The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

From the link:
Dressed Well: they don't really like the styleforum crowd. probably hate the living guts out of Simon Crompton too. but they don't get invited to the london lounge (some of the member probably do, though) so they made their own forum. still on the classic menswear side of things, but they're really knowledgeable and know their shit as if the studied scatonomy.

Oh, and here's another comment in the same discussion:

Dressedwell is like SF with every single redeeming quality stripped out and the general nastiness and negativity dialed up to 11 and a nice dash of racism to boot. Horrible place.

Last edited:
From the link:
Dressed Well: they don't really like the styleforum crowd. probably hate the living guts out of Simon Crompton too. but they don't get invited to the london lounge (some of the member probably do, though) so they made their own forum. still on the classic menswear side of things, but they're really knowledgeable and know their shit as if the studied scatonomy.

Dressedwell is like SF with every single redeeming quality stripped out and the general nastiness and negativity dialed up to 11 and a nice dash of racism to boot. Horrible place.

Who wrote that crap?

Habitual suspects are

A Simon Craptom
B Spaniard blogger
C BrasilianGerman blogger who happens to live on USA
D Cravatte black
E Tibor Engel
F all the above
G A son of Esther Colero
E any

Last edited:
Didn't he marry into some really old Jewish money? He must be swing a huge dork, if IRCC his wife is actually pretty cute.

I know tons of NY jws and any would ever marry a different kind. Well done. I am glad they keep them pure. So this would never happen.

Sadly that is not happen with most aryans, those racial tr@itors.

While we are talking about other fora (Well, I suppose that's the point of this whole thread!), what's the story on the "Dappered" forum? It looks as if they have been around for about six years or so. From what little I saw of it, it looked mostly as if it was the same old BS, nothing particularly inviting that I could descry.

Anybody here know anything about it or participate in it?

From the link:

I'm proud.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...jaeger-lecoultre.518128/page-873#post-9586027

I wear bracelets, but can't stand rings, and actually got a wedding ring tatooed on instead of having a heavy piece of platinum weighing down my ring finger and making my hand ache all of the time.

E2E7638D-301C-4A5D-832D-AC22DBA70C3B.jpeg

Wow. I guess some type of SF collective did take action against him. I found the thread on SF yesterday and read the last few pages, it is unbelievable that some people continue to argue on his behalf after losing money.

ToJ was nothing special, I still do not understand the fan hype.

Fun read, if from a newbie perspective. I miss the old SF days, although I was actually really still in high school or middle school pretending to be an adult when I joined.

whatever happened to Artisan Fan? He was often unintentionally hilarious.

tripped over a raised stereo cable and broke his neck?

Oh, man - I'd forgotten about that.

The whole "mount your stereo cables on upturned styrofoam cups" thing was hilarious in its absurdity. I did wonder at the time whether he may have been trolling or perhaps trying out a piece of performance art...

The whole "mount your stereo cables on upturned styrofoam cups" thing was hilarious in its absurdity. I did wonder at the time whether he may have been trolling or perhaps trying out a piece of performance art...

No, you can pay £600+ for computer patch cords, ultra expensive HDMI cables where on reviewer was adamant that blacks were blacker when he used a particular expensive brand. There is a whole industry dedicated to stuff like this. It does have some basis in fact as any control and instrumentation engineer will tell you (not running control and instrumentation cables near power cables for example), but some of the claims are absurd or the 'improvements' so minute as to be undetectable to a human. Some companies are sailing very close to the wind and perhaps should be prosecuted under the trade description act (UK) in some cases.

Cable made from 99.999 procent pure material, mined and folded in a pattern handed down over generations, by a bearded Norwegian dude up in his cabin.

I used to read SZ, but it appears the site traffic there has dramatically decreased as well. Is SF still a popular place among the noobs?

Does anyone remember the stories of Kunk ripping people off? It was hilarious too.

Nothing so contrived, no one ever accused him of being smart or well-informed. Let us not speak poorly of the departed. Or Pedobaire.

Don't know. I've heard crazier shit, though. I just figured out that there's a fucking mollusk called a Chiton that has 1,000 eyes, for example. That's about 186 too many for my comfort zone. Chiton was also the appellation for common dress in ancient Rome. Real casual.

Easy, breezy, beautiful,

Hossoso

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom