doing for hundreds of years: Work to make it better while others complain about how we’re doing it.

Today I put Trump’s odds of winning in a landslide back to 98%. Remember, I told you a few weeks ago that Trump couldn’t win unless “something changed.”

Something just changed.


Not even remotely related to this election, but I've always thought Adams was one of the biggest and least funny weirdos out there. Dilbert was painfully unfunny.
 
comments worth a read

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2016/1...y-is-sane-while-clintons-is-belligerent-.html
Trump's Foreign Policy Is Sane While Clinton's Is Belligerent
Some highlights of a recent Donald Trump interview with Reuters:

U.S. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump said on Tuesday that Democrat Hillary Clinton's plan for Syria would "lead to World War Three," because of the potential for conflict with military forces from nuclear-armed Russia.
In an interview focused largely on foreign policy, Trump said defeating Islamic State is a higher priority than persuading Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to step down,..

Trump questioned how Clinton would negotiate with Russian President Vladimir Putin after demonizing him; blamed President Barack Obama for a downturn in U.S. relations with the Philippines under its new president, Rodrigo Duterte;...

Trump's foreign policy talk is far more sane than Clinton's and her camp's. It is ludicrous to event think about openly attacking Russian (or Syrian) troops in Syria with an al-Qaeda supporting "no-Fly-Zone". Russia would respond by taking down U.S. planes over Syria. The Russian government would have to do so to uphold its authority internationally as well as at home.

The U.S. could respond by destroying all Russian assets in and around Syria. It has the capabilities. But then what? If I were Putin my next step would be a nuclear test shoot in Siberia - a big one - to make a point and to wake up the rest of the world. I would also provide secret support to any indigenous anti-U.S. movement anywhere. China would support Russia as its first line of self defense.

"What we should do is focus on ISIS. We should not be focusing on Syria," said Trump as he dined on fried eggs and sausage at his Trump National Doral golf resort. "You’re going to end up in World War Three over Syria if we listen to Hillary Clinton.
"You’re not fighting Syria any more, you’re fighting Syria, Russia and Iran, all right? Russia is a nuclear country, but a country where the nukes work as opposed to other countries that talk," he said.
...
On Russia, Trump again knocked Clinton's handling of U.S.-Russian relations while secretary of state and said her harsh criticism of Putin raised questions about "how she is going to go back and negotiate with this man who she has made to be so evil," if she wins the presidency.

On the deterioration of ties with the Philippines, Trump aimed his criticism at Obama, saying the president "wants to focus on his golf game" rather than engage with world leaders.

The last two points are important. Trump, despite all his bluster, knows about decency. What is the point of arrogantly scolding negotiation partner who have the power to block agreements you want or need?

Why blame Russia for hacking wide open email servers when no Russian speakers were involved? Why blame Duterte? It is the U.S. that has a long history of violent racism in the Philippines and FBI agents committed false flag "terrorism" is Duterte's home town Davao. Bluster may paper over such history for a moment but it does not change the facts or helps solving problems.

Trump's economic policies would be catastrophic for many people in the U.S. and elsewhere. But Hillary Clinton would put her husband, the man who deregulated Wall Street, back in charge of the economy. What do people expect the results would be?

The points above may be obvious and one might be tempted to just pass them and dig into some nig-nagging of this or that election detail. But the above points as THE most important of any election. The welfare of the people is not decided with some "liberal" concession to this or that niche of the general society. The big issues count the most. Good or evil flow from them. Trumps principle, and I think personal position, is leaning towards peaceful resolution of conflicts. Clinton's preference is clearly, as her history shows, escalation and general belligerence. It is too risky to vote for her.
 
https://nypost.com/2016/10/25/richard-nixon-could-only-wish-he-got-hillarys-fbi-treatment/

Richard Nixon could only wish he got Hillary’s FBI treatment
By Michael Goodwin

After taking the oath of office following Richard Nixon’s 1974 resignation over Watergate, President Gerald Ford famously declared, “My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over.”

Ford was mocked for self-serving grandiosity, yet time would prove him correct. The nation was tested by corruption in the Oval Office, but the constitutional system prevailed because good and brave people of both parties confronted the crisis.

Most dramatically, Attorney General Elliot Richardson and his deputy, William Ruckelshaus, resigned rather than follow Nixon’s order to fire special prosecutor Archibald Cox in the Saturday Night Massacre. And Nixon himself resigned when even fellow Republicans signaled they were prepared to impeach and convict him.

One result is that, while “Nixonian” is a synonym for illegal abuse of authority, his resignation and the smooth transfer of power marked a ringing triumph of justice. The fundamental principle that nobody in America is above the law was upheld in practice.

Now imagine another scenario. America wakes up on Nov. 9 to President-elect Hillary Clinton, and to the cold reality that the same principle of equal justice is null and void.

Her election would mean that some people are above the law. It would mean that one of them will assume the commanding heights of our country despite abundant evidence that she committed crimes and got away scot-free.

Oh, for the good old days of Watergate and of public servants like Elliot Richardson and William Ruckelshaus. We should be so lucky now.

Instead, we have a sitting president, Barack Obama, who presided over a corrupt Justice Department and the FBI. And instead of public servants of principle, we have a gaggle of quislings, including Attorney General Loretta Lynch, who put partisanship and their careers ahead of duty.

Rather than ending a national nightmare, a transfer of power from Obama to Clinton would start a new crisis of confidence. Consider the threshold question of whether the Justice Department could ever be trusted to prosecute anyone in public office.

If Clinton is guilty of only “mistakes” and “bad judgment” in setting up a private server, sending and receiving national secrets and destroying thousands of government e-mails, on what fair basis can any public official be held accountable?

Is the bar for prosecution raised or lowered depending on political connections?

Thanks to The Wall Street Journal, we also know the FBI ignored outrageous conflicts of interest among its own leadership while supposedly investigating Clinton and one of her top associates, Virginias Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe. The paper reported that the head of the FBI’s Washington office met with McAuliffe as the official’s wife was running as a Democrat for the Virginia legislature, and that McAuliffe funneled nearly $700,000 to her campaign.

That aide, Andrew McCabe, went on to oversee the shoddy Clinton probe, and is now No. 2 in the FBI, second only to Director James Comey. And we’re supposed to believe all this is kosher?

Wait, there’s more. Remember that the FBI failed even to investigate the pay-to-play patterns with donors to the Clinton Foundation while Hillary was secretary of state. Several reported transactions look like straight-up bribery, yet there is no sign a single person in the Justice Department suggested an inquiry.

From start to finish, it is obvious that the FBI gave Clinton special treatment. The failure to empanel a grand jury and issue subpoenas, the granting of five immunity deals to her aides, and the agreement to destroy potential evidence all lead to the conclusion that Comey bent the rules to make sure Clinton was cleared.

Rabid Clinton supporters comfort themselves by insisting that those who do not denounce Donald Trump are unpatriotic or worse. But you don’t have to be a Trump supporter to fear that Clinton’s election would be tantamount to approving her chronic dishonesty in public office, and would open the door to an era of corruption unprecedented in modern times.

If that’s progress, then Richard Nixon got a raw deal
 
Top top bafflegab from Robbie Mook. "Illegally" stolen as opposed to legally stolen. Fucking Russians

"These are illegally stolen documents," Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook told reporters on her campaign plane. "We're not going to spend our campaign fighting back what the Russians want this to be about."
 
Top top bafflegab from Robbie Mook. "Illegally" stolen as opposed to legally stolen. Fucking Russians

"These are illegally stolen documents," Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook told reporters on her campaign plane. "We're not going to spend our campaign fighting back what the Russians want this to be about."

Anyone else find it hilarious that the party that chided people for being stuck in the Cold War is now blaming everything on the Russians? It's awesome.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom