The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

Kingstonian

Not a fan.

I like a very dry Sherry for an aperitif, or failing that a Martini or G&T.
Sherry is less popular on the UK market than previously, so it is readily available at bargain prices. Fino and manzanilla if you like the dry stuff. I toured Gonzalez Byass. I would not have the sherry their mouse likes. Lustau is more interesting. Almacenista sherries. Lustau East India is a good sweet oloroso.

doghouse

King Of The Elite Idiots
Supporter
Chilled light dry Sherry is a well known aperitif. Good with Fish too.

Chilled dry white Port is another one you could try. Excellent summer drink too with tonic and Orange peel.
I know its well known, I just don't know anyone born after WWI that drinks it.

Trust me, I'm a sucker for arcane tradition, just go at my posting history, but sherry is revolting.

Port is fine, as long as its dry.

Pimpernel Smith

Trust me, I'm a sucker for arcane tradition, just go at my posting history, but sherry is revolting.

The biggest market for sherry is whisky distilleries who are only after the butts to empty and finish off their whiskies.

formby002

Its not particularly traditional, arcane or otherwise, its an alternative. There are several other cocktails you could pick. Ms F. is rather fond of the Aviation.

Kingstonian

The biggest market for sherry is whisky distilleries who are only after the butts to empty and finish off their whiskies.
The Sherry gets drunk first though. Distillers buy empty casks.

When full casks stopped going to Bristol for the world’s biggest selling sherry, then sulphur in casks began to be named as an issue. Empty casks left around for long periods in Spain before going to Scotland. I did hear Jim Murray say this at a Glen Grant tasting.

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
only on SF:

My $2k Japanese leather jacket ripped after a few days of lounging around the house.

good news, for just $220 we will repair it for free

Journeyman

Supporter
Has anyone on the Ivy/Trad fora encountered a shortish guy who drives a boxy Mercedes that was handed down to him by a relative, wears oversized hats and comes across as rather arrogant and condescending?

Basically, he's a Trad version of the Foo (except less Asian).

He's ubiquitous on an Ivy group on Facebook that I was invited to join and he's quite irritating. I was wondering if he's shown up anywhere else before.

Last edited:

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Has anyone on the Ivy/Trad fora encountered a shortish guy who drives a boxy Mercedes that was handed down to him by a relative, wears oversized hats and comes across as rather arrogant and condescending?

Basically, he's a Trad version of the Foo (except less Asian).

He's ubiquitous on an Ivy group on Facebook that I was invited to join and he's quite irritating. I was wondering if he's shown up anywhere else before.

Details on the Merc might change a bit, but aren’t you describing 30-40% of the #menswear crowd?

Journeyman

Supporter
Here's a pic - this is one of the better ones, where he doesn't look like a teenager playing dress-up.

Ivy 02.jpg

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing
Weird end to the #Seamgate saga;

Sammy Ambrose

Beat this!

'About Christian Chensvold Founder And Editor-In-Chief BC, Isaiah McGahee, G. Andrew Meschter Contributing Writers Dean Butler Logo Design Ace Nasir Webmaster *** Traditional Man was launched in Newport, Rhode Island, on Christmas Day of 2019, as part of Stickpin Media, a group of websites founded by Christian Chensvold beginning in 2004. The site draws on the metaphysical school called Traditionalism that emerged in the 20th century in reaction to the modern world, and is related to concepts such as the Perennial Philosophy and Wisdom Tradition. The site explores how awakening the divine spark within can help us navigate an era of crisis that has abandoned virtually all connection to the sacred. The path of spiritual awakening is a kind of map with names and destinations but no directions. How to get there is something each man must discover for himself. Trad-Man seeks to help. The site’s orientation can be summarized in these words from the conclusion of Julius Evola’s “Revolt Against The Modern World”: The possibilities still available in the last times concern only a minority and may be distinguished as follows. Besides the great “currents” of the world there are still individuals who are rooted in terra firma. Generally speaking, they are unknown people who shun the spotlight of modern popularity and culture. They live on spiritual heights; they do not belong to this world. Though they are scattered over the earth and often ignorant of each other’s existence, they are united by an invisible bond and form an unbreakable chain in the traditional spirit. This nucleus does not act: it only exercises the function to which the symbolism of the “perennial fire” corresponded. By virtue of these people, Tradition is present despite all; the flame burns invisibly and something still connects the world to the superworld. They are those who are awake. There are an increasing number of individuals who experience a confused and yet real need for liberation, though they do not know in the name of what. To reorient these people, and shield them from the spiritual dangers of the actual world, to lead them to see the truth and sharpen their will to join the ranks of the first type of people is what can still be done. And yet this too affects only a minority, and we should not delude ourselves that in this way there will be sizable changes in the overall destinies of the multitudes. In any event, this is the only justification for tangible action that can be carried out by men of Tradition living in the modern world, in a milieu with which they have no connection. Trad-Man founder Christian Chensvold was born to a family of astrologers. In college — which he attended on a fencing scholarship under a Hall Of Fame master — he set the groundwork for Traditional Man with extensive study of the Decadent and Symbolist movements in art and literature (circa 1880-1914), which explores the theme of patricians withdrawing from the growing secularization and materialization of society. His recent work includes the essay “Rise Of The Warrior Monk” and his 2017 article on Dr. Jordan Peterson, entitled “YouTube’s New Father Figure,” which was later quoted on the back of Peterson’s bestseller “12 Rules For Life.” His 2017 storybook “The Disengage” is a pastiche of fin-de-siecle Decadence, with a theme of love triumphing over antisemitism. His latest work of fiction, “These Are Our Failures” is a darkly comic tale for a polarized age. Other work has appeared in Poet, Films In Review, L’Uomo Vogue, The Rake, The Wall Street Journal, The LA Times Magazine, The San Francisco Chronicle, National Review, NorCal Bohemian, and many other publications.'

Sammy Ambrose

Hmmm... that may explain a lot.
I think it may.

And given that Chens wrote his own blurb for his Trad Man endeavour, it's comically sad that the irony of this biographical snippet seems to have been missed.

Or is it that Chens is just hedging his bets and laying the groundwork for an astrologically inspired line of clothing?

I'm not sufficiently familiar with star- sign attributes to match clothing styles to the zodiac, but I bet Shooey is.

Come in Shooman! Stop polishing for a second, please.

The Shooman

A Pretty Face
I think it may.

And given that Chens wrote his own blurb for his Trad Man endeavour, it's comically sad that the irony of this biographical snippet seems to have been missed.

Or is it that Chens is just hedging his bets and laying the groundwork for an astrologically inspired line of clothing?

I'm not sufficiently familiar with star- sign attributes to match clothing styles to the zodiac, but I bet Shooey is.

Come in Shooman! Stop polishing for a second, please.

Are our lives and personalities limited to just 12 star signs? So we just categorize humans into 12 groups?

I'd be very careful looking too much into star signs. We are not limited to mere star signs; such things places a ceiling above our heads and empowers these types of limited thought processes. We are a product of divine beings and our wisdom is all from the cosmos, so why limited it to star signs; that is not who we really are. Best not to let star signs define you, it is all low level esoteric stuff from within the 3 realms, and that will limit ones path because impedes true cosmic enlightenment; it deals with human concepts and doesn't delve into higher thought from higher planes. I refuse to place such restraints upon myself. Once you tap into that type of thought process it becomes your prison. One must elevate and rise above such things.

One never knows what type of esoteric energies one taps into when they connect with star sign theories. It's potentially very dangerous. One simple thought can lead to 100 evils. You never know what you are connecting with when we tap into such things.

Last edited:

Pimpernel Smith

Are our lives and personalities limited to just 12 star signs? So we just categorize humans into 12 groups?

I'd be very careful looking too much into star signs. We are not limited to mere star signs; such things places a ceiling above our heads and empowers these types of limited thought processes. We are a product of divine beings and our wisdom is all from the cosmos, so why limited it to star signs; that is not who we really are. Best not to let star signs define you, it is all low level esoteric stuff from within the 3 realms, and that will limit ones path because impedes true cosmic enlightenment; it deals with human concepts and doesn't delve into higher thought from higher planes. I refuse to place such restraints upon myself. Once you tap into that type of thought process it becomes your prison. One must elevate and rise above such things.

One never knows what type of esoteric energies one taps into when they connect with star sign theories. It's potentially very dangerous. One simple thought can lead to 100 evils. You never know what you are connecting with when we tap into such things.

You have to be careful out on the parameters. You can go too far out and never get back with soul intact.

Beware satanic worshippers who profess that it is just libertarianism. For some yes, others are bringing you in and you're already on their radar.

Psychic vampire attack is relentless in its feeding frenzy. One minute you're flirting with Lilith the next your eating human excrement and getting screwed by an Alsatian.

The depths of depravity of the Vienna coven is coveted by a certain Dutch gentleman here. He's fusing the satanic with samurai imagery and ritual.

Very sartorially aware, but not in a good way.

Top Bottom