The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)

any Line of Duty fans, I was looking for a parody of S7 and found this someone did about Boris Johnson. thought some of the brits might find it enjoyable

Yes Yes Yes GIF

any Line of Duty fans, I was looking for a parody of S7 and found this someone did about Boris Johnson. thought some of the brits might find it enjoyable

I don't have Britbox so I am stuck on the fifth series.

Last weekend for his premiership. You have to wonder if he has any more surprise public relations stunts like visiting Zelensky in the cards or he is going to slide quietly away into the shadows.

I don't have Britbox so I am stuck on the fifth series.

Last weekend for his premiership. You have to wonder if he has any more surprise public relations stunts like visiting Zelensky in the cards or he is going to slide quietly away into the shadows.
The ending REALLY sucked so you’re not missing much.

Truss secured 57% of members votes, compared to Boris Johnson getting 66.4% of the vote in 2019, David Cameron 67.6% in 2005 and Iain Duncan Smith 60.7% in 2001.

Is it safe to say if the Tories trail any further after the winter and the cost of living increases they will boot her before the next general election? Perhaps her brain trust can nick a few more ideas from Starmer.

Not sure why they are protesting against energy prices. They are one of the few landlocked EU nations that can continue to purchase from the Russians with the blessing of Brussels.

"'Bolsonaro is a great hero for all of us,' says Bannon, who sees Brazil as a key part of a global populist movement. 'He's at the level of [conservative authoritarian Hungarian prime minister] Viktor Orban as someone that has stood for sovereignty and really grassroots. He's got evangelicals, he's got working-class people. If you look at Brazil, it is very much like the Maga movement.'"

Steve Bannon. The authority on Brasilian politics.

"Reports from oversight bodies were received, witnesses were interviewed, videos were reviewed, forensic opinions were obtained and it was found that there had been no beating,"

That's right. That's why the entire country is rioting. Nothing happened. Move on citizens.

"But she still embraces an old slogan adopted by the fascists - 'God, fatherland and family'"

"Standing for the Senate is one of Italy's most treasured stars of the past, Gina Lollobrigida. Now 95, she became a cinema legend in the 1960s and she has defied a fractured femur to fight in Sunday's election."

95? Blimey I thought the States had a monopoly on geriatric politicians in Pelosi, Biden and Sanders.

"But in 2020, Ms Jordan changed her mind and voted for Mr Trump because his presidency, she confessed, coincided with 'the best I've been in a long time, financially.'

She will 'probably vote for Trump again' if he runs in 2024, she said - two years into Joe Biden's presidency, Ms Jordan didn't think he was 'in touch with small business owners' like herself."

" Though the president's party scored policy wins in the final weeks of summer - passing long-sought climate legislation that, they claim, also addresses inflation, and announcing student loan debt relief for millions - Democrats are expected to lose the majority they hold in at least one chamber of Congress.

Those policy wins aren't yet connecting with voters like Ms Jordan, who told BBC News that rising prices had cut into her profits."

Did you have more to spend under the previous guy? Were you better off financially under the previous guy?

"'Whenever people are suffering, when they believe in an all-powerful creator, I think God raises up a saviour,' she says. I ask her if that saviour is President Bolsonaro. 'Yes,' she replies. 'Today in Brazil, I think that's him.'"

"'We'll vote for Bolsonaro because he is God,' she tells her members. 'He defends the same principles as us in accordance with the word of God.'"

"The newspaper O Povo reported that witnesses told police a man entered a bar in the city of Cascavel on Saturday and asked who was voting for Lula. A man said, 'I will', and then was stabbed. He died in hospital the same day."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom