The Next Election, Political News, and Other Forms of Comedy (US, UK, & Intl)


"There are also clear differences among Latinos: California Latinos (D+30), Latina women (D+29) and Catholic Latinos (D+27) are more likely to prefer Democratic control of Congress than Florida Latinos (D+7), Latino men (D+9) and non-Catholic Latinos (D+15)."

Florida. The future of American politics.
 

“Despite preelection polls giving da Silva, who is widely known as Lula, a double-digit lead, the race was a nail-biter. In fact, da Silva trailed for much of the night before finally inching ahead and winning with about 47.9% of the vote, with about 97% of votes counted. President Bolsonaro was runner-up with about 43.6% in the 11-candidate race.”

Reckon my Brasilian co worker can now fly home and vote.
 


pimpy's favorite cartoon character politician need police protection to get to work because everyone hates him so much.
 

“The US is the only Western democracy where the senior election officials are not civil servants. At the state level, it is the post of secretary of state that runs the election. And that person is elected, as a Democrat or a Republican.

Now the former president wants to make sure that he has allies in the job of secretary of state, so that if he runs in 2024, he can count on them to help him out.

In the run-up to the midterm elections, money and attention, from both parties, is pouring into the secretary of state races in half a dozen battleground states. Which is why I spent the day, and a terrifyingly bumpy plane ride, with Mark Finchem. And also why he had a private jet at his disposal in the first place.

Joe Biden won Arizona by a mere 10,000 votes. Finchem is a staunch election denier who believes Trump was robbed in the state and would like to overturn the 2020 result. If he's elected this November, he plans to ban voting by mail (the preferred choice of 80% of Arizona's electorate), ban early voting, and do away with electronic voting machines - all by 2024, the next presidential contest. He says he just wants to eliminate any chance for fraud.

So, a man who says the last election was rigged and who also doesn't believe Republicans can lose the state could well end up in charge of running elections. It's not hard to see where this could go. If Finchem, and other candidates like him around the country, change the voting system in ways that make it almost impossible for their side to lose, then, come 2024, Democrats, with some reason, won't trust the results either. They will say they were robbed of victory. It won't be many voting cycles before no one trusts election results here.”
 

And then the Conservatives descend into another four to six week leadership race with a Truss cabinet that will do what the final Johnson cabinet did. Nothing.

There isn't a precedent for the monarch to appoint the opposition leader as PM when the incumbent party has a majority. Maybe if the Tories had a minority the King would consider asking the opposition to form (a more stable) government.
 

"'My grandparents are from China and they're still Chinese patriots,' Hanny says. 'But for me, I was born and raised in Taiwan, I have no doubt that I am Taiwanese. China is not our motherland. China never owned Taiwan. Some people escaped from China to Taiwan. But that doesn't mean they own this island.'"

Yes they did. It went from imperial China to imperial Japan aka Formosa and then to Republic of China.
 

Clearly Elon Musk should be the leader of the world. Ukraine and Russia? Zelensky cede some territory and commodity prices and markets will calm down and we can sell more sh%t.

Taiwan? Come under the yoke of China and everyone can mine more rare earth and build more chips so they can buy more of my sh&t.
 

Back to the Tammany Hall and Gangs of New York days? Dead people voting...people voting multiple times.... violence...

We have Mark Gatez and Josh Hawley.
 
You tossed your Chancellor of the Exchequer after a month?
This is getting to Donald Trump like appointments.



50d07b80-4238-4533-aeae-f18cc09e6e91.png
 
6F4A9574-1FC2-4DB4-B42B-D07A0E35ECC2.webp


Pimpy must be so happy that Tesla Gabbard has joined Putin’s anti-anti-white and anti-woke crusade.
 

"'We will reverse almost all the tax measures' from the mini-budget, Jeremy Hunt said. What an extraordinary thing to hear."

Someone who supported the leadership opponent reversed practically all of your financial policies that you promised to deliver during the leadership campaign?
 

"When he went on the offensive, Rubio blamed Democrats for the high rate of inflation and suggested that Demings and her Democratic colleagues failed to heed warnings from economists who had argued that checks designed to help buoy Americans amid the financial challenges of the coronavirus pandemic would later 'fire up inflation.'"

I am pretty sure the previous guy was the one who continued the quantitative easing and free money to buttress the effects of coronavirus.
 
1666287148559.webp


I imagine I’ll get attacked by the usual nationalistic schmucks on this board who will defend the UK no matter what level of nonsense emanates from it (Although thankfully Pimps is not around to do so), but the fact that 1 out of every 5 tories believe Boris should come back shows you the level of stupidity that this country can maintain.
 
View attachment 45317

I imagine I’ll get attacked by the usual nationalistic schmucks on this board who will defend the UK no matter what level of nonsense emanates from it (Although thankfully Pimps is not around to do so), but the fact that 1 out of every 5 tories believe Boris should come back shows you the level of stupidity that this country can maintain.


Fun Youre Wrong GIF by roc friese poort


 

"'I have reconnected with President Putin - a little, a lot,' Berlusconi was heard saying in comments that were recorded and released by the LaPresse news agency. 'He sent me 20 bottles of vodka and a really sweet letter for my birthday. I responded with 20 bottles of Lambrusco (a sparkling Italian red wine) and a similarly sweet letter.'"


“'Because there’s no possible way. Zelenskiy, in my view … forget about it, I can’t say,' the recording went on.

'There are no real leaders in the West' , continued Berlusconi. 'I can make you smile, the only true leader is me.'"

Berlusconi. The only true leader of the West.
 


To the British people: My mandate is I was the guy who had the right ideas but was runner up in my party in replacing the PM that was originally elected. I am third best.

I did start the en masse resignation in the Johnson cabinet but it was not because I was scheming to be PM even though the moment Johnson resigned my office immediately posted a slick election campaign video that I happen to have just lying around.

Please also extend your collective amnesia to include the fact I held a green card whilst serving in cabinet. In case I really bugger it up I could just head to the States. Don't forget to ignore my wife claiming non domicile status to avoid paying taxes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom