The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

I know a few people who have been to Pitti, most of them in the industry to a greater or lesser extent.

i understand from them it can be exhausting and you need to plan to get around stalls, suppliers and check out trends in what is available..

I know a few people who have been to Pitti, most of them in the industry to a greater or lesser extent.

i understand from them it can be exhausting and you need to plan to get around stalls, suppliers and check out trends in what is available..
My colleagues go there to have a laugh at the sockless wonders. But they're not that keen to chaperone me there, on account that most restaurants in the centre of Florence are owned by non-Italians i.e. Moroccans and Turks. They want to get in and out quick.

I like the climate there autumn and early spring, blue sky days and temperature is not too hot. A bit like Rio in August.

My colleagues go there to have a laugh at the sockless wonders. But they're not that keen to chaperone me there, on account that most restaurants in the centre of Florence are owned by non-Italians i.e. Moroccans and Turks. They want to get in and out quick.

I like the climate there autumn and early spring, blue sky days and temperature is not too hot. A bit like Rio in August.

Go Naples or Sicily instead, best ever places in Earth.

1622600178086.png

^ This subsequent comment in that thread is, I must admit, rather amusing:

Simon is a poster boy for many brands. He once wrote an article on Carmina and was comparing them with Edward Green ( poster boy for Edward Green we all know that) he did use the word cheap for Carmina with nitpicking on stupid details. Simon could be a twat in a lot of his TEMPORARY STYLE ARTICLES!!

If one buys an item and likes it then to hell with a bald guys prophecy dictates!! Enjoy it in good health if one don’t then yes they can take it to the maker to rectify the issue and then move on or continue to support the brand!!

I'm still being thoroughly entertained by the SF guy who is trying to get Charvet to cut a $600 custom western shirt for him (also apparently they won't do CMT so he's got them calling suppliers to find the right kind of denim), and fails to see why this could be considered peak iGent.

I'm still being thoroughly entertained by the SF guy who is trying to get Charvet to cut a $600 custom western shirt for him (also apparently they won't do CMT so he's got them calling suppliers to find the right kind of denim), and fails to see why this could be considered peak iGent.
Don't you know the mafoo? The only poster in SF with his own emoji.

He has already made up his mind on what to do and is playing with everybody posting in that thread.

^ This subsequent comment in that thread is, I must admit, rather amusing:

If Cromptons reviews mean shit to him, why is he reading them and then running off to the nearest clothing forum and shitbagging him?

It always amuses me that.

OK, I’m curious: what is the right kind of denim?

If Cromptons reviews mean shit to him, why is he reading them and then running off to the nearest clothing forum and shitbagging him?
It always amuses me that.
For one you are not allowed to post negative comments on his blog, so probably the guy is venting his frustration there?

I agree that the review on Carmina was a disgrace. it is very clear that he has agenda and promotes that he likes/ paid to promote.

Actually his negative reviews are mainly when every knows he is getting the stuff for free, like he did with Ambrosi. Really easy for him to say he is impartial.

I read his Luxire review when it was first posted, and after all the circle jerking and groupthink on the forums over Luxire, it was nice to hear from someone who had some actual experience with real bespoke and at least some idea of what to look for to see if it matched up. Say what you will about Crompton but I thought it was a useful review.

I am not sure I am able to intelligently describe the right qualities for the right kind of denim.
I was just curious what the poster spending $600 for a custom western shirt considered ‘the right sort’ of denim. When MC dudes dip their toes into the SWD world it is often hilarious and sad.

In other news, Crompers just turned 40. Suddenly I’m feeling pretty good about how I look for my aged!

View attachment 38523

There's a statute of limitations in Italy, and also the wheels of the law move rather slow. Still, he might have to find another country to big up the tailors in for the next couple of years. England would be a good place to start...if he had any credit left.
I am not sure I am able to intelligently describe the right qualities for the right kind of denim.
Denim, always a winner:

6394c56c509abfd8c9fc5d2296be06e6.jpg

Those door coat hangers are a pain, you can't close the door fully.
Maybe Kirby Allison could provide a solution.

I met with my friend Simon in Peck Ham, London, England and we looked at specially designed closets for a gentleman’s apparel. Continues for half an hour......

Maybe Kirby Allison could provide a solution.

I met with my friend Simon in Peck Ham, London, England and we looked at specially designed closets for a gentleman’s apparel. Continues for half an hour......
Was it on Hooky Street?

I'll get my coat...

Never wear Brown in town!
Do you follow that rule Arny? You save your brown for the estate on weekends?

I could not wear more than half of my sport coats and most of my shoes. A couple of suits. Jackets and coats. No brown Barbours. Oh, my brown yak toques.

Do you follow that rule Arny? You save your brown for the estate on weekends?

I could not wear more than half of my sport coats and most of my shoes. A couple of suits. Jackets and coats. No brown Barbours. Oh, my brown yak toques.
I don't, half of my wardrobe is brown. I'm not being serious. We're just having fun here.

I would love to hear more about TheFoo, if someone has the patience and inclination. The whole westerner thread is hilarious

I would love to hear more about TheFoo, if someone has the patience and inclination. The whole westerner thread is hilarious

See Rambo's post - we have a thread dedicated to The Foo.

this is a professional forum where quality research is undertaken on a regular basis, sir

He's a bit of a fixture on StyleForum and has spawned a number of memes and epic posts:
- Attempts to order a green breast wallet at Hermes;
- Attempts to get a "tubo" belt from Jay Kos;
- Lecturing bespoke shirtmaker Alex Kabbaz on how to run his business (this was when Foo was still a law student) and when Kabbaz called him a "student" Foo was highly indignant because he already had an undergraduate degree and was now studying law (actually, this happened on the "Ask Andy About Clothes" forum);
- Buying multiple pairs of the same style of Alden longwing shoes to have a "one shoe" wardrobe;
- Waiting many months for trousers by Ambrosi, being referred to as an "ovalheaded dwarf" by Ambrosi, finally receiving the trousers, then finding that the trousers don't fit;
- Entering some sort of "America's best-dressed man" competition and appearing on TV (again, I think that this was when he was a student);
- Having a mid-life crisis, getting a Porsche 911, and buying skinny jeans and a double-rider moto jacket from Saint Laurent;
- And many, many more.

Edited to add:

I realised that I forgot about the bespoke Camille Fournet (Lavabre Cadet) gloves that didn't fit; the bespoke Cleverley shoes that were made incorrectly (in contravention of Foo's specific instructions) and that later either broke or came apart in some way; and the apparent requirement to order eleven items from someone (such as Rubinacci) before you can properly comment on their quality or ability. Plus, there's his obsession with particular consumer goods and brands, such as Leica, Gibson (guitars), Panerai and then Patek Philippe and other such status symbols.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom