C
colco
Guest
In the flesh, though poor camera work as I was in the shop.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Is the lining padded?
just the pants, didn't wear the jacket today. Suede brougues, BB balzer and Lands End ChambrayView attachment 8312 It's from J Press
Take note people - you can't mix the top from one outfit, and the bottom from another, and expect them to match.just the pants, didn't wear the jacket today. Suede brougues, BB balzer and Lands End ChambrayView attachment 8312 It's from J Press
At the risk of sounding like some old fuddy-duddy on Ask Andy About Clothes, there's something a bit discordant (to me, at least) about seersucker with chambray.
With seersucker trousers and a BB blazer with flapped, patch pockets, you should be wearing a oxford-cloth shirt with a button-down collar and a bow tie!
Take note people - you can't mix the top from one outfit, and the bottom from another, and expect them to match.
I'm kind of meh on it, but I'll give you that one.Blazer and seersucker trousers work well together.
just the pants, didn't wear the jacket today. Suede brougues, BB balzer and Lands End ChambrayView attachment 8312 It's from J Press
was informed (via PM) that Dainite is useless in the winter. I am assuming it can handle slushy nyc sidewalks and such. Anyone disagree?
And, how do you create a new thread here?
incestuous coarse cotton textures!That is pretty fuddy-duddy. Chambray is oxford cloth's country cousin.
I'm probably the only one that finds seersucker with boots odd, so whatever.
incestuous coarse cotton textures!
was informed (via PM) that Dainite is useless in the winter. I am assuming it can handle slushy nyc sidewalks and such. Anyone disagree?
And, how do you create a new thread here?
![]()
Barbour Hurricane. Always wanted an olive fall jacket. Considered M65 until I saw this for a great price.
One thing at a time:I can't figure out how to create a new thread, avatar is an impossibility
Did Walker reach out to you?
Thanks for dumbing shit down.
How'd you guess that?
Olololo. Because a positive comment about Dainite is like a bat signal.
why no love for the dainite? It's works a trick as far as being durable, and I've found it to be good in poor weather prior (that was a vibram version of the same sole pattern however).
FWIW, I can't be bothered with full on leather soles as daily wear in a northeast climate. If it isn't bone dry out, I am wearing rubber soled shoes. Same reason I like scotchgrain Brush it out, hug it out, shit'll be ready to wear on the daily.
I have lived in a snowy climate for 49 of my 52 years. Any rubber sole be it a Topy of similar brand, Dainite, crepe, etc. is better than leather in snow. That is just my opinion and YMMV. DW Frommer walks like a deer and has never slipped on his leather soles ever in his life. He does not like the Dainite. Walker has the same opinion
Please wear them this winter and provide a review how they work for you. Are they slip proof? Nope. But neither is a vibram lug. The rubber hardens in the cold reducing functionality. Thing snow tires - softer compound plus engineered treads and siping. So wear Sorels with you suits in winter. Or gracefully leap like a deer over snow.
I am a plodding Neanderthal. I need me my rubber soles to keep me from falling on my ass. Especially on polished marble and tile when you just come in from the cold.
I don't know much. Only lived and worked in tbe Arctic for 20 years or so.
Complimenti DEER!
Victory sole is pretty shitty in rainy conditions.
I agree - I have about 3 pairs with dainite - all really accidentally - because that's all they were available in at the time of purchase. I find it like walking on Cast Iron Soles. And I've fallen arse over tit on wet wooden decks a few times. I'd never buy Dainite soles again.I like the ruggedness of Dainite, however it is quite unforgiving. I have it on a pair of AE loafers and on my Chelsea boots and it can wear on your feet. Not bad for walking, but for standing it is not ideal.
I agree - I have about 3 pairs with dainite - all really accidentally - because that's all they were available in at the time of purchase. I find it like walking on Cast Iron Soles. And I've fallen arse over tit on wet wooden decks a few times. I'd never buy Dainite soles again.