What TV Shows Are You Watching?

I'm still watching Quantico. Yasmine al Massri is hot. Priyanka Chopra comes second.
 
Angie Tribeca and Better Call Saul are back on.

I didn't think that much of the first new episode Better Call Saul. Very slow moving, not enough happening for my liking. A whiff of we're reducing budget to maximize profits from a loyal watching base. Hopefully it will improve as the new series progresses. It added almost close to zero from where we left out at the end of the last series. Okay....something sneaky with Saul's ex-girlfriend, but not really something juicy, just a hint and some back tracking.
 
Last edited:
I didn't think that much of the first new episode Better Call Saul. Very slow moving, not enough happening for my liking. A whiff of we're reducing budget to maximize profits from a loyal watching base. Hopefully it will improve as the new series progresses. It added almost close to zero from where we left out at the end of the last series. Okay....something sneaky with Saul's ex-girlfriend, but not really something juicy, just a hint and some back tracking.
i believe we're supposed to be getting some Gus this season
 
anyone caught up on Better Call Saul? is Gus some kind of wizard now where he just KNOWS things? what the fuck was that episode, just one giant test?
 
I've only watched the first episode of the new series and I expected more. Too slow moving. I will watch the second one tonight.

Started watching the first series of Fargo which is excellent, but seems to be very close to the original film.
 
anyone caught up on Better Call Saul? is Gus some kind of wizard now where he just KNOWS things? what the fuck was that episode, just one giant test?

It was left hanging. In Breaking Bad spirit, they usually have a reasonable explanation. This isn't Homeland.
 
n Gents,

I'm not much of a telly person, an occasional documentary that piques my interest, that sort of thing, but mostly film and reading. I am however considering buying the complete box set of The Sopranos. Was it as good as they say it was, and if so, is there any advantage in Blu-ray over DVD?
 
n Gents,

I'm not much of a telly person, an occasional documentary that piques my interest, that sort of thing, but mostly film and reading. I am however considering buying the complete box set of The Sopranos. Was it as good as they say it was, and if so, is there any advantage in Blu-ray over DVD?

It's #1 on must people's lists.

I am not into Sony proprietary formats, which I think blu-ray is.
 
anyone caught up on Better Call Saul? is Gus some kind of wizard now where he just KNOWS things? what the fuck was that episode, just one giant test?

Jimmy wasn't exactly subtle. He changed seats 3 times in the restaurant. Doesn't take a single bite of his food. Starts fumbling in the trash like a madman. Refused to get his watched cleaned. Drives a very obvious yellow car. Instead of just driving off he drives across the street next to a parked car and gets in another car. All suspicious behaviour.

Gus was able to become a successful drug lord due to his obsessive attention to detail. He wouldn't let something like this slip.
 
I watched the second episode and to me, it's not delivering enough. It's like Jim Jarmusch or Wim Wenders territory reimagined for now. Long shot with film noir lighting going nowhere. Sad as the Jimmy McGill character should be the embodiment of 1980s video culture, all saturated colours and life as a 1985 Talking Heads song.
 
I watched the second episode and to me, it's not delivering enough. It's like Jim Jarmusch or Wim Wenders territory reimagined for now. Long shot with film noir lighting going nowhere. Sad as the Jimmy McGill character should be the embodiment of 1980s video culture, all saturated colours and life as a 1985 Talking Heads song.

It's genius. It's supposed to be subtle so only smart people can appreciate it, so I understand you're not watching it anymore.
 
Blu-ray is an industry std, like DVD. It just provides a higher resolution, 1080 HD.

Blu-ray is definitely better if the film has been remastered well, is shot in 35mm or high definition formats.

It's genius. It's supposed to be subtle so only smart people can appreciate it, so I understand you're not watching it anymore.

I'm still watching it, I just expect a bit more bang for my buck. It's hardly genius, it's not on par with Alan Plater's The Beiderbecke Trilogy or Peter Flannery's Our Friends in the North.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom