WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

fuck no. are you insane? seriously???


You did send me a pm saying Dainite was good for rain, poor for winter (I'm assuming ice?) Mind you, I've never owned a shoe I'd say was particularly that gave me much security on ice.
 
you, I've never owned a shoe I'd say was particularly that gave me much security on ice.

My best shoes for ice have come from brooks brothers and Allen Edmonds with factory toppied soles.

They have survived both NYC and Boston blizzards.
 
IYou did send me a pm saying Dainite was good for rain, poor for winter (I'm assuming ice?) .

not at all. the pm was tongue in cheek, more or less. revealing pms' is bad form, imo. disgusting

Mind you, I've never owned a shoe I'd say was particularly that gave me much security on ice.

there is no such thing except metal spikes. chapter closed.
 
Last edited:
lol wut, you're insane ...

I'm confused. So for the sake of members we will have to look at the combinations and permutations of to be able to make sense of this:

It is a 2x2 permutation:

Love/hate x DFW/Walker:

DWF hates Dainite & Walker hates Dainite

DWF likes Dainite & Walker hates Dainite

DFW hates Dainite & Walker likes Dainite

DFW Loves Dainite & Walker loves Dainite

Of course if we add dress shoes with broom ball soles or metal spikes it will add a layers of complexity and generate more combinations to choose from
 
Navy, wide peak lapel, one button, jetted pockets MTM suit. Should be done in 4 weeks from now.
 

SuSu. They had a deal on a particular VBC fabric. It's mainly going to be worn on nights out, so I didn't want to spend too much on it.

I had a hard time deciding whether to go for unvented or double vented. Went with double vented, but they'll close them up for me if I want to. What do you think?
 
I'm confused. So for the sake of members we will have to look at the combinations and permutations of to be able to make sense of this:

It is a 2x2 permutation:

Love/hate x DFW/Walker:

DWF hates Dainite & Walker hates Dainite

DWF likes Dainite & Walker hates Dainite

DFW hates Dainite & Walker likes Dainite

DFW Loves Dainite & Walker loves Dainite

Of course if we add dress shoes with broom ball soles or metal spikes it will add a layers of complexity and generate more combinations to choose from

Wrong W walker loves this
image.webp
 
SuSu. They had a deal on a particular VBC fabric. It's mainly going to be worn on nights out, so I didn't want to spend too much on it.

I had a hard time deciding whether to go for unvented or double vented. Went with double vented, but they'll close them up for me if I want to. What do you think?

i'm a double vents man. except for a tux. YMMV
 
not at all. the pm was tongue in cheek, more or less. revealing pms' is bad form, imo. disgusting

This is more or less how I feel about receiving unsolicited messages, particularly those that have a chastising tone.
 
I'd want some sheen, though I guess the weave has as much to do with that as the fabric. Does mohair have a reputation for being delicate?
 
Mohair is fabric (hair from special goats) whereas sharkskin/pick and pick are weaves.

Comment wasn't directed at you. Was in general as many have this image of shiny mod sharkskin suits that had cheap mohair blends
 
I'd want some sheen, though I guess the weave has as much to do with that as the fabric. Does mohair have a reputation for being delicate?

No. Well, not in my experience, anyway. I've got a couple of mohair-blend suits and they've been very hard-wearing. They give the fabric a little bit of stiffness which really helps the trousers to hold their shape, too, even though the fabric has a reasonably open weave.
 
I believe your average wool cloth lasts quite a bit longer than your average mohair cloth. Where wool bends and stretches, mohair breaks.
 
Bought my first real DB blazer in dark brown cotton twill for 80% off retail and what I think are matching pants by same brand. Probably won't arrive from Italy for another ten days.
 
I hope it's the same shade of brown but the pants are 97 cotton 3 elastane, jacket's 100 cotton. Pants were only $32 !!

YOOX-LETTE OH YES
 
I believe your average wool cloth lasts quite a bit longer than your average mohair cloth. Where wool bends and stretches, mohair breaks.

total bullshit, igent ph33r. wool has a bit more give. but this is like saying linen wrinkles more, no shit. your mohair suit will not break. most mohair blends are more than 50% wool anyway.
 
total bullshit, igent ph33r. wool has a bit more give. but this is like saying linen wrinkles more, no shit. your mohair suit will not break. most mohair blends are more than 50% wool anyway.

agree. other than that a tailor needs to account for a bit more ease, i have no issues with my halstead 100% cambedoo summer kid mohair blazer
 
I hope it's the same shade of brown but the pants are 97 cotton 3 elastane, jacket's 100 cotton. Pants were only $32 !!

YOOX-LETTE OH YES

really excited about your new railroad workers outfit. ill cross my fingers for you jacket and pants are almost the same shade. wasnt there a waist coat to optimize the look even further?

:ahahahaha::ahahahaha:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom