The War With ISIS/ISIL

Iraqi and US coalition forces allegedly let several hundred IS fighters and their families escape.
Could they be needed elsewhere?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-41966911

In the meantime, back in Germany:

http://www.extraordinaryinfo.com/angela-merkel-to-make-islamic-holy-days-public-holidays-in-germany/

Good thing is, there won't be much damage to the economy.
Fun fact, they "killed" one of the Christian holidays in 1995 to help the employers pay their share of care insurance or some shit. I think the day was Buß- und Bettag, which was usually on a Wednesday.
Most of the Catholic holidays are still free days in the South of Germany (and there are many), while the Protestant North has to go to work.

Iraqi and US coalition forces allegedly let several hundred IS fighters and their families escape.
Could they be needed elsewhere?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-41966911

In the meantime, back in Germany:

http://www.extraordinaryinfo.com/angela-merkel-to-make-islamic-holy-days-public-holidays-in-germany/

Good thing is, there won't be much damage to the economy.
Fun fact, they "killed" one of the Christian holidays in 1995 to help the employers pay their share of care insurance or some shit. I think the day was Buß- und Bettag, which was usually on a Wednesday.
Most of the Catholic holidays are still free days in the South of Germany (and there are many), while the Protestant North has to go to work.
Do you think that will go over well? Or will the far right pissed?

Do you think that will go over well? Or will the far right pissed?

You mean the Islamic holidays? Not much the public can do about that. The German parliament decides and that's definitely a go.
And FYI, what is called the "far right" in the MSM is a bunch of former conservatives who left Merkel's CDU after it moved to the left. Most of what they have in their agenda now was part of the CDU program shortly before Merkel took over.
Like immigration/ border control and such. There are smaller parties that actually are far right, but they have very little influence. All of the combined have usually less than 3% of any election result. They are the ones who actually shout "Heil H****r and sport a very short hair cut.

Since there was just an open door policy nobody in Germany actually knows how many former IS fighters infiltrated the country. Some sources say 100's, others say several 1000's. Given the defeat of IS in the ME I think it's more likely the latter. And that is just Germany. There might be equal numbers in France and Italy.
And that does not even include the Muslims who (openly or not) support the Jihad. Which is actually the main goal of every Muslim: Conquering the world in the name of Allah.

Wasn't Syria trading with ISIS at the height of the caliphate?

Do you mean Damascus? Assad certainly didn’t pursue the fight with ISIS when they were killing other rebel factions, but I’m unaware of any proven collusion between the two. He’s about as scummy as Erdogan and ISIS, but in this case I don’t think it was in his interest to cozy up to them.

Do you mean Damascus? Assad certainly didn’t pursue the fight with ISIS when they were killing other rebel factions, but I’m unaware of any proven collusion between the two. He’s about as scummy as Erdogan and ISIS, but in this case I don’t think it was in his interest to cozy up to them.

Not cozy up. I just read somewhere that Isis had to sell things they seized and the incumbent government was often a customer even though they were supposed to be sworn enemies.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be surprised.

At least they aren’t in NATO like Turkey.

I wouldn’t be surprised.

At least they aren’t in NATO like Turkey.

When was the last time Turkey really sided with NATO? At the moment of inception and not much past that. European Union were right not to admit them quickly.

When was the last time Turkey really sided with NATO? At the moment of inception and not much past that. European Union were right not to admit them quickly.

Like him or loathe him, Trump's noose around Erdogan is masterly played. He'll be getting his just desserts soon enough. We've not seen such decisive measured action from the USA for quite some time. Brilliantly played.

Tabloids only see Turkish holidays getting cheaper. Terrorism and more fundamentalist atmosphere would deter me.

Turkish economic woes may lead to contagion in lots of other countries too. So unintended consequences from Trump?

Tabloids only see Turkish holidays getting cheaper. Terrorism and more fundamentalist atmosphere would deter me.

Turkish economic woes may lead to contagion in lots of other countries too. So unintended consequences from Trump?

I would never go to such places, especially the likes of Dubai on holiday. Business trip okay.

Trump knows exactly what he is doing. I had to laugh today about the EU's ''blocking statute'' as regards business dealing with Iran. A true paper tiger in action, try getting a German or Dutch bank to accept payments from Iran. They won't and when the Iranians went over to Brussels to get agreement on the special bank in Brussels to accept payments they collectively shit their pants. And I write this as someone who is exposed to the Iranian market. Or was, as I am fully compliant to the snap back.

When was the last time Turkey really sided with NATO?

Probably the day before the CIA tried to have him killed. Hence the cleansing of the military and administration from members of the Gülen movement.
As for the EU, they just played their part (along with NATO), because Turkey is in an important geopolitical position.
When the Warsaw pact still existed it was the NATO ally closest to Russia.
Buying oil from ISIS (funded by members of NATO and Saudi-Arabia) was one way to support them, along with transporting US weapons to them.
Most (if not all) Western controlled media outlets want his scalp and the US banksters take great efforts to bring down the Turkish Lira.
This is a regime change attempt without actual fighting.
All this will draw Erdogan closer to Russia and China and Turkey might not want to be a member of NATO any more. Or of the EU for that matter.
In the meantime, ISIS and other terrorist groups funded and created by Western (US and UK) secret services get their arses handed to them, mostly thanks to the Russians, as most of the attacks by Western military forces were just fakes, and the ISIS mercenaries quietly left to another place. But now Syria will be mostly under Assad's control again.
If it wasn't for Israel, Iran would not have to face the difficulties it has now. Sadly, under Trump, the Israel lobby in Washington has gained a lot more power. Not sure that is a good thing.

If it wasn't for Israel, Iran would not have to face the difficulties it has now. Sadly, under Trump, the Israel lobby in Washington has gained a lot more power. Not sure that is a good thing.

Iran is an authoritarian theocracy and the people see the Iranian diaspora doing extremely well overseas and realise that they're being held back by low IQ thugs. Regime change in Iran would actually work.

It certainly is not a good thing. Before being elected Trump told the lobby ‘I don’t need your money’ which gave hope to many Americans that they would get that monkey off their backs. Instead Trump went Uber Zionist and made every thing worse.
https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.pr...e-for-u-s-embassy-move-to-jerusalem-1.6094017

Last edited:
Iran is an authoritarian theocracy and the people see the Iranian diaspora doing extremely well overseas and realise that they're being held back by low IQ thugs. Regime change in Iran would actually work.

They had their chance back in 1953, but sadly Mossadeq was taken out because he wanted more money for Iranian oil. Big Mistake.
Not the only time it happened:

Syria war: Government forces 'enter Manbij' amid Turkey threats

"The Syrian army said it had raised a flag in Manbij. In a televised statement, a spokesman said the troops were there to 'crush terrorism and defeat all invaders and occupiers'. However a US official told Reuters that US troops had not changed their positions in Manbij and dozens still remained. The official said they had seen Syrian forces on the outskirts of the city but not inside it.

Without the support of the Americans, Kurdish leaders are now being forced to choose what they regard as the least bad option.
They will be hoping that the presence of the Syrian government army - which is backed by Russia and Iran - will deter Turkey from launching an attack."

_104975705_syria_control_manbij_17_12_2018_eng_640-nc.png

I like how people still call it the US led coalition against Islamic State. I think what's left of the Islamic State is way down southeast near the Iraq border not anywhere near Manbij. They should just call this for what it is - good old fashioned geopolitical jockeying.

Meanwhile, Australia is beginning to question the ANZUS Alliance that has stood since the Second World War. China is a major consumer of Australian material and the US has proven to be an unreliable ally.

But turkey supports isis is not believable given Istanbul suffered more than its fair share of isis terror attacks
turkey is absolutely one of the biggest isis supporters in the region along with the saudis. they were using isis as a proxy to knock out the kurds.

But turkey supports isis is not believable given Istanbul suffered more than its fair share of isis terror attacks

No, Erdogan’s opponents suffered Ttacks at the hands of his ISIS proxies, in exchange for free passage across the borders and financial support.

It’s been well documented over the past few years.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/04/12/turkeys-double-isis-standard/

https://www.thepressproject.gr/arti...ocuments-relations-erdogan-ISIS-oil-smuggling

https://www.salon.com/2016/06/30/tu...s_highlighted_after_horrific_istanbul_attack/

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/o...turkey-isil-strategy-2014101411338118636.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom