The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

Nah, the forums were already in their last breaths when they came in. These clowns just drove the peg deeper in the heart. FNB always fed off good content from SF and twats like Crompton, combined with its members own expertise it was ace. When this dried up it was over. It’s the middle class blokes of the world that killed the forums by not treating clothing as a vain and expensive hobby but as something dead serious that requires a cost-benefit analysis. Why get EG when C&J is enough? Savile Row? Italian backyards ftw! Boredom and mediocrity always triumph over jauntiness and irony. You need people like doghouse in Henry Poole posing in front of a dirty bathroom mirror and not a dozen crotch shots of RogerP.

f6pbKx3.gif

Disagree. Woof was a fine chap. The last decent moderator.

The other two appeared out of nowhere and seemed to mostly speak to one another ( an academic type and and oldie now living in a hot climate).

The Bishop was also a good sort. Forthright but that’s perfectly OK with me.
As I've said, I'm sure Sgt Woof was 'a fine' human being, who enjoyd his beans on toast and brown ale, but from a sartorial perspective he came across as a Poundshop Crusty without the husband to take the photos.

As I've said, I'm sure Sgt Woof was 'a fine' human being, who enjoyd his beans on toast and brown ale, but from a sartorial perspective he came across as a Poundshop Crusty without the husband to take the photos.
Still disagree. Sartorially they were in completely different areas. I don’t have issues with either of them.

Crusty liked New & Lingwood kit and Benson and Clegg cuff links. He always photographed his clothes laid out the night before carefully folded and he always had the same poses in the morning. Crusty was the only one who could still get away with a Homburg hat.

Woof was Ivy style. More relaxed photographs. Less rigidly styled.

The only redeeming thing about woofboxer that I can remember is that he had a Saab rag top, a model made before GM fucked the pooch.

Eh, woof is a decent bloke, but his style was scattered at best. He has gone through many permutations of which Ivy was just one.

Eh, woof is a decent bloke, but his style was scattered at best. He has gone through many permutations of which Ivy was just one.
Really? he behaved like a right wanker towards me. I remember him accusing me of lowering the tone of the place along the lines of 'this place was OK until you came along' which a) conveniently overlooked that I was one of the original posters on the site and, b) I provide far more worthwhile content than him and his chums combined.

Left a sour taste in the mouth that did and is primarily the reason I stopped posting there and, rarely provide such content now because of ungrateful wankers like woofboxer.

I hold him and his clown troop responsible for wrecking that site. They should have fucked off back to the mod forum where they belonged.

I mean, look at those fucking suede shoes....

I remember him accusing me of lowering the tone of the place

Well I would take that as a compliment.

I think I had kind of started vacating the premises by the time he became a moderator but maybe not. It's all shrouded in the mists of time at this point.

Really? he behaved like a right wanker towards me. I remember him accusing me of lowering the tone of the place along the lines of 'this place was OK until you came along' which a) conveniently overlooked that I was one of the original posters on the site and, b) I provide far more worthwhile content than him and his chums combined.

Left a sour taste in the mouth that did and is primarily the reason I stopped posting there and, rarely provide such content now because of ungrateful wankers like woofboxer.

I hold him and his clown troop responsible for wrecking that site. They should have fucked off back to the mod forum where they belonged.

I mean, look at those fucking suede shoes....
It was ironic how FNB in the end (when it had lost the main posters) ended up with moderators who could well have taken lessons from Kabbaz. One reason for this, as you hint, was their origin in a nursery clothing site such as the Mod Forum. But another, and this also relates to Sgt Plod, was because they themselves had been told what and how to think by JFM, who really was able to manipulate the slightly dim and those lacking in confidence.

Sammy you shouldn't believe Jimmy's bullshit - his problem and it was a big problem for him - is that he believed his own bullshit.

Sammy you shouldn't believe Jimmy's bullshit - his problem and it was a big problem for him - is that he believed his own bullshit.
Are you trying to tell me that when Jim said, 'Attack Chenners!' they didn't do it? They most certainly did, in the main.

Interestingly, Woof was not one of these, but I clearly recall him objecting (quite rightly in that instance) to something outrageous that Mellor had said, getting chastised for it, and then, wimpishly, getting back into line. Being an 'Ivyist' was clearly very important for him, as evidenced by all the posted piccies.

The point I'm making is that Woofboxer's, and the others', overly enthusiastic moderation might have been a result of a rekindling of power that had been denied them when they were in Jim's thrall.

Possible? Maybe.

Never knew there was so much animosity to woof.

The suede shoes are better than the black plimsolls with white laces. I have never cared for Paraboot either. Or military jackets....

I wonder what became of the chap from Aberystwyth who was in a popular beat combo playing Ivy era stuff?
I don’t think he was a sock puppet.

Well I would take that as a compliment.

I think I had kind of started vacating the premises by the time he became a moderator but maybe not. It's all shrouded in the mists of time at this point.
Under normal circumstances I would have...

Has anyone mentioned Sator, in this orgy of nostalgia?

I joined his Cutter & Tailor Forum for a while but then couldn't remember by log-in details and never bothered to reset them. I went back some time later but the site had disappeared.

Sator was very knowledgeable about certain aspects of clothes and tailoring, but he had a strange obsession with the idea of wearing three-piece suits made of heavy wool during the Australian summer. His rationale, as I understand it, was the Bedouin desert tribes wrapped themselves in layers of cloth and survived in the desert, so he should wrap himself in cloth to survive the Australian summer.

It was a good forum. I think he stopped posting at some point, though there were plenty of other knowledge folks that still stopped by. I'm glad that the wayback machine still archived a few images and threads. I saved a number of good photos from that place.

Has anyone mentioned Sator, in this orgy of nostalgia?

I joined his Cutter & Tailor Forum for a while but then couldn't remember by log-in details and never bothered to reset them. I went back some time later but the site had disappeared.

Sator was very knowledgeable about certain aspects of clothes and tailoring, but he had a strange obsession with the idea of wearing three-piece suits made of heavy wool during the Australian summer. His rationale, as I understand it, was the Bedouin desert tribes wrapped themselves in layers of cloth and survived in the desert, so he should wrap himself in cloth to survive the Australian summer.
Sator was a fully paid-up member of the old cloth was better brigade...

Let's try and get this thread back on track...

Chenners manages to get idiots arguing over which of two idiots looks better, after a break of 8 years.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2020-12-19-14-20-24.png
    SmartSelectImage_2020-12-19-14-20-24.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Churchill into Highballs? That's a new one on me.

Negroni's are great aperitifs, one or two done right will set you up for the meal and wine.

Death in the Afternoon: if you want to get tight very fast, two of them will do it.

Churchill into Highballs? That's a new one on me.

Negroni's are great aperitifs, one or two done right will set you up for the meal and wine.

Death in the Afternoon: if you want to get tight very fast, two of them will do it.
Not a fan.

I like a very dry Sherry for an aperitif, or failing that a Martini or G&T.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom