WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

Hiking sandals, long shorts and tall socks?
very subtle hiking sandals.

1621028912870.png

I was looking for Ultimate frisbees and ended up buying a pair of Lems Mesa light hiker shoe today because I tried them on just for the hell of it. An Immediately and insanely comfortable shoe. Super light. Like track shoe light. Crazy breathable too and my feet sweat up a storm. Been wearing them for 4 hours and no clamminess and its 25C. Uses a fly knit sock with over lay lacing. Wide toe box. Anatomical/natural foot shape design. Kind of like a Munson last for athletic shoes. Flatter platform. Minimal drop heel to toe. Made in Colorado. Plus they had a great selection of discs.

Shame they don't make wide sizes for all y'all that need them because this would be a good shoe. Fugly enough?

1621047160941.png

1621047219339.png

I was looking for Ultimate frisbees and ended up buying a pair of Lems Mesa light hiker shoe today because I tried them on just for the hell of it. An Immediately and insanely comfortable shoe. Super light. Like track shoe light. Crazy breathable too and my feet sweat up a storm. Been wearing them for 4 hours and no clamminess and its 25C. Uses a fly knit sock with over lay lacing. Wide toe box. Anatomical/natural foot shape design. Kind of like a Munson last for athletic shoes. Flatter platform. Minimal drop heel to toe. Made in Colorado. Plus they had a great selection of discs.

Shame they don't make wide sizes for all y'all that need them because this would be a good shoe. Fugly enough?

View attachment 38020
View attachment 38021
I vote we all chip in and buy a pair for shooey.

View attachment 38020
View attachment 38021
I prefer the original. CORTHAY.
7BF41D53-7FF2-49FA-B044-A74EB8E6EA62.jpeg

Olololo. I guess I won’t be asking you for athletic shoe advice either!

you are like my late father. All cars looked the same to him.
At least you’ve got a father figure again, now. Athletic shoo advice would be:
D077AB14-8C4F-493D-B4B1-6F7C155A2A81.jpeg

olololo. I can see you wearing those. Not my style but thanks.

you showed promise at first but I see you are nothing but a trifler. Still, you are an active member, which counts for something. Like Lumpen Lumpen
Maybe they’ll make them as a blobby boot in kudu or kangaroo

Quite ridiculous that some prestigious brands such Corthay, but also John Lobb, are competing in a lower market (but at abstruse prices) producing sneakers and trendy shoes.

Unfortunately, there is an enormous market for overpriced luxury sneakers nowadays. All of the old "haute couture" brands have given up making gorgeous, laboriously-made dresses and instead sell cheap, gaudy streetwear that is typically covered in logos, including sneakers.

If, as a business, you can make a sneaker for $50 and sell it for $500 or $1000, why wouldn't you do it? Well, pride, of course - but then I guess pride doesn't count for much if your company disappears...

Unfortunately, there is an enormous market for overpriced luxury sneakers nowadays. All of the old "haute couture" brands have given up making gorgeous, laboriously-made dresses and instead sell cheap, gaudy streetwear that is typically covered in logos, including sneakers.

If, as a business, you can make a sneaker for $50 and sell it for $500 or $1000, why wouldn't you do it? Well, pride, of course - but then I guess pride doesn't count for much if your company disappears...
Sad, but true.

I went ‘cheap’ and ordered the last pair of black N&F strong guy jeans off Amazon. Wrong stock, so that went back.

I then ordered a pair of Ciano Farmers in 14oz black. Miner cut with a custom inch added to the opening. Another four month wait.

Last edited:
The power of interwebz!!!! Got mine from End. I still have some EG/Kapital pieces that i wear, wanted some shoes to go with them

The rest from ssense. got more bbs from ssense.
if you wear those to our meet up i will beat you up and throw them at the nearest car

Got my income tax refund today. First one in 20 years. So I did what I assume all people who get refunds do:

Called L'Uomo Montreal and ordered a pair of William II monk boots in black calf.

It is the normal William II in black calf and double leather sole which will be topy'd.
The heel is huge. I had a cobbler attach topy and metal toe tabs on every pair a decade ago and have gotten so fed up with rubber, I‘ve pulled it off.

Do you only wear Earth shoes?

View attachment 38159
Loafers. Only loafers. I‘m a EURO (no, we don’t have countries there anymore), don’t forget. I find the Vass already to have questionable heel height. Oh, this still seems to have the normal heels. I don’t want to understand Lobb, though.

Loafers. Only loafers. I‘m a EURO (no, we don’t have countries there anymore), don’t forget. I find the Vass already to have questionable heel height.
Sorry, we only know the one big bland blob of the EU. Is it true every single truck driver is a Pole?

Vass = high heels?

olololololololololololololololololololololololololololobreathololololololololo

Truck drivers
is not true
some are Bulgarian, too.

Thank you, my dear

Are you under 6ft or why you like the Vass heels?

Not so much a purchase as more of a trade. I did a small plumbing job in my mates shop, just removing a radiator and capping off the pipework and ended up getting to choose a cloth for a sportscoat that they'll make for me. I said I didn't want paying as it only took me 30 minutes but he insisted and got the cloth books out. And we all know how that goes once you start flicking through them. :rolleyes:

Went for this one by H&S from their Oceania book, 230gm (7.5 oz in old money). 50% wool, 45% cotton, 5% silk.

Super kind of him and I was kinda humbled TBH.

For 5 minutes.

8141a474-6521-44c5-aaea-40c9aecd41c3.jpg
188809642_473923607022125_7985199895584042953_n.jpg

Not so much a purchase as more of a trade. I did a small plumbing job in my mates shop, just removing a radiator and capping off the pipework and ended up getting to choose a cloth for a sportscoat that they'll make for me. I said I didn't want paying as it only took me 30 minutes but he insisted and got the cloth books out. And we all know how that goes once you start flicking through them. :rolleyes:

Went for this one by H&S from their Oceania book, 230gm (7.5 oz in old money). 50% wool, 45% cotton, 5% silk.

For 5 minutes.

View attachment 38178View attachment 38179
cool deal

For 5 minutes.

View attachment 38178View attachment 38179
Ooooh that’s interesting. Looking forward to pics of the final product.

Will do Rambo.

I'm not sure where to put this but seeing as I'm here and its buying shit related...

I purchased a wool tee shirt from Liverano on their site a couple of days ago and its now ready to ship. The courier is asking for my "ID VAT number" via Liverano. I've purchased a few things from them before and never been asked for such a thing. I have no idea what a "ID VAT number" is. Can anyone enlighten me? I've not put a company name in my address form and I'm only an employee anyway.

Will do Rambo.

I'm not sure where to put this but seeing as I'm here and its buying shit related...

I purchased a wool tee shirt from Liverano on their site a couple of days ago and its now ready to ship. The courier is asking for my "ID VAT number" via Liverano. I've purchased a few things from them before and never been asked for such a thing. I have no idea what a "ID VAT number" is. Can anyone enlighten me? I've not put a company name in my address form and I'm only an employee anyway.
Just tell em yer not VAT registered and, to quit fucking about and send the fucking parcel!

Sorted.

I think!

Will do Rambo.

There's possibly a mistake. Contact and tell them you're a private person and you have no VAT number, also mentioning you have already bought from them without problems.

Tricky one, I like Formby's straight forward, 6 pints in, no fucking about approach but, on the other hand, their mails always start with Dear Sir, so Florisgreens advice would make more sense to maintain the delusional impression they clearly have of me.

Think I'll sleep on it and get back to the c*nts in the morning.

Still pretty cold in Berlin these days, so I felt inspired to buy another geelong lambswool jumper from William Lockie in a colour called Caspian, a nice subdued tone with some grey, green and blue.

20210527_110705.jpg

I bought an Alan Paine Super Geelong long sleeve Polo. It doesn't feel nice, so it's going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom