The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

They don’t make em like they used to
Saw some reruns a couple of years ago. It hasn’t dated too badly. His gear was so popular he had his own clothing line. In the end credits of the later series it said something like “Mr. Savalas’ suits by ‘Telly For Men’ “ or some such! 😁😎

Saw some reruns a couple of years ago. It hasn’t dated too badly. His gear was so popular he had his own clothing line. In the end credits of the later series it said something like “Mr. Savalas’ suits by ‘Telly For Men’ “ or some such! 😁😎
He liked to get his shirts in Jermyn Street:

This ghost story is repeated in a couple of interviews, so it wasn't made up for celebrity ghost stories:

Crompton has been shifting ever more towards casual for a while now. It pre-dates travel restrictions and I put it down to a kind of mid-life crisis. He's pushing 40 and has started to want to appear more youthful, and brown suits don't cut it. Soon we'll be reading that he's divorced with rumours of an affair with a younger woman (who will actually be 35).

If he wishes, he can continue travelling to Italian tailors in the future. He seems like the type to happily be vaccinated and submit to a vaxpass.

Crompton has been shifting ever more towards casual for a while now. It pre-dates travel restrictions and I put it down to a kind of mid-life crisis. He's pushing 40 and has started to want to appear more youthful, and brown suits don't cut it. Soon we'll be reading that he's divorced with rumours of an affair with a younger woman (who will actually be 35).

If he wishes, he can continue travelling to Italian tailors in the future. He seems like the type to happily be vaccinated and submit to a vaxpass.
The problem he has with slopey shoulders and the type of bald head that needs a beard to support it, there's no chance of reinventing himself as some street wear style influencer. He's had a good run and all that. I guess he should have stayed with the day job.

Next article would be a trip to Turkey for hair transplant. Every single hair will be inserted in the follicle with the mouth of a one armed half Serbian-Croatian that is blind following a very antique technic.... you wait.

Next article would be a trip to Turkey for hair transplant. Every single hair will be inserted in the follicle with the mouth of a one armed half Serbian-Croatian that is blind following a very antique technic.... you wait.
My brother recently had a hair transplant, GBP14,000. It looks pretty good now, but he needs another, so that's GBP 28,000. But he wasn't bald, he had widow peaks and a receded hair line.

Not sure there would be enough hair on Crompers head to harvest. If you haven't got like Kojak's that can carry it off, you're in trouble.

The problem he has with slopey shoulders and the type of bald head that needs a beard to support it, there's no chance of reinventing himself as some street wear style influencer. He's had a good run and all that. I guess he should have stayed with the day job.

We'll have to see if his success appears to wane as a result of his shift in tastes. Although I don't think he really has reinvented himself, rather he has branched out. He's still interested in tailoring. Dressing smart certainly does suit his appearance and manner more than the casual wear.

He should get a moral and neurones implant instead, since it clearly lacks of it.

6A49EE0A-E70B-4860-8997-B0C693231F3A.jpeg

rate this crap:

Should be “ the most tacky and cosplayers around” as this guy with a 70´s cut suit, btw the trouser has a bit to be desired...

1618879813076.png

rate this crap:

Should be “ the most tacky and cosplayers around” as this guy with a 70´s cut suit, btw the trouser has a bit to be desired...

View attachment 37037

Easily the most amusing of these is Fergus Henderson - chef MBE.

He is going for the whole Billy Bunter reincarnated thing. He is even in the right job - chef.

Top prize.

‘Yikes!, Yaroo! He, he, he !’

rate this crap:

View attachment 37037

I'm gonna be honest, I do enjoy to look and cut of Tom Ford suits - but that's about as far as I'll go with the typical 70's inspired cuts. TF was influenced by Nutter/Sexton, and that is apparent.

But I've noticed that in the past 10 years or so, there's been an explosion in smaller Tom Ford-clones, and they in turn look like 100% copies of classic Nutter/Sexton suits. And, yes, those just look like bad 70's cosplay uniforms. No originality, just copy/paste work.

I'm gonna be honest, I do enjoy to look and cut of Tom Ford suits - but that's about as far as I'll go with the typical 70's inspired cuts. TF was influenced by Nutter/Sexton, and that is apparent.

But I've noticed that in the past 10 years or so, there's been an explosion in smaller Tom Ford-clones, and they in turn look like 100% copies of classic Nutter/Sexton suits. And, yes, those just look like bad 70's cosplay uniforms. No originality, just copy/paste work.

Keep in mind everything what has the word sex(ton) on it is hyped and usually is poor as D & G stuff.

I think both Ford and Sexton are influenced by 30/40s glamour.

Thankfully, they were castigated in the comment section on the article page. I feel it didn't cater to the incel so much as attempt to provide moral support for the soyboy orbiter.

Last edited:
Never understood those who don't wear socks with any sort of shoe. It's not only gross and often uncomfortable but destroys the lining.

Never understood those who don't wear socks with any sort of shoe. It's not only gross and often uncomfortable but destroys the lining.

I believe is a ghey fetichism turned into fashion. Note fashion as the usual word that describes the contrary to class and elegance.

I know that I've said it before, but I really don't understand why your average person on the street, who is not involved in the clothing business, aspires to go to Pitti Uomo.

As an example, I like cars, but I have absolutely no desire to go to a mechanics' convention, full of stalls showing the latest engine oils and new valve technology.

I suppose that, by attending Pitti, some people get a feeling that they're an "insider" and part of the cool group. Also, of course, they get to show off on Instagram and get plenty of likes.

I know that I've said it before, but I really don't understand why your average person on the street, who is not involved in the clothing business, aspires to go to Pitti Uomo.

As an example, I like cars, but I have absolutely no desire to go to a mechanics' convention, full of stalls showing the latest engine oils and new valve technology.

I suppose that, by attending Pitti, some people get a feeling that they're an "insider" and part of the cool group. Also, of course, they get to show off on Instagram and get plenty of likes.
Nail on head here my friend. It just completely baffles me, aside from the opportunity to get your photo taken with some sort of Instagram hero and post it on the internet like some dripping teenage girl meeting a boy band. And it’s not like it’s a short / inexpensive trip for these people either. Didn’t Moss just have a baby, and state somewhere he works for a church charity so doesn’t have a lot of disposable income?

Oh I don't know. I wouldn't mind going to Pitti to have a look at the stalls and stuff. I'd find that quite interesting. Maybe stay on for a few days afterwards to check out the city as well.

Oh I don't know. I wouldn't mind going to Pitti to have a look at the stalls and stuff. I'd find that quite interesting. Maybe stay on for a few days afterwards to check out the city as well.
Do they even sell stuff there or just preview what will appear in retail next season?

I can only imagine what the people there for business think of the Instagram tourists at Pitti. I usually go to a few conferences every year. Since we have to be there and someone else is paying, the regulars go to lunches and dinners together with a few pub crawls for the younger set and a few touristy things. No one really wants to be there but it’s part of the job so we make the most of it and muster some enthusiasm. I can’t imagine what reaction they would get if someone said they paid their own way to be there.

Didn’t Moss just have a baby, and state somewhere he works for a church charity so doesn’t have a lot of disposable income?

I wonder what his wife makes of all this? Is he telling her that it is leading towards a new career?

I think they just preview, though I have a friend that went who was measured up for a shirt by G. Inglese.

They all go for the after hour party in the palace dungeon “mens only”, of course and finishing their album of sexual disseases at last.

Have you ever seen a real tailor or any well dressed real man attending it?

I have not, only buffons, outsiders, scammers, wannabes and degenerates from the other forum incluiding his infamous owner.

Is like what Pacha Ibiza is for house music lovers but on this case for fashionistos and tackys.

Florence is a great city to visit as is Tuscany in general. Lots of interesting towns with good restaurants. Lots of knife wielding drug dealers mind you by the railway stations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom