The SF/AAAC/FNB trainwreck thread

Will you please just shut the fuck up already

Are you afraid of those degenerates?

Do you suffer Stockoholm Syndrome out of fokfuck rapes?

Have any of those menaced you?

Do they know deep secrets of you for that?

Dr Levi Holzman is reading, he can help you.

He was an advanced pupil of Dr. Hamer, a visionary of trauma and it´s body effects. https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryke_Geerd_Hamer, he was kicked out of German corrupted Drs. Association by expossing all their corrupted plots.

Said this: f u k f o k

Last edited:
Where did you get my American Express number from?

Sarto received other signed and dedicated by the Donald himself.

1627180010124.png

Sammy Ambrose Sammy Ambrose , I've just had the best laugh. I was looking through my PM's after FNB suggested archiving any that we wanted to save, and I came across some messages I shared with Worried Man that time you exposed Oliver for begging for money for his trip to Japan anonymously on a go fund me type page.

I'm still chuckling to myself.

Sammy Ambrose Sammy Ambrose , I've just had the best laugh. I was looking through my PM's after FNB suggested archiving any that we wanted to save, and I came across some messages I shared with Worried Man that time you exposed Oliver for begging for money for his trip to Japan anonymously on a go fund me type page.

I have only vague memories of that story. As I recall, you were the one that first spotted the shabby tricking of sad old ladies and I delved in a bit more deeply.

Worried Man was a good guy

I have only vague memories of that story. As I recall, you were the one that first spotted the shabby tricking of sad old ladies and I delved in a bit more deeply.

Worried Man was a good guy

Pretty much. I came across him on Flyertalk and it went from there.

I do miss WM. Very good dude. I actually still have a coffee cup he gave me.

The moderators that came later to fnb.com ruined the tone of the place. They were never around in the early days, so they never understood how it was supposed to be. They tried hard and they wrecked the place.

Maybe doggy and fxh need to get into power over there and fix everything. Rise through the ranks boys and bring all our old mates back.

Of course H man wouldn't be too far away, he'd still be creeping around playing silly games. Ernest is still around too, saw him on a french forum about 6 months ago. I wonder what happened to Grayson, he'd be nearly 60 now, when he started he was 39. The old days.

Interesting, Oliver was the Canadian with a high roller image. Surprised he would be on the scrounge. I thought he left after criticism about him wearing beige.

Then there was the chap whose posts were consistently written in an Irvine Welsh-style Scots dialect.

Maybe there some sort of translator that he ran them all through beforehand.

Interesting, Oliver was the Canadian with a high roller image. Surprised he would be on the scrounge. I thought he left after criticism about him wearing beige.
Sartorially Ollie was the most clued up on the dark side ( as Sauce called it). I think he just made an error of judgement and a bad attitude led to him paying for that. But let us let bygones....... and get him on here.

Then there was the chap whose posts were consistently written in an Irvine Welsh-style Scots dialect.

Maybe there some sort of translator that he ran them all through beforehand.
I remember him, didn't post that often, but there was a Robert Burns quality to his infrequent posts.

I remember him, didn't post that often, but there was a Robert Burns quality to his infrequent posts.
Didn't he call himself, Laird, or something like that? Didn't like Burlington socks I recall.

Oliver was from Canada but lived in San Fran, I remember he posted me a book on mid-century pottery by American jewish makers. The book accompanied an expo there on Jewish modernist design. We both came from the modernist scene, he took the Ivy way (and did it well) and I shifted to comtempory Italian. Good cat, seemed a bit of resentment to him on the dark side because he was willing to spend more than 80p on a shirt.

The moderators that came later to fnb.com ruined the tone of the place. They were never around in the early days, so they never understood how it was supposed to be. They tried hard and they wrecked the place.

Maybe doggy and fxh need to get into power over there and fix everything. Rise through the ranks boys and bring all our old mates back.

Of course H man wouldn't be too far away, he'd still be creeping around playing silly games. Ernest is still around too, saw him on a french forum about 6 months ago. I wonder what happened to Grayson, he'd be nearly 60 now, when he started he was 39. The old days.
Grayson was ill. Deffo. When I joined FNB he really got his teeth into me when I asked for reccommended tailors in Napoli. Called me an Igent jumping on the band wagon. I'd never heard of the term before, mainly because I'd never been on a clothing forum before. Then he called me a troll, which I'd never heard of either. Sort of went downhill from there really. Grosgrain silk, (remember him? proper judge?) really stood my corner and I'll always be thankful for that. In the end Grayson admitted he'd got a serious problem with his obbession with clothing and tailors. Even admitting to going to a tailor in his city in his lunch breaks just to look at cloth books. Didn't he recieve a trust fund from his parents? He also said he'd got tons of bespoke stuff he wore once and became bored with, he really opened up in the end. It was kinda sad I remember and I felt a bit sorry for him in the end. Thats when he stopped posted on there. Who was the Italian tailor he used that he kept calling maestro? I remember Grosgain really took the piss out of him for that.

Grosgain was a interesting guy, maybe a bit to well balanced for the madhouse.

A couple of years later I met Stephen Lachter the shirt maker (whom was about the only shirt maker Grayson seemed to approve of) and mentioned Grayson to him. He said the guy was a know it all, know nothing type. Anyone whom he had slagged off would be happy to address any issues with a item made. "Tailors want happy customers", I remember him saying.

Grayson was ill. Deffo. When I joined FNB he really got his teeth into me when I asked for reccommended tailors in Napoli. Called me an Igent jumping on the band wagon. I'd never heard of the term before, mainly because I'd never been on a clothing forum before. Then he called me a troll, which I'd never heard of either. Sort of went downhill from there really. Grosgrain silk, (remember him? proper judge?) really stood my corner and I'll always be thankful for that. In the end Grayson admitted he'd got a serious problem with his obbession with clothing and tailors. Even admitting to going to a tailor in his city in his lunch breaks just to look at cloth books. Didn't he recieve a trust fund from his parents? He also said he'd got tons of bespoke stuff he wore once and became bored with, he really opened up in the end. It was kinda sad I remember and I felt a bit sorry for him in the end. Thats when he stopped posted on there. Who was the Italian tailor he used that he kept calling maestro? I remember Grosgain really took the piss out of him for that.

A couple of years later I met Stephen Lachter the shirt maker (whom was about the only shirt maker Grayson seemed to approve of) and mentioned Grayson to him. He said the guy was a know it all, know nothing type. Anyone whom he had slagged off would be happy to address any issues with a item made. "Tailors want happy customers", I remember him saying.
Raphael was his tailor. Did very good work from what I saw.

Mimmo Siviglia was his shirtmaker who, I believe was also a tailor. Made a couple of sports coats for Cruz Diez.

Didn't he call himself, Laird, or something like that? Didn't like Burlington socks I recall.

Oliver was from Canada but lived in San Fran, I remember he posted me a book on mid-century pottery by American jewish makers. The book accompanied an expo there on Jewish modernist design. We both came from the modernist scene, he took the Ivy way (and did it well) and I shifted to comtempory Italian. Good cat, seemed a bit of resentment to him on the dark side because he was willing to spend more than 80p on a shirt.
He was an utter bellend. One of the dickheads 'introduced' to the forum by the Jumble Sale addicts of the Talk Ivy sub-forum.

I remember Grosgrain. I think he was from Leeds - a barrister.

Bishop of Briggs was another Scot but Jim managed to wind him up unfortunately. He lived in Hampton so good for local info for me.

Briggs was here for a minute. Had a complete meltdown across several fora simultaneously.

Grosgrain was a top poster, I miss him for sure.

I did like Grayson for his love of clothes, and l especially loved the enthusiasm in his posts, so he was my favourite poster. But sadly he could be very nasty, and was a tragic character in general. I feel sad when l think of him. I hope he is o.k, but sometimes l wonder.

Mimmo Siviglia was the maestro.

I still like FNB's articles on his forum. Unique, pompous and insightful.

Last edited:
Grayson was my favourite poster because he made his clothing journey sound like a fairytale. He talked so romantically about clothes, and his stories were incredibly interesting. He was completely obsessed. A unique character, there will never be another Grayson.

I liked the way he used to talk about Lesser and Sons. Always made me determined to have clothes made form it. Grayson influenced me in the early years. Great fabric.

Last edited:
He was an utter bellend. One of the dickheads 'introduced' to the forum by the Jumble Sale addicts of the Talk Ivy sub-forum.
Since you arksed:: I've got a few second hand vintage 60s Ivy Jackets USA made - the full no darts, hooked vent, swelled edges, etc for sale and a few vintage BB OCBDs for sale.

Special Jumble Sale price for you.

In the end Grayson admitted he'd got a serious problem with his obbession with clothing and tailors.

I never had much to do with him, as I think he was banned from StyleForum not long after I joined due to his frequent personal attacks on a multitude of members there. I joined FNB but never spent much time there.

My main memory of Grayson is of his photos, for two reasons.

Firstly, if I remember correctly, he had very sloping shoulders and his (apparently bespoke) jackets did nothing to improve that feature but instead seemed to make it more pronounced.

Secondly, in his photos you could see racks or shelves of clothing, but the walls or cornices behind and above the clothing seemed to be unpainted and very shabby. In other words, he seemed to spend everything on clothes, rather than on accommodation or other such things that are, arguably, of considerably greater importance than tailored clothing.

Talk Ivy seemed to have more who would pay whatever price John Simon’s asked than second hand purchasers.

The classic case was the trio who claimed to have lived like hermits for several years just to buy Ivy clothes - John Gaul and his pals.

Since you arksed:: I've got a few second hand vintage 60s Ivy Jackets USA made - the full no darts, hooked vent, swelled edges, etc for sale and a few vintage BB OCBDs for sale.

Thank you for your kind offer,

Bur after a nanoseconds thought I'll pass.

Cheers.

f.

Anything by J. Keydge?

Bishop of Briggs was another Scot but Jim managed to wind him up unfortunately. He lived in Hampton so good for local info for me.
Bishop of Briggs was great. Nothing wrong with having a blow out now and again.

His going was the forum's loss.
Talk Ivy seemed to have more who would pay whatever price John Simon’s asked than second hand purchasers.

The classic case was the trio who claimed to have lived like hermits for several years just to buy Ivy clothes - John Gaul and his pals.
John Gaul, jealous over his ex-venture capitalist mate who founded Harry Stedman.

I believe Jim had worked with him in the past, in his ''Accountant'' role which was really an Invoice Administrator job.

Remember that unemployed kid from the USA who was sourcing all vintage Ivy stuff (can't remember his name)? John Gaul was bigging him up all the time and I bought some stuff off him and he told me that Gaul was a recovering alcoholic.

Gaul was really into the forgotten TSC album that no one liked and got panned at the time: Confessions of a Pop Group. He had the low down on that album, all the nods and influences to the MJQ and Donald Byrd from A New Perspective Album.

Bish was great. I don't FNB thought so though.

Remember the odd chap with all the tattoos that had a melt down and really slagged the dark side off? WTF was his name, he ripped someone off on there buying clobber that was never sent. I can't remember who got ripped off but I've never seen anyone so upset at being scammed for £1.50.

Remember the odd chap with all the tattoos that had a melt down and really slagged the dark side off? WTF was his name, he ripped someone off on there buying clobber that was never sent. I can't remember who got ripped off but I've never seen anyone so upset at being scammed for £1.50.
Oh yes! If I remember right, he came back and boasted that he had scammed a couple of forum members and here's the finger.

Oh yes! If I remember right, he came back and boasted that he had scammed a couple of forum members and here's the finger.
Yeah, I was surprised anyone would attemp to buy anything off him over the net. Even an idiot like me sussed he was a wrong un.

That whole thing about Ivy being a multi-decade underground subculture, people emerging blinking into the daylight from a John Simons shop, I didn't buy that at all.

Bish was great. I don't FNB thought so though.

Wasn't he the one who posted videos of himself burning rare colours of vintage Brooks Brothers OCBDs

He was pretty amusing. I miss AQG as well.

As I mentioned upthread, Gilgamesh was my all time favorite. I dropped him an email not long ago to tell him about this place but don't know if he popped in or not.

Chevere was another poster I enjoyed.
Yachtie was another...

That whole thing about Ivy being a multi-decade underground subculture, people emerging blinking into the daylight from a John Simons shop, I didn't buy that at all.
I was always mystified by the obsession with 'Ivy'. Growing up with it, we just considered them 'clothes'. And, more often than not, 'boring old man clothes'.

Even today at Harvard, St. Paul's, Philips, it's mostly school sports teams who are dressed for away games or visitors overdone in Ivy cosplay. When it's time for an event, everyone just pulls out the old school uniform. Nothing fascinating about Trad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom