What TV Shows Are You Watching?

power watched season 4 of Goliath. its really losing its steam as a premier show. the ending was enjoyable and jk simmons as a jeff bezos type pharma ceo was great, but overall it just didn't have the depth of the first two seasons. billy bob, as always, is excellent. but he's sidelined for a lot of the season.

starting on the second half of billions season 5 next.

brassic season 3 just started. did you ever watch that formby002 formby002 ?

yes it does if you can pay to get it.

also microdosing lsd is the hot new trend here.

next in my queue. i heard the english dub is horrible and you have to watch with subtitles to get the full effect.

the sackler family, owners of perdue pharma, just got off with a light slap on the wrist and a fine. no being thrown off the top of a high-rise for them!
Re squid game - my gf and I both feel that the English dub is surprisingly good and match the characters well, at least for the main cast. Pretty good show and acting overall with some loose threads. Heard that Alice in the Botherland is similar and better but haven’t watched yet.

Also, not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but The Serpent on Netflix is quite good. True story of an Asian guy who robs for a living (I leave the methods out to avoid spoilers - it’s not a huge deal but if you want to go in fresh then don’t read anything about the show). If initially you feel like the editing is a little weird it’ll be much clearer as you go deeper. I very much enjoyed how the show was crafted and the perspective the audience is given. Main casts are attractive.

power watched season 4 of Goliath. its really losing its steam as a premier show. the ending was enjoyable and jk simmons as a jeff bezos type pharma ceo was great, but overall it just didn't have the depth of the first two seasons. billy bob, as always, is excellent. but he's sidelined for a lot of the season.
Finished it just now. Thought it was pretty good and I liked the placement of the Rothko print, as I find Rothko's as religious experiences mildly amusing as they don't do that much for me and then at the end Jack Kerouac reading from October in the Railroad Earth, which I got immediately:

My missus has a thing for Billy Bob, or she has a thing for bad boys in general, as whenever he's drinking in a bar or being naughty in any film she always say's that reminds me of you. With a feigned look of displeasure.

Finished season 5 of billions. Prince is such a huge downgrade from Axe. Got really full at the end.

Jaguar.

It’s an old plot line: Jews hunting Nazis, but this series hits some good notes, capturing the atmosphere of early 60s Spain. A little campy but stylish and quite enjoyable so far. 7/10.

Update: it sort of reminds me of something made in the mid 60s as much as set in that era. Light and forgettable, but fun. Also, interesting that most of the camp victims turned nazi hunters are not Jews. Makes for an interesting bit of self-reflection on Spanish history.

Last edited:
Jaguar.

It’s an old plot line: Jews hunting Nazis, but this series hits some good notes, capturing the atmosphere of early 60s Spain. A little campy but stylish and quite enjoyable so far. 7/10.
That's on my watch list, but instead last night I watched the newish (originally released in 2012) John Lennon documentary on Netflix.

Quite poor in general, it relies very heavily on an 80s interview with Cynthia Lennon. There's plenty of good interviews with Lennon off his head on his own ego in the 70s and there's a very good interview on Youtube with Lennon's Aunt Mimi. She didn't think very much of Yoko. She was a very interesting character, very much in the mold of the Liverpudlian matriarch - posh and middle class (even if they weren't) - but down to earth with no tolerance of BS.

Nothing new, not worth watching and you'll find better stuff on Youtube.

Another Life S2 drops tomorrow!
Two eps in and it’s going strong, though I was said to see some good characters killed off (or were they?).

Edit: finished the series and it rocked.

Last edited:
^ I don't think the sub-editor who wrote that headline actually knew what the poll mentioned in the article was about - how can a poll rank the "greatest TV shows of all time" when it only includes TV series since 2000?!

^ I don't think the sub-editor who wrote that headline actually knew what the poll mentioned in the article was about - how can a poll rank the "greatest TV shows of all time" when it only includes TV series since 2000?!

All the greatest things happened in this century mate.

Fuuuuuuuuck!!

High Town is back for a second season? I did not see that coming.

MV5BMjc5ODliMGUtY2M4Ny00ZTg5LTg2NTUtMDQ0MzYxZDc2ZTU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjEzNDI5OTA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Just caught the first ep of this last night - Body Count: The Green River Killer.

Season 1 of this documentary series takes us on a journey through some of the most grizzly crimes committed. S1 is 4 eps, but 2 are from the same crime.

It basically outlines the crimes and hunt for the killer(s).

Pretty good stuff.

4/5.

The new Dexter started off ok. Really just something for the OG fans though- I can’t see many new people getting on the boat now.

The new Dexter started off ok. Really just something for the OG fans though- I can’t see many new people getting on the boat now.

I was e-mailing a friend just last night and she mentioned Dexter. I haven't caught 1 ep of that series.

MV5BMjc5ODliMGUtY2M4Ny00ZTg5LTg2NTUtMDQ0MzYxZDc2ZTU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjEzNDI5OTA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Just caught the first ep of this last night - Body Count: The Green River Killer.

Season 1 of this documentary series takes us on a journey through some of the most grizzly crimes committed. S1 is 4 eps, but 2 are from the same crime.

It basically outlines the crimes and hunt for the killer(s).

Pretty good stuff.

4/5.
Agree, started watching it yesterday. On the third episode now about the killers who admitted it was them, but looks like it wasn't.

Which Jeff Goldblum? The comedian or the authoritative/intellectual types he also plays in movies?
Or the Thelonious Monk loving bohemian jazz cat?

I like his innocent abroad and almost, but not quite, self-deprecating delivery. He comes across as down to earth, in my kinda of way.

Up to the BBQ episode now.

MV5BMzNiZjQzYzQtMTllZC00NWQ4LWE4ZTYtNDViYTM4MjFkMjFiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEzMTI1Mjk3._V1_.jpg

Literally just started this 5 min ago.

Can anyone co-sign? Worth the watch?

Last edited:
The new amazon.com Wheel of Time show is A W F U L.

God they pumped Rosamund Pike full of so much botox it seems like she's unable to move her entire body. This is a trainwreck.

The new amazon.com Wheel of Time show is A W F U L.

God they pumped Rosamund Pike full of so much botox it seems like she's unable to move her entire body. This is a trainwreck.
Thanks for the update. I was somewhat curious about this but Pike in the trailers did indeed look very odd to me. Was it her or was it alterations from the marketing dept. I haven't seen here in anything in so long (since, Gone girl)

Thanks for the update. I was somewhat curious about this but Pike in the trailers did indeed look very odd to me. Was it her or was it alterations from the marketing dept. I haven't seen here in anything in so long (since, Gone girl)

I didn't get Gone Girl. Watched it once and have never got the inkling to watch it again.

VERY overrated flick!

lot of cgi as well. the whole thing just looks awful.

The latest Ted Bundy documentary,Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer. Good content and new interviews throughout. The broken lives are all there and you see Ted Bundy's brother living like a hermit in a camper van, utterly wrecked by what his brother had done.

The latest Ted Bundy documentary,Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer. Good content and new interviews throughout. The broken lives are all there and you see Ted Bundy's brother living like a hermit in a camper van, utterly wrecked by what his brother had done.

That has been in my queue. Gotta check it out.

anyone watching the new season of dexter? how is it?
Two eps in and it is ok. Definitely one for the fans not for brining new people in. It’s not as good as the show in it’s early prime but still enjoyable like later seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom