• Zelensky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Prigozhin

• Trump

• Total voters
Just what they need...
It's undeniable, Bono and The Edge's star and charisma has most definitely faded, but at least they were there.

Trudeau and Biden's wife is a better sign that Kyiv is secured and the right Land Lease type deals are being done. Talk softly whilst delivering weapons. There may be a bit of ruse there going on with Germany, but maybe not based on the Russian agent Schröder and questions over who was Merkel really working for. Soiled.

"The notion that Ukraine stands resolutely united in opposition to Russia's invasion may hold true for much for the country. But here in the Donbas, there is a large ethnic-Russian minority, a painful history of eight years of separatist conflict with Russian-backed militias and - particularly for an older generation - a powerful nostalgia for the USSR."

"This is Russian territory. Ukraine is the occupier here,"

"I don't know Putin personally, so I can't tell you what I think of him. But I don't see Russia as the enemy. We all lived together in the Soviet Union. So, let's see what happens [if Russia occupies the town],"

"I'm a creation of the Soviet Union. We all lived together in those days and I have relatives everywhere. I'm not going to tell you what I think of Putin,"

"The notion that Ukraine stands resolutely united in opposition to Russia's invasion may hold true for much for the country. But here in the Donbas, there is a large ethnic-Russian minority, a painful history of eight years of separatist conflict with Russian-backed militias and - particularly for an older generation - a powerful nostalgia for the USSR."

"I don't know Putin personally, so I can't tell you what I think of him. But I don't see Russia as the enemy. We all lived together in the Soviet Union. So, let's see what happens [if Russia occupies the town],"

"I'm a creation of the Soviet Union. We all lived together in those days and I have relatives everywhere. I'm not going to tell you what I think of Putin,"
There's always collobarators, look at France even the Channel Islands in WWII. They tend to get rough justice afterwards.

'[...] I'm a creation of the Soviet Union [...] I'm not going to tell you what I thin of Putin'

There's a clue right there!

See that Putin looks ever worse and there was no talk of mobilizing the masses at the victory day. Many commentators in exile have stated this would be very bad for Putin, it's one thing supporting the war from behind your television, it's another thing when you're getting three bullets, a WWII rifle and being marched off to the front.

A British view typical of the current times.
He's running out of road and then there's his alleged operation coming up from which, he may or may not wake up from or be so far incapacitated that he's removed from power on ill-health grounds. Big bad dictators don't look good in a wheel chair. It was different with Roosevelt.

The shopping mall that has been destroyed near Odesa was pretty big and had M&S. My wife and kids have been several time as nearby the brother-in-law's dacha. He spent a lot money building that and only just finished it a couple of years ago. But he must be feeling optimistic as apparently he's ordered some fishing tackle from his ship and had it delivered to his apartment in Odesa.

A British view typical of the current times.
The main idea of the article is ok, Putin is loosing on all levels, and Europe, USA + their allies must keep on cracking the russkys’ nuts. Nevertheless somethin’s missing in the article: there’s no word about possible dissent which Zelenskyi may face from (some of) his fellow Ucrainians as the war will rage on month after month.

Last edited:

"'I was born in the Soviet Union,' he continues, sipping on some freshly brewed tea. 'Russians, to my regret, use everything as weapons. Our common dates, our common language, our common religion. Russia doesn't hesitate to use all means. That is why everybody here now hates the Russian language - even Russian poet Alexander Pushkin is persona non grata - that is why our church is split, and everything which is Russian will be renamed here.'"

Surely peace will come one day...

F27E4E5F-24FF-4F7F-87CD-6E2A6C2B5AE2.jpeg

Probably because they are most at risk if Russia continues. They're tiny countries with not much natural resources. I doubt NATO defends every inch of those two former republics.
It’s an interesting ratio to look at. The US has been the largest donor by far, but it looks small because they have a bloated military budget that pays the salaries of so many people.

Meanwhile, fucking Austria …

New joke in Russia: “We used to be second strongest military power in the world. Now it looks like we are the second strongest military power in Ukraine.”

And in other news:

"But he says Ukraine’s claim to have wiped out more than 1,000 men is probably overstated.

Speaking to the BBC, the CEO of security consultancy Sibylline Ltd estimates that more like 140-180 Russians were killed.

He explains that 70 or 80 vehicles reportedly destroyed in the Ukrainian attack were unlikely to have been filled with infantrymen – but were instead being used to scope out the area and lay down pontoon bridges.

This particular operation is evidence of Moscow’s tactic of 'reconnaissance by fire', he explains – which means 'driving forwards till someone shoots at you'.

The Kremlin’s troops appear to have been attempting to cut off the Ukrainian city of Severodonetsk - but Crump acknowledges there is a lot of uncertainty around the facts.

What’s more, he says, the Russians remain 'determined' to use such tactics in order to encircle the likes of Severodonetsk and steadily gain ground in the east."

CISA is throwing out alerts like they suspect a significant Russian cyber attack on NATO is imminent.

The main idea of the article is ok, Putin is loosing on all levels, and Europe, USA + their allies must keep on cracking the russkys’ nuts. Nevertheless somethin’s missing in the article: there’s no word about possible dissent which Zelenskyi may face from (some of) his fellow Ucrainians as the war will rage on month after month.
The Ukrainians like the partisans in WWII, will be able to keep up resistance and counter attacks indefinitely. The Russians have already rolled-out a campaign of terror, interrogation and a Gulag Archipelago is already in place for those they deem ''Nazis'' and they are rounding up undesirables and sending to the camps.

At this stage, the Russians are exposed as a paper tiger, take away their thermo-nuclear weapon status and Putin would already be dead.

The Ukrainians like the partisans in WWII, will be able to keep up resistance and counter attacks indefinitely.
I hope they'll be able - and I say that as one who lives in a country at borders with Ukraine and Moldova. Our country has lived under the dictatorship of the Russians & commies for 50 years, so our hatred for the Russians' modern & contemporary imperialism is/was bigger than that of the Ukrainians; we're only not as brave as them ;)

I hope the Russian military machine will be kept in check - and the hahols proved they can do that. I guess they hope to regain some territories, so it's highly probable the fights will go on for months, and tensions for years. But the Ukrainian civilians are human too, nobody is untouched when their sons, husbands, friends or loved ones are dying on the front, so the support for the war (however just) may wane here too. I saw a feature on Euronews which made me think not all Ukrainians are in the same row. Maybe I'm too pesimistic, but thinking what may happen in Ukraine in the long run (5 - 25 yrs) does not bring much joy.

Tech analysis of Ukraine artillery systems

Tech analysis of Ukraine artillery systems
Interesting analysis. Does this Telenko guy have some other similar insights into the other's arms performances in the Russian-Ukrainian conflict?

Great post! Fascinating stuff.
Very documented and logical. On the other hand, I tend to have some reservations before buying it: is it credible that a retired US DOD civil servant blows that story into the four winds? I thought these guys were more discreet in active duty and also retirement. Bottom line, the story could also be a red herring. Which makes it even more interesting to read.
1652539989892.png

I hope they'll be able - and I say that as one who lives in a country at borders with Ukraine and Moldova. Our country has lived under the dictatorship of the Russians & commies for 50 years, so our hatred for the Russians' modern & contemporary imperialism is/was bigger than that of the Ukrainians; we're only not as brave as them ;)

I hope the Russian military machine will be kept in check - and the hahols proved they can do that. I guess they hope to regain some territories, so it's highly probable the fights will go on for months, and tensions for years. But the Ukrainian civilians are human too, nobody is untouched when their sons, husbands, friends or loved ones are dying on the front, so the support for the war (however just) may wane here too. I saw a feature on Euronews which made me think not all Ukrainians are in the same row. Maybe I'm too pesimistic, but thinking what may happen in Ukraine in the long run (5 - 25 yrs) does not bring much joy.
My wife is originally from the Ukraine and we have family in Moldova, Odesa and here now too - the Ukrainians resistance is resolute.

Putin will be gone soon, what replaces him? We shall see, a long protracted conflict 5-25 years will be a Cold War type situation and we're already here.

Good to see a verdict on Merkel's Germany in the Eurovision - coming last, the nation that has done so much to deliver us into the crocodile mouth of Putin's Imperialist Russia.

Azov Regt. just surrendered to the Russians, abandoning Azovstal in Mariupol. Around 300 of the nazi-aligned fighters were seen being bused away to the East, under Russian guard.

This could be a face-saver for Putin to claim victory and scale back his objectives further.

Azov Regt. just surrendered to the Russians, abandoning Azovstal in Mariupol. Around 300 of the nazi-aligned fighters were seen being bused away to the East, under Russian guard.

This could be a face-saver for Putin to claim victory and scale back his objectives further.

I am surprised they weren’t executed on site but I guess like the Ukrainians they need to put some sham trials on television for all to see.

neither. everyone sucks for entirely different reasons and we the people are just being used as pawns in a proxy war on all sides.

We are being used because we are paying through the roof on goods which the politicians conveniently blame on Putin when costs have been increasing since before coronavirus.

That said lots of money is being made seizing the enemy’s assets and reselling them. In addition all the donated or destroyed war machinery and expended munitions are keeping defence companies and their raw material suppliers rich.

In spite of all the Nazis on all sides, it isn’t as clear cut as World War 2.

“If frontline troops have their way, Elon Musk will be made a hero of Ukraine. His Starlink satellite network provides free internet to men across the battle space.”

“I ducked as another shell whistled overhead and exploded 300m away. ’If you can hear them, it isn't for you,’ said Yuri who was accompanying us. It is the ones you don't hear that kill you. It's the third time in this war that someone has cracked that grim joke.”

“’God save the Queen,’ said Yuri pointing out a British-supplied anti-tank weapon. ’Thank you, Mr Johnson, we need more,‘ he said with a laugh.”

neither. everyone sucks for entirely different reasons and we the people are just being used as pawns in a proxy war on all sides.
Absolutely not, the Ukrainians are engaged in an existential fight for survival against a very evil, expansionist and imperialist ideology that seeks to dehumanize and enslave them. We've been here before in this region with the Soviets.

There is no equivalence or proxy war on all sides, Russia is the aggressor and engaged in terror against civilians and are busy shipping people off to camps to be ''processed''. Sad that you can't see that. You should, there's no excuse.

Putin and his cretins talk nuclear war trash with no respect for the total destruction of Russia and Slavic peoples that would bring. These hard men, like rocket man, in North Korea have big chips on their shoulders, it's always somebody else's fault except their own. Pathetic creatures who deserve our disdain. There's no state craft, no eloquence, no policies to admire, only thuggery. Even that's not very effective considering the total shambles and professional humiliation the mighty Russian army has been experiencing in the Ukraine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom