WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

Yoox: Reminds me of Stooges/Scuba a bit. I had Yoox credit, so it came out to be 150 bucks. lol

41736080sk_11_f.jpg

Archive

Archive_Shoot_7-22-2017_134_1024x1024.JPG

I tried on some at Century 21 last year, the veggie tanned leather is buttery soft. I own some Brato shoes, the quality is definitely great for the price point.

Pauly Chase Pauly Chase - have you ever heard of Sruli Recht?

He makes some really bizarre stuff - some of it is art/design, rather than wearable clothing - but it's also interesting:

http://srulirecht.com/

His clothing is quite "street" - drape, interesting materials, bias-cut and so on.

Some examples from a few years ago:

http://srulirecht.com/when-gravity-fails

Absolutely. Most of his pieces are experimental, though his knitwear is popular among the niche market. Supposedly the material is very interesting.

He had a piece of his abdominals skin, down to the hypodermis removed and fixed to a ring, I think it was either 35k or 350k. Not sure if anyone would buy except art museums. Like Terrance Koh’s gold encrusted excrement.

Last edited:
How did you locate this Icelander?

I never pegged you for a street wear person, Journeyman Journeyman

He's a friend of an acquaintance. Sruli Recht actually studied in Australia, in Melbourne, at RMIT, before he moved to the UK and then to Iceland. An acquaintance of mine, who works at the art gallery here, met him while he was at university.

She was particularly taken with the idea of his unwearable basking shark gloves.

https://store.srulirecht.com/products/a-lasting-impression-is-sr341

He's a friend of an acquaintance. Sruli Recht actually studied in Australia, in Melbourne, at RMIT, before he moved to the UK and then to Iceland. An acquaintance of mine, who works at the art gallery here, met him while he was at university.

She was particularly taken with the idea of his unwearable basking shark gloves.

https://store.srulirecht.com/products/a-lasting-impression-is-sr341

I think he is more abstract than say Aitor Throup and Gareth Pugh, but I can definitely appreciate Reicht's material selection.

Have been doing raincoat research in recent weeks and looking for a trench coat to fill my needs and decided on a coat with ALL the features and classic style l could find, so l went for a Burberry double breasted number. Didn't want to pay the $3,500 ASD for a new raincoat so l got a vintage one that has been dry cleaned. It's got a removable liner and lots of other features that only one can appreciate when he has done fully blown trench coat research. I am also going to buy a stylish rain hat.

This is a welcome addiction to my wardrobe, my lifestyle warrants this so l needed to buy a raincoat with abundant classic style.
Burberry trench coat 1.jpg
Burberry trench coat 2.jpg

Heck, what did you get?

See....you are what people refer to as 10 foot tall. Why? Because you wear BIG Johnny Lobb and Ballantyne. Legends wear vintage Ballantyne and only the biggest and tallest boys wear BIG Johnny Lobb.
Following The Shooman The Shooman Recipe™️©️®️ to greatness! On the shoulders of giants, in the footsteps of the one and only!

I don’t know if I’m 10 feet tall or what, but I wear 9.5UK. . . So I should receive the Lopez loafers that fxh fxh had for sale here quite soon!

I dunno, less you're styling for the apocalypse which might be apropos, you'd look better in Forme's pseudo tailoring.

1). A beautiful stylish vintage `London Fog' rain hat to go with my Burberry raincoat to complete `the look'. See...so many rain hats make men look like silly boys, and finding a stylish rain hat to match the style of a classic Burberry trench is extremely difficult, but l pulled it off and found the right hat that speaks volumes about being the man with style.

It kind of looks like this:
London Fog hat.jpg

2). I only wear overcoats a few times per year so l don't need the best, but l did buy this on impulse purchase to see what it is like. One of the few coats I have ever bought online. It could potentially make a good second overcoat or be good for a gift.

Aquascutum wool made-in-England with the royal warrant.

Aquascutum - wool.jpg

I could have had an excellent 100% cashmere one also. Kind of sad l passed.

Attachments

• Aquascutum royal warrant.jpg
    Aquascutum royal warrant.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 227
1). A beautiful stylish vintage `London Fog' rain hat to go with my Burberry raincoat to complete `the look'. See...so many rain hats make men look like silly boys, and finding a stylish rain hat to match the style of a classic Burberry trench is extremely difficult, but l pulled it off and found the right hat that speaks volumes about being the man with style.

It kind of looks like this:
View attachment 28645

Better having that hat above than these silly rain hats below. Imagine how daft you would look if you wore these hats below with a Burberry trench.

Daftness in rain hats!
rain hat 1.jpg rain hat 2.jpg
rain hat 3.jpg rain hat 4.jpg
rain hat 5.jpg

Even this is questionable...too daggy.
rain hat 6.jpg

These fashion companies may try to convince gullible people that wearing chinese made style disasters is perfectly o.k, but no-one wants to look like a dill by wearing the above head wear EVER!!! It's o.k for kids, but certainly not grown men to be wearing this stuff.

Last edited:

Better having that hat above than these silly rain hats below.

I'm not so sure, Shooey. To be frank, that London Fog hat looks a bit like a foreskin.

Shooey,

You could get an Australian Akubra hat. With or without corks.

Avoid the type that Terry Pratchett used to wear though.

I'm not so sure, Shooey. To be frank, that London Fog hat looks a bit like a foreskin.
Ouch, that hurt!

Actually it looks like the football umpire hats in the 1970's.
https://www.google.com.au/search?bi...4k1j0i24k1.0.PRq0I2X_NsI#imgrc=qrQWhlTJh51uZM:

Well, l will know how it looks when l get it.

Shooey,

You could get an Australian Akubra hat. With or without corks.

It's not going to work with that coat imo, the akubra is far too aussie.

I just bought two cord pants at an outlet which were marked 24€ each (original price was 70€)

To my surprise, at checkout they were 22€ both

passable quality, I already had one of the same model

2 pairs of BB regent wool flat front pants. I got the USA made versions as opposed to the imported ones. Fabric feels denser. Charcoal and brown. Good 4 season pants

IMG_20180404_075741.jpg

Pauly, really?

I'm stunned that you've bought something other than workout gear and expensive streetwear!

It’s true he sometimes wears sensible grown up adult clothes. I’ve tried to compliment him when he does, but just when I think he might have had an epiphany a few days later he’ll post up with some ridiculously overpriced black sweat pants and fugly high tops or something. But hey, it says ‘Rick Owens’ on the tag so it must be cool, right?

(Have you ever seen a pic of Rick Owens when he could be described as anything remotely approaching ‘cool’?)

LOL. I have a lot of "normal clothes" I just don't post pics of me wearing them since everyone else already does.

BB extra 25% ends today, so I might get some linens for summer.

Also Rick Owens is always cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom