What TV Shows Are You Watching?

AAAABZL3FDHjlWhxpHvjPioeVinNnLdUOo6oaTB_o9Q6tgqe2y10cJj7leyPOoKbnVdXMjMOSfzd1EWHVxPXh1Lkyrb6bC1iIcHOjskCpEX0pfzdahtOSP3LxeF46X3stounwVHYQw.jpg

I stumbled on this 4 part series last night. I just finished watching it.

This documentary is a fascinating look at FIFA, the origins and the corruption that was(is?) rampant in the global sport of football.

There are shady elections, pay to play host of the World Cup and the movers and shakers moving and shaking with the most powerful heads of state.....many looking to line their pockets with cash.

Very timely with the current World Cup taking place.

A must watch, in my opinion!

4.25/5.

There are shady elections, pay to play host of the World Cup and the movers and shakers moving and shaking with the most powerful heads of state.....many looking to line their pockets with cash.

It was more amazing to me that Jack Warner resigned from Concacaf and still continued on as a minister in the Trinidadian government for a few years and even continued to run for MP in 2020.

At least the other guys are hiding in shame.

It was more amazing to me that Jack Warner resigned from Concacaf and still continued on as a minister in the Trinidadian government for a few years and even continued to run for MP in 2020.

At least the other guys are hiding in shame.

He was very powerful!

finished season 1 of the the peripheral. the ending was a real disaster and even though i understood it, the whole thing really made no sense. would have been much better served with 10 episodes instead of 8.

really enjoying the shit out of the new sylvester stallone show Tulsa King. 4 episodes in and he just chews up the scenes he's in.

finished season 1 of the the peripheral. the ending was a real disaster and even though i understood it, the whole thing really made no sense. would have been much better served with 10 episodes instead of 8.

really enjoying the shit out of the new sylvester stallone show Tulsa King. 4 episodes in and he just chews up the scenes he's in.

just realized Tulsa King and a bunch of others are on some Paramount streaming service that covered the entire subway.

I’m enjoying it quite a bit more than I thought I would but it’s a REAL slow burn. The prison episodes are great but then they lose the momentum with all the Mon Mothma stuff again. I think this week is the season finale.

I am on episode 8 where Skarsgard meets Whitaker. Again, why is supporting the empire a bad thing? They all need the system to exist to survive anyway so why not and embrace order over dusty and desolate anarchy or some disillusioned likely French romantic ideas about revolution.

I wish this clip was longer. The scene is so familiar..at least to me.

Anyone watching the Harry and Meaghan thing on Netflix?

Reading the advanced press around it I have a feeling I will lose more brain cells than I would watching The Kardashians.

i just downloaded season 1 after hearing Zach Lowe rave about it on his podcast. what do you like about it?
It is intelligent and well-written. Binge-worthy as in you don't want to stop watching. Accurate 80s vibe. Good acting and a great story line of the start, rise, success and failure of tech startups in a cut throat environment. Original.

It is intelligent and well-written. Binge-worthy as in you don't want to stop watching. Accurate 80s vibe. Good acting and a great story line of the start, rise, success and failure of tech startups in a cut throat environment. Original.

Well put.

The last bit is the best bit for me, chose a time period and subject matter that nobody has tried to portray in a dramatic way, so immediately it's a departure from the usual fare.

I'm making my way through Our Universe. I was surprised to hear Morgan Freeman's voice. I thought he got cancelled a few years back because some woman alleged something or another. It's a bit strange when you mix computer graphics of cosmology and celestial bodies colliding with each other then flip to segments filled with bears, turtles, cheetahs and chimpanzees. Can't say they didn't spend a lot of money on the production.

AAAABQuNr4conA4rD1j9JrDVeZYRR5YqTYpRHLkDbpuZnKlqn1I9qNEAHq7RsdCV6LKmW0zSKeIhiDeVelQTfbQ-UGPZoF2WQBGv52XkCvnEV2VjkvztZd5g1tGHVUFsFA.jpg

Binge watched this 4 part documentary yesterday.

The Cecil Hotel, in downtown Los Angeles, is a place with a grimy past...ie the Bates Motel. It is based in the "skid row" section of the city, but does offer inexpensive rooms for less than fortunate people and tourists who don't know how to read reviews.

Elisa Lam, a young 21 year old woman, wants to do some solo traveling. She checks into the Cecil and starts to explore the city.

One day, she just disappears! Her parents haven't heard from her. Hotel people? Nope. She has vanished!

The LAPD are called in. The try to retrace her steps, but they have not much to go on.

Then the "internet sleuths/conspiracy theorists" get a hold of the story...and off they go!

This was based on the true life case that includes interviews, videos, etc.

I vaguely remember when this happened and I wanted to get to the end to see what happened...as I didn't remember what the outcome was.

Could this have been done in 2 condensed eps? Yep.

3/5.

The "internet sleuths/conspiracy people" are fucking annoying! They think they KNOW what happened sitting in their basement on the internet hundreds/thousands of miles away...without having all the facts. Even when they do, they are hesitant to believe what truly happened!

The Cecil Hotel, in downtown Los Angeles, is a place with a grimy past...ie the Bates Motel. It is based in the "skid row" section of the city, but does offer inexpensive rooms for less than fortunate people and tourists who don't know how to read reviews.

I knew this hotel sounded familiar.

Best Hotels in LA | Where to Stay - E3 Expo https://e3expo.discoverlosangeles.com › hotels
One of the best value hotel chains is Holiday Inn Express, with locations in top LA regions. Downtown L.A. value hotels include the Cecil Hotel, the Hollywood ...

Even though I am avoiding Harry and Meghan on Netflix a mate of mine continues to tell me about every episode in text messages.

can’t find anything else, so I’m going to dive into White Lotus 2. Aubrey Plaza, even if the script isn’t as good as the first season.

Watched Devotion, a Story of Love and Desire on Netflix. Lucretia Guidone.

I think I’ve watched 4 eps now. I don’t hate it, but it’s more cringe or soap than comedy. AP is captivating and I’m sure Fwiffs would appreciate the Italian hookers.

I am deeply concerned about how people perceive me on this forum

I'm on the final episode of I Hate Christmas. The beginning of the show was about the 30 year old woman who doesn't have a date for the Christmas family dinner and her struggles to find a man who is appropriate to come in a month's time. Now with the second last episode it seems like everyone is sleeping with everyone. Still have the one episode to go.

Three Pines is pretty bad but I like Alfred Molina.
its a really slow burn but its a pleasant watch. none of the story lines seem to be connecting so i'm not sure where they're ultimately going with this. Molina is great, as always.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed both “Our Flag means War” and “The White Lotus”. They are really good.

Slow Horses season 2 was another very enjoyable watch.

currently plowing through Star Trek Enterprise on my free Paramount + trial.

Tulsa King is the best dumb TV since Sons of Anarchy.

We got a free Paramount Plus trial, so I’m going to catch-up on 20 years worth of Star Trek.

You can get a new code every month if you let your current code expire and not renew. Then Wait a day and use new code.
You’re a Trekkie?

I think the last Star Trek I saw was Captain Janeway and the movie that came out over 10 years ago. Which series do you suggest I start with? Strange New Worlds, Picard or Discovery? Assuming Lower Decks is more comedy.

You’re a Trekkie?

I think the last Star Trek I saw was Captain Janeway and the movie that came out over 10 years ago. Which series do you suggest I start with? Strange New Worlds, Picard or Discovery? Assuming Lower Decks is more comedy.
Always and forever. Space communism FTW!

I started my rewatch with DS9. Gotta say it’s much much better than I remember it being. Working on enterprise now then moving to voyager. Don’t know if I’ll bother with the one with Scott Bakula in it though.

Always and forever. Space communism FTW!

I started my rewatch with DS9. Gotta say it’s much much better than I remember it being. Working on enterprise now then moving to voyager. Don’t know if I’ll bother with the one with Scott Bakula in it though.
I started Strange New Worlds with Cpt. Pike on the Enterprise and it is really good so far.

Fishbowl_Wives-tp01.jpeg

Finished this tonight after being sick for the last 2 weeks and watching an ep or 2 every few days.

This 8 part series tells the stories of various people living in a luxury high-rise in Tokyo. Their lives, marriages and temptations all come into play.

This is supposed to be a "steamy" Netflix series...and though there is some of that...it more so focuses on the lives and conflicts of the main characters.

I must say, I kinda liked this. It's not groundbreaking or something that I would sit through again, but it wasn't bad.

3.25/5.

Anyone watched Slow Horses? I just saw an ad for it and it looks promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom