Things You Just Don't Get

I saw two not unattractive women at the till purchase 120 dollars of groceries - meats, veg, everything. One of them takes out her mobile and starts tapping on a calculator. I thought she assumed she was charged in error but what she was doing was splitting the groceries in half with her flatmate. How do you guarantee you only eat half of a roast?
Who needs a calculator to divide $120 by 2?

People who keep using verbs as nouns.

"What's the spend on this?" "The ask is..."

They're verbs!

But their meatballs are to die for Fwiffs! You'd probably like their gravadlax. It comes in tiny portions like you like. You should take a peek at their take-home items like caviar, pickled herring. Plus you can buy a Guntfart and a Gocktard on your way out. Maybe a Derpshart?

I can make my own meatballs. I'm not sure why I need to buy things that can live in a box for months. I have some Ikea furniture that I built at my parents' old place. If that's the craftsmanship that goes into their food I can do without it.

People walking around on a plane in their socks. Honestly the carpet must be filthy.

My cousin married someone who only drinks beer. Not any type of beer - the commercial kind like the Canadian equivalent of Miller Light. It's annoying because I'm stocking a digestif, a whisky, bubbly, red and white and then I have to run out and buy cans of beer. Why can't he learn to drink wine with his dinner?

My cousin married someone who only drinks beer. Not any type of beer - the commercial kind like the Canadian equivalent of Miller Light. It's annoying because I'm stocking a digestif, a whisky, bubbly, red and white and then I have to run out and buy cans of beer. Why can't he learn to drink wine with his dinner?

Always keep some proletariat lager beer in for the masses. I have some BudLight in myself. In the UK it's still the norm for most of the lads to be drinking beer at Christmas. It certainly wouldn't annoy me if my guests were drinking lager instead of my 18 year old whisky.

It’s a bit cold for chilled beer but that does not deter most. With beer you know what you are getting and get what you know.

Rather annoyed so many people were in Wetherspoons on Christmas Eve. The once-a-year-drinking crowd.

Hopefully it comes with one of these... I imagine he'd struggle to see the road ahead otherwise.
1545830352276.png

Always keep some proletariat lager beer in for the masses. I have some BudLight in myself. In the UK it's still the norm for most of the lads to be drinking beer at Christmas. It certainly wouldn't annoy me if my guests were drinking lager instead of my 18 year old whisky.

I saw one once mix Coca Cola with Cognac. Xo. And this chap is not a lad anymore. He’s older than me.

It’s a bit cold for chilled beer but that does not deter most. With beer you know what you are getting and get what you know.

Rather annoyed so many people were in Wetherspoons on Christmas Eve. The once-a-year-drinking crowd.

I was at a bar on Christmas Eve with 4 Indian men who ordered a pitcher and kept calling the bartender dear. Dear could we get another round?

I saw one once mix Coca Cola with Cognac. Xo. And this chap is not a lad anymore. He’s older than me.
?
Hey I once went to an official banquet in Beijing. The things I saw being done to drinks nearly gave me a heart attack. And worse the fancy dressed waiters kept pouring red wine into like whisky glasses and at whisky two fingers levels. And they wouldn’t leave the bottles on the table. But they were happy to pour brandy as if it was wine. And add coke.

Cooks must wear a hat or hairnet to prevent hair from falling into food they prepare. What about the ridiculously long shaggy beards that men sport these days?

Cooks must wear a hat or hairnet to prevent hair from falling into food they prepare. What about the ridiculously long shaggy beards that men sport these days?
The Costco food guys have to double up on hairnets. Thankfully I've yet to find a hair in my hotdog.

I booked a service elevator on Saturday and as I go to prepare what I want to move in someone from inside the building closes the rear facing door and starts using it to go up to the 39th floor. I ask the concierge and she comes back down and says sorry she didn't notice it was in service - in spite of a label underneath the floor number saying "in service" and the fact you have to hold the button down to close the door.

After one round of furniture I am moving my sofa on a dolly and these appliance delivery chaps pull up. They probably said, "Alright! The service elevator is already set up" and literally close the door on me as I am moving my sofa into the corridor from outside.

Two hour booking and I waited a good half hour or forty minutes to stop using something I paid 75 dollars plus a 300 dollar deposit for.

People who crowd an airport gate when the inbound flight arrives early. At least let the passengers get off the bloody plane. They won't take off any earlier if people are still exiting.

People on a 10+ hour flight - that just about any flight to and from Oz - who sit down the whole 10 hours but before the plane has finished taxiing on landing are standing up crowding the aisle, hitting people on the head with oversized cabin luggage, as if 10 seconds will be the death of them.

Am I the only one who feels guilty flying business whilst the staff fly in the back?

In that position, I would book an economy sit next to my colleagues. Leaving them in cattle class would be bad for morale, you joining them would give some kudos.

They aren’t in my department and I last saw an e-mail they were on KLM on Sunday.

My own direct is flying out tomorrow because he has a kid who has a birthday so I thought why not upgrade since I am alone.

Austrian Airlines has business class from 20 years ago. When the stewardess grabbed my briefcase saying it is “not allowed” on take off it felt like I was being disciplined in a school.

Austrian Airlines has business class from 20 years ago. When the stewardess grabbed my briefcase saying it is “not allowed” on take off it felt like I was being disciplined in a school.

dang, what is wrong with you? instead of you being grateful they take care of your safety, you make complaints like a school kid, can't stop laughing, not only because I'm austrian ...

dang, what is wrong with you? instead of you being grateful they take care of your safety, you make complaints like a school kid, can't stop laughing, not only because I'm austrian ...

My briefcase was the size of the rolled up blanket that came with the amenities. There were other issues like water and wine glass noticeably empty and no refills after at least two passes. I got up before breakfast service started and went to the washroom and was missed in the hot towel service. I walked by her and she had to move out of the aisle to get back to my seat. I don’t doubt they are energetic folks who want to get the job done but my usual airline, Air Canada, isn’t at all close to the best but would have caught these things.

I see, while I don't have so many miles on the clock. I noticed - independently of airline - sometimes the crew doesn't get into a flow, so to say. also and this is heard all over the place. they became greedy of refills, anyway. now, I wonder, which destination was covered by AA outbound U.S., which made it reasonable to chose them?

My briefcase was the size of the rolled up blanket that came with the amenities. There were other issues like water and wine glass noticeably empty and no refills after at least two passes. I got up before breakfast service started and went to the washroom and was missed in the hot towel service. I walked by her and she had to move out of the aisle to get back to my seat. I don’t doubt they are energetic folks who want to get the job done but my usual airline, Air Canada, isn’t at all close to the best but would have caught these things.

I see, while I don't have so many miles on the clock. I noticed - independently of airline - sometimes the crew doesn't get into a flow, so to say. also and this is heard all over the place. they became greedy of refills, anyway. now, I wonder, which destination was covered by AA outbound U.S., which made it reasonable to chose them?

YYZ-VIE nonstop. For Star Alliance that was the only game in town for me. AC let LH handle it and LH let their other brand do it.

I find LH is stingy too. For example if you don't finish your first or last drink, AC will pour it in a plastic cup and let you drink it. LH was standing over you watching you chug sparkling. Chug was the word the steward used.

Ironically this morning when I left the plane they put out all manners of bottled water on the counter in the galley and encouraged departing passengers to take it. Water wasn't rationed. It was just hoarded for no reason.

Anyway, I'm on LH back. VIE-FRA-YYZ. So much fun. FRA-YYZ is a 747.

well, then enjoy your stay/visit to vienna. there is no word chug, it might have been zack, depending on his accent it can sound like chug, though.

He was speaking English. I'm at work for 5 days so enjoying was my first day. Let's see.

IMG_20190224_0507439.jpg

When I read refugees and fortress Europe I thought it was Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith and his usual rant about migrants. Now upon trying to decipher German English written in an obtuse manner I reckon it's poor crypto communists against the establishment. Anyone else want to guess the message? Translated diction can lose its meaning sometimes.

View attachment 31667

When I read refugees and fortress Europe I thought it was Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith and his usual rant about migrants. Now upon trying to decipher German English written in an obtuse manner I reckon it's poor crypto communists against the establishment. Anyone else want to guess the message? Translated diction can lose its meaning sometimes.

It means what it says, it says what it means: wealth redistribution the new Europeans as they're a more noble kind of working class savage.

if this is all you got from vienna, than it is a very said affair. nvm.

fortress is referring to the fact, that some people talked about closing the boarders like e.g. Hungary, after the experiment to let the refugees in failed big time. ymmv.

View attachment 31667

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom