WDYBT: What Did You Buy Today

Tricky one, I like Formby's straight forward, 6 pints in, no fucking about approach but, on the other hand, their mails always start with Dear Sir, so Florisgreens advice would make more sense to maintain the delusional impression they clearly have of me.

Think I'll sleep on it and get back to the c*nts in the morning.
I had Boggi ask me for VAT number and passport ID several years back when they still did good twill flannel trousers. They're going through the motions and just tell them you are private citizen of good solid standing.

As you know, it's a different world down there.

I bought this Chester Barrie Mac today, in their closing down sale reduced from £350.00 to £50.00...

20210605_174250.jpg

I was looking at a Carl Friedrik weekend bag, but found this Smith and Canova bag instead. I may get the Carl Friedrik in the future.

Smith and Canova

downtan1).jpeg

23368266-2.jpeg

Carl Friedrik

leather-weekend-bag-palissy-cognac-grey-1c.jpg

Last edited:
Received erroneously with other scarves (I will post successively) from Joshua Ellis. Very nice material, light Escorial wool, but a rather modern pattern that doesn't appeal to me really.

20210607_134649.jpg

Just arrived today for the next autumn: Hestra gloves in carpincho in Cork and Camel colours. Carpincho is a stunning leather with a velvety look and feel, possibly even nicer than peccary.

20210608_125353.jpg
20210608_125400.jpg
20210608_125606.jpg
20210608_125614.jpg

Just arrived today for the next autumn: Hestra gloves in carpincho in Cork and Camel colours. Carpincho is a stunning leather with a velvety look and feel, possibly even nicer than peccary.

View attachment 38705View attachment 38706View attachment 38707View attachment 38708

Very nice. They are on my list for when the lockdown ends. Hopefully this week. Thanks for the feedback...was thinking of either Peccary or this. Might even choose your leather because they are beautiful gloves.

At long last l ordered my tracksuit pants. They are made in France in a small workshop by expert maker Phillipe Gaber. He has an order limit of one item. Looking forward to how good these are.

Tracksuit pants - phillip Gabor 1.jpg Philippe Gaber tracksuit pants.jpg

Very nice. They are on my list for when the lockdown ends. Hopefully this week. Thanks for the feedback...was thinking of either Peccary or this. Might even choose your leather because they are beautiful gloves.

At long last l ordered my tracksuit pants. They are made in France in a small workshop by expert maker Phillipe Gaber. He has an order limit of one item. Looking forward to how good these are.

View attachment 38711View attachment 38710
Simple and somehow old fashioned. We have similar tastes.

There used to be a place in Box Hill , small factory, we used to get made to measure tracksuits etc

Went crazy ab it over the weekend on Grailed.

MA+ one piece folded leather derbies
Parts of Four Silver plat necklace
Jan Jan van Essche tops

Feeling rustic mixed with romanticism lately

There used to be a place in Box Hill , small factory, we used to get made to measure tracksuits etc

Those were the days. I used to get mtm jeans too, from a factory in Preston, family owned, and jeans in all different colours. After about 1992, all gone.

You can still get jeans sort of mtm in Brunswick. Venus I think it’s called. There’s a queue outside on saturdays. Basically they have a few styles and they alter them as you like. Cheap too.

edit:: its Dejour not Venus

https://www.broadsheet.com.au/melbourne/brunswick/shops/dejour-jeans

fxh fxh

That is the best thing; look for buildings that look like obscure dumps with queues of people and you will often strike gold. It is a rare site these days. Only the people `in the know' go there. Love those kind of places. Same went to for place in Preston, an absolute dump of a building, but pure gold inside. Great quality well cut jeans, and about $50 in the 1980's....locally made in the factory.

Last edited:
I was looking at a Carl Friedrik weekend bag, but found this Smith and Canova bag instead. I may get the Carl Friedrik in the future.

Smith and Canova

View attachment 38673

View attachment 38674

Carl Friedrik

View attachment 38672
My Smith and Canova bag arrived today. I am thoroughly impressed. It wouldn't be large enough for winter gear, but for summer it's easily big enough for a change of clothes and a wash bag. Now I need a high quality wash bag.

Got it as a bd from SO. The three days since i received it, fell twice, scraped a knee, and bruised a wrist already. It is so much fun but definitely there is a learning curve.

It has been years since I been on a skate board or snowboard; going to take me some weeks to get comfortable.

Got it as a bd from SO. The three days since i received it, fell twice, scraped a knee, and bruised a wrist already. It is so much fun but definitely there is a learning curve.

It has been years since I been on a skate board or snowboard; going to take me some weeks to get comfortable.
Get some wrist guards like the rollerbladers wear.

attach a long handle to the side and it will be all good.

The kids gave me some merino wool tshirts for Father’s Day I’d forgotten I had on my Amazon wishlist. We’ll see how they hold up after a few washes, but so far I’m impressed. Good feel, not any warmer than heavy cotton and they have a nice drape.

Bought a Uniqlo lounge suit at the weekend. Sometimes you need something that you can spill red wine, spaghetti sauce and curry on without a care of stains and the like.

Just ordered these, the first one's a 1970's pattern by Danny Zarem:

SCSR0002118134_C5.jpg

SCSR-0002-1180-37-C1.jpg

The kids gave me some merino wool tshirts for Father’s Day I’d forgotten I had on my Amazon wishlist. We’ll see how they hold up after a few washes, but so far I’m impressed. Good feel, not any warmer than heavy cotton and they have a nice drape.
I can recommend this undershirt in extrafine merino "Wonderwool" from Ragno, incredibly light and pleasant on the skin. Machine washable and easy-care.

ragno-uomo-100-lana-merino-extrafine-wonderwool-maglia-intima-manica-corta.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom