WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

I love split toes, but the square shape of yours is not that nice IMO
good shoes anyways

It is a bit more square-ish, but not that dramatic in person. I find it rather sleek, but then again i got funky taste.

BB overhaul again. Fall three button wool sportscoat, socks, and some scarfs.

Got a 40% code in the mail the other day, I am thinking about using it and buy a double breast navy blazer.

Need pics.

Horse boots as in made of horse, or made for horse-riding?

IMG_20180521_121241.jpg

Took a flyer on an insulated waxed jacket from Bridge & Burn, a shop in Portland OR that does some nice casual stuff.

First impressions.

British Millerain waxed cotton. Hood. Hip length. Heavier than Barbour waxed. Probably around 10 ounces/yard. Somewhere between Barbour cloth and Filson TinCloth.

More substantial jacket compared to my Barbour Sapper, which is insulated, even taking the hood and slight longer length into consideration.

Deep hood.

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

Polartec Thermal Pro faux shearling insulation. In the hood as well. Robust zipper and decent fit and finish. External storm flap over zipper with a nice internal zipped chest pocket in-between.

IMG_1635.JPG

Nice depth compared to the Sapper. Easily get a iPhone in there with a pack of smokes where the Barbour could hardly fit the iPhone.

Has nice depth and width plus a nice pocket bag (kinda looks like one of Sarto's or Our Mate Pat's ties).

IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1646.JPG

Nice internal finishing plus a traditional inside pocket

IMG_1638.JPG

Double lower pockets, one with a secure flap with snap. Both deep.

IMG_1636.JPG

IMG_1644.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

Substantial knitted storm cuffs. Light poly insulation and rayon lining in sleeves.

IMG_1642.JPG

Reinforced patches on the elbows

IMG_1641.JPG

Last edited:
Volpe suit, my first neapolitan bespoke and already 1 year old. Length is almost the same as my Iorio suit, sleeves 3 cms shorter (too short). All other measurements very similar including lapel and sleeve width. Trouser is too narrow but comfortable given that the cloth is the lightest weight Minnis Fresco, only usefull for tracksuits imo. What's your opinion on the back? I had only one fitting and the cloth is really lightweight.

Shirt is my first Merolla unshirt (shrinked by 2 cms all over after the first wash and had to change buttons for real ones (thank you Lumpen) because the ones used were too small) and cinture is M.Cilento top top elite.

Shoes are Carmina black calf adelaides.

2018-05-28 18.41.30.jpg
2018-05-28 18.41.42.jpg

Volpe suit, my first neapolitan bespoke and already 1 year old. Length is almost the same as my Iorio suit, sleeves 3 cms shorter (too short). All other measurements very similar including lapel and sleeve width. Trouser is too narrow but comfortable given that the cloth is the lightest weight Minnis Fresco, only usefull for tracksuits imo. What's your opinion on the back? I had only one fitting and the cloth is really lightweight.

Shirt is my first Merolla unshirt (shrinked by 2 cms all over after the first wash and had to change buttons for real ones (thank you Lumpen) because the ones used were too small) and cinture is M.Cilento top top elite.

View attachment 29947View attachment 29948

The post is not in the right thread dear Rookie. Is the jacket buttoned up on the photo of the back? If yes it's a bad back. If not it's even worse. Shoulders, collar and the sleeves plumb seem ok as the global proportions. Wearable. Isn't your Iorio also a Fresco?

Last edited:
The post is not in the right thread dear Rookie. Is the jacket buttoned up on the photo of the back? If yes it's a bad back. If not it's even worse. Shoulders, collar and the sleeves plumb seem ok as the global proportions. Wearable. Isn't your Iorio also a Fresco?

My fault.

Why is bad the back? It's buttoned up in the second picture, yes.

From Iorio I have a DB in Fresco Mock Leno and a SB Fresco Mohair, yes.

My fault.

Why is bad the back? It's buttoned up in the second picture, yes.

From Iorio I have a DB in Fresco Mock Leno and a SB Fresco Mohair, yes.

It seems to wrinkle a lot at the waist. Or it's the light effect? Indeed you could enlarge the pant to obtain a better plumb. What's about Fresco? U are in love with the fabric?

It seems to wrinkle a lot at the waist. Or it's the light effect? Indeed you could enlarge the pant to obtain a better plumb. What's about Fresco? U are in love with the fabric?

I'd say it happens due to the nature of the fabric.

Fresco is the perfect fabric for 9 months a year in my city. More wrinkle resistant than regular worsted.

For winter months flannel is my friend.

Fresco is the perfect fabric for 9 months a year in my city. More wrinkle resistant than regular worsted.

I thought it was really a Spring/summer fabric, not made for colder autumnal months. I ordered recently a Crispaire pant.

Any bespoke project at short term?

Last edited:

Olololo the blind leading the blind.
The minor leagues.
Toofuni vs Volpe.

Olololo the blind leading the blind.
The minor leagues.
Toofuni vs Volpe.

Toofuni as much as you may want it, falls into the high-range, but mid quality. A canny buy. And I know Hong Kong diplomats who sport Toofuni before other ranges. It says you cannot be bought.

I thought it was really a Spring/summer fabric, not made for colder autumnal months. I ordered recently a Crispaire pant.

Any bespoke project at short term?

I'm picking up a green linen suit, a linen jacket and linen pants this Saturday. Will post pictures.

I'm picking up a green linen suit, a linen jacket and linen pants this Saturday. Will post pictures.

I'm sure CesareRomiti CesareRomiti will approve the green linen suit.

In response to the histrionic commentator above I must add that the Toofuni father and son are very gentlemen and that the fittings of the overcoat were greatly executed. I'm waiting for the final result but I will surely recommend them.

I'm sure CesareRomiti CesareRomiti will approve the green linen suit.

In response to the histrionic commentator above I must add that the Toofuni father and son are very gentlemen and that the fittings of the overcoat were greatly executed. I'm waiting for the final result but I will surely recommend them.

The colour green yes

Low-riders without pleats, missing cuffs, 18cm leg openings
Jackets with missing volume
Et cerera
Not so much

View attachment 29947View attachment 29948

Difficult to see the texture of the tissue at that long shot, some close ups would help. Also the jacket buttoned would be interesting to confirm the fit.

I've come across Carmina over the years, but never pulled the trigger, the Adelaides do look good....on the website. Would like a close-up of yours. Thanks.

The colour green yes

Low-riders without pleats, missing cuffs, 18cm leg openings
Jackets with missing volume
Et cerera
Not so much

The colour green is always a winner when it comes to jackets and trousers.

Difficult to see the texture of the tissue at that long shot, some close ups would help. Also the jacket buttoned would be interesting to confirm the fit.

I've come across Carmina over the years, but never pulled the trigger, the Adelaides do look good....on the website. Would like a close-up of yours. Thanks.

The cloth is quite flimsy. I'll try to get better pictures but I don't think it would help. Fresco medium weight is very good. Breathable and drapes very good. Fresco lightest weight better to avoid because of the flimsiness. Fresco heaviest weight is very durable and drapes like steel but also very scratchy. Only for machos.

Carmina's quality is something in between C&J mainline and C&J handgrade. I safe bet. I have 9 pairs and none have showed any flaws after years of wear. I can't say the same about Yanko, unfortunately. I'll take pictures.

And the tissue is irish linen with more than a decade over its shoulders. Tailor's courtesy.

Everything with Iorio I suppose?

The cloth is quite flimsy. I'll try to get better pictures but I don't think it would help. Fresco medium weight is very good. Breathable and drapes very good. Fresco lightest weight better to avoid because of the flimsiness. Fresco heaviest weight is very durable and drapes like steel but also very scratchy. Only for machos.

Carmina's quality is something in between C&J mainline and C&J handgrade. I safe bet. I have 9 pairs and none have showed any flaws after years of wear. I can't say the same about Yanko, unfortunately. I'll take pictures.

And the tissue is irish linen with more than a decade over its shoulders. Tailor's courtesy.

I'm not a fan of linen other than shirts and I think some of that comes from my formative years being spent in the NW of England where linen is really an affectation with zero practical use. I've had several linen jackets over the years, but I find they're too limited and there's better and smarter alternatives for the summer months as regards summer cloth.

Beautiful dark brown/green cords medium wale cords by Brax (made-in-Germany). Bought them from Henry Bucks in the city.

Now l can wear great cords like Crusty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom