The way we used to live

Men's roles
- if the house burns down he is responsible to getting the kids and his wife out, even if it costs him his life.
- if someone is drowning a man is expected to jump in and save the person.
- if an uninvited guest comes to the front the door the man is expected to tell the person to get lost in a harsh tone. He could be beaten up, but he is still expected to do it.
- if the kids play up the man does the discipline and acts in a manly authoritative way
- leaves home each day to earn the money while undergoing stress in the process and the pressure to keep working so he can look after his family.

Women's roles
- providing a great home environment where everything functions well.
- to nurture, teach and look after the kids and make sure her husband is taken care of so he can perform his role for the family.
- to have children.

Few men's and women's roles are fun. Both require sacrifice. Women have child birth; and men are expected to put their life on the line to protect, and leave home each day to earn. For native people it is the same; the man risks his life to hunt food while the women look after the home and prepares meals etc.

You’re still single, huh?

Back when cop cars were cool

IMG_5162.jpeg

I bought Miracle Whip during my calorie counting ingredients be damned days - just because it had lower calories than jarred mayonnaise (light or not). That said I can make my own mayonnaise now and the sheer amount of oil you put in it makes you want to use it sparingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom