What TV Shows Are You Watching?

Netflixs-Fauda-poster-2000x1125.jpg

I caught S1 of this earlier in the week.

What can I say other than this has been done countless times on every platform/channel/etc.

Members of the Israel Defense Force(substitute CIA/MI5/etc.) track a Palestinian "Bin Laden" type terrorist who is causing havoc in the area. He has his loyal followers and always seems to be a step ahead of the IDF.

When the terrorist's brother is killed at his own wedding(terrorist was planning to attend), he gets really angry! Chaos ensues! Killings continue! Explosions explode!

This is not bad at all. Good lead actors. Nothing too over the top. Worth a watch even though it's the same MO as other "agency tracks terrorist" series.

I will start S2 later or this wknd.

3.5/5.

Fauda s3 is out. I think I’ll switch over to that and save Westworld for when I have more attention to give it.

How was S2?

Good. Nearly as good as S1, though I miss a few characters who get killed off.

S3 is off to a cracking start. Simple plot - nothing too over the top, but a fast pace and good character development.

Last edited:
I'm watching Preacher and am almost at the end of Season 1.

I'm enjoying it. It's quite different from I remember the comic (or graphic novel).

I'm watching Somebody feeds Phil. It's in New York which is bringing memories back but it also has Floyd Cardoz who died of coronavirus.

got a recommendation for the bbc show Line of Duty. Up to season 3 so far. Season 1 and 2 were good. nothing amazing but a good watch. police procedural. standard bbc far.

got a recommendation for the bbc show Line of Duty. Up to season 3 so far. Season 1 and 2 were good. nothing amazing but a good watch. police procedural. standard bbc far.

Finale for the third series is the best of the entire show. It is a bit too dense for me to go back and watch previous episodes to confirm but they continuously make references to people and events in the past. In series 6 they make a reference to series 1.

If you like Jed Mercurio you will also like The Bodyguard.

good to know. i still haven't gotten going on s2...but knowing both 2 & 3 are solid, i def will.

If 2 starts to lose you, hang in there for 3. The pace is very good, characters build nicely, the plot isn’t anything ridiculous and the politics isn’t completely one-sides.

Finale for the third series is the best of the entire show. It is a bit too dense for me to go back and watch previous episodes to confirm but they continuously make references to people and events in the past. In series 6 they make a reference to series 1.

If you like Jed Mercurio you will also like The Bodyguard.
im half way through s3 so looking forward to it. its up to season 5 now so that'll keep me through the week. i did enjoy the bodyguard.

Shame itll be a LONG time until we get S6

Is that the last episode in the series? Hope not.

Whilst I've been doing some of the mundane tasks whilst working from home, or in the office alone, I've been re-watching Tales of The Unexpected on Youtube. What a series that was, several episodes are still classics and not just the Roald Dahl ones, or the ones you remember straight away. Brilliant actors, tight scripts and very well produced.

That first couple of series from 79-81, although 40 years ago now, seems quite modern from this vantage point. Scarily so.

Ozark series three.

Excellent. Good plots. Characters developing nicely.
It took a long time to get going, but by episode six I’d agree with you there.

Just finished the first two seasons and will start S3 this week but why is the show so dark?? I mean it is a tidal wave of bleakness as per subject matter but it looks as if every episode was shot through a keyhole at sunset. I had to take a break from squinting and unrelenting melancholy of the show. Gripping series though.

Jacob Snell is sorely missed (and his missus continues to slide the batshit scale). Ruth Langmore is dynamite

Last edited:
Hollywood, lots of promise with good mise en scene and actors, but by the final episode descends into fantasy with openly gay Rock Hudson and black boyfriend storming the Oscars and getting funding for a gay Hollywood film in the late 1940s from the female studio head. There's no coming back from that, they've created the idealized film studio and defeated all the baddies by the end of the first series.

Penny Dreadful: Off to a good start with an LA noir vibe.

Vida: still watchable, but I’m trying to remember why I was into this for season one. It was either funnier, showed more of an interesting slice of culture within the US or Lyn was naked more.

Last edited:
Penny Dreadful: Off to a good start with an LA noire vibe.

Vida: still watchable, but I’m trying to remember why I was into this for season one. It was either funnier, showed more of an interesting slice of culture within the US or Lyn was naked more.
Penny bored me to death. As much as i enjoy nathan lane i had to give up on it. The spanish detective character has the charisma of a coke can.

vida has been boring as well.

Listening to the radio, I notice ‘The History of the World in 100 Objects’ is being repeated.

I used this during lunchtimes at work for a more focussed look around the British museum. They had a handy leaflet that identified which rooms the exhibits were in. Do it in small segments to avoid cultural indigestion. One day the Rosetta Stone, one day the Assyrian exhibits.

Try to do it in the months when there are not so many tourists. Corona virus might help in future.

Penny bored me to death. As much as i enjoy nathan lane i had to give up on it. The spanish detective character has the charisma of a coke can.

vida has been boring as well.

I’m enjoying Penny, but I agree that Vida has been dull.

Plot Against America is ok. Very slow, but well made.

Hightown ep1 was pretty good. Trad cop /crime drama But with a good pace and characters.

Watching the Barcelona show on Netflix. I like how they let the players speak in their native tongue - German, French, etc.

MV5BMDA1MjMyOTItZDdiZS00MjFhLThmYTYtNWI4YTE4MzJiMWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUxMTY3ODM@._V1_UY1200_CR165,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I started this last night. Up to ep 3.

A woman heads to Ibiza to try to find out what happened to her brother who was murdered there 20 years prior. She meets up with some of his friends in Ibiza who left Manchester with him years ago to start a new life and become DJ sensations.

Twist? Her brother's body was found buried on the local grand puba's land....so she has to deal with him, his family, the authorities and the "friends"...who may know more than they are telling her.

The alluring Laura Haddock plays Zoe, the main character. Daniel Mays(I remember him from The Bank Job) plays Marcus, one of the brother's friends.

Nudity, cursing, violence and Ibiza(though it was not filmed there.)

So far.....3/5. Subject to chance after I find out how the series plays out.

MV5BMDA1MjMyOTItZDdiZS00MjFhLThmYTYtNWI4YTE4MzJiMWRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUxMTY3ODM@._V1_UY1200_CR165,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I started this last night. Up to ep 3.

A woman heads to Ibiza to try to find out what happened to her brother who was murdered there 20 years prior. She meets up with some of his friends in Ibiza who left Manchester with him years ago to start a new life and become DJ sensations.

Twist? Her brother's body was found buried on the local grand puba's land....so she has to deal with him, his family, the authorities and the "friends"...who may know more than they are telling her.

The alluring Laura Haddock plays Zoe, the main character. Daniel Mays(I remember him from The Bank Job) plays Marcus, one of the brother's friends.

Nudity, cursing, violence and Ibiza(though it was not filmed there.)

So far.....3/5. Subject to chance after I find out how the series plays out.
Sounds intriguing. Keep is updated.

After FC Barcelona I am now watching Juventus on Netflix...yes I am bored.

Little less diverse as everyone speaks Italian even the players from outside.

Can't believe Gigi Buffon is now on contract till 2021

Two shows I never watched but always meant to get to, Justified and Sons of Anarchy - can’t find them on any channel or streaming service we have. Grrrr.

^^^ Sons of Anarchy is on netflix UK and Justified is on Amazon Prime. If you have a good VPN, you can easily circumnavigate those challenges.

French series Into The Night. The sun suddenly starts emitting deadly gamma radiation, and a group of passengers on a plane flee the sun by flying west through the night. Kinda reminds me of Lost. Three eps in and I’ll give it 7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom