What's Making You Happy Today?

I got some artwork and some approved cologne that does not belong to the ex or other associates of the ex.

Landed an interview for next Monday for a Director of stuff reporting into some VP of global stuff.

Passed the telephone screen this time and got an immediate interview timeslot. Last time I was asked to wait but that was another director job with the same bank.

Still astonishing I am getting my foot in the door based on my CV alone - zero connections.
Not unlike coming here and landing the job cold and then opening up a small gold mine for coworkers.

I did a good deed for some single woman's teenaged kid. I camped out on a website and got them free tickets to a classical piano competition.

Allah smile on me.

Is there a video of your presentation? It sounds life affirming.

I'm sure there is a video, but I doubt it is life affirming. After all, it was about making insurance companies more effected and half the examples were about how much better we would be at detecting fraudulent claims.

I'm sure there is a video, but I doubt it is life affirming. After all, it was about making insurance companies more effected and half the examples were about how much better we would be at detecting fraudulent claims.

You are correct, it doesn't sound life affirming. But kudos for having an impact.

You are correct, it doesn't sound life affirming. But kudos for having an impact.

Sorry - more effective. I really hate typing on this website with autocorrect on my mobile.

I wouldn't mind doing more. It doesn't really phase me to speak to 100-200 people but doing it professionally full time would be a bit hollow. I did get invited to follow up events to participate in panels and what not. I reckon that's a good sign that I deluded people into thinking I'm an expert in this when I'm merely a spokesperson.

The video can be purchased along with the other presenters so I'm sure it's on file somewhere.

Sorry - more effective. I really hate typing on this website with autocorrect on my mobile.

I wouldn't mind doing more. It doesn't really phase me to speak to 100-200 people but doing it professionally full time would be a bit hollow. I did get invited to follow up events to participate in panels and what not. I reckon that's a good sign that I deluded people into thinking I'm an expert in this when I'm merely a spokesperson.

The video can be purchased along with the other presenters so I'm sure it's on file somewhere.

I've done a fair bit of presenting to groups and spoken at launches and the like, have done a course on it as well. Can be a lot of fun, but the emotional investment is pretty big. I have no problem with the words but, as an introvert, the physical confidence thing is the challenge.

Like Lazarus crawling out of his crypt, I'm back! That hour spent hitting balls at the driving range shook off everything.

CesareRomiti CesareRomiti

D378CE1B-3D41-4FE2-963E-2B469619147E.jpeg

I've done a fair bit of presenting to groups and spoken at launches and the like, have done a course on it as well. Can be a lot of fun, but the emotional investment is pretty big. I have no problem with the words but, as an introvert, the physical confidence thing is the challenge.

Some people love it and can just get up and buzz off the audience. A guy I knew had managed to make a career out of getting up and spouting passionate bollocks. He eventually got sussed and is somewhere in the Kurd region of Iraq now. A fitting end methinks.

Most people consider me a bit of an effervescent extrovert and this is probably because I'm a good host in restaurants and bars, but when it comes to getting up and giving a presentation it has to be spot-on and I have to believe in it otherwise I get knots in my stomach and get extremely nervous. Once I start this all evaporates, but I understand how actors get stage fright. I also hate the go around the table and introduce yourself with your position and career highlights.

Anyway, what's making me happy is that I managed to wing a bonus for the staff and me based on profits from a few years back and this gets paid next week. So pretty chuffed about that.

Even though I was at a wedding 120km+ away, I successfully organized a birthday party back in the city. Entertainment, plus I chose some wine and placed it at the restaurant and I selected the menu. It was a hit! The sad part is I was never there to see it but I saw some nice photographs.

I get to go home. I'm rather glad I'm not on the road living in hotels and airports anymore.

I get to go home. I'm rather glad I'm not on the road living in hotels and airports anymore.
Living on the road my friend,
Is gonna keep you free and clean
Now you wear your skin like iron,
Your breath as hard as kerosene.
You weren't your mama's only boy,
But her favorite one it seems
She began to cry when you said goodbye,
And sank into your dreams.

Living on the road my friend,
Is gonna keep you free and clean
Now you wear your skin like iron,
Your breath as hard as kerosene.
You weren't your mama's only boy,
But her favorite one it seems
She began to cry when you said goodbye,
And sank into your dreams.

Living in hotels can actually be the ideal, it can remove you from the banality of domestic existence. If it's a decent one in a good place it is adventure.

It's the airport waiting around and flying time that spoils it.

Living in hotels can actually be the ideal, it can remove you from the banality of domestic existence. If it's a decent one in a good place it is adventure.

It's the airport waiting around and flying time that spoils it.

The problem with me is my life is anything but banal domestic existence other than hours at the workplace. If I didn't have to clean my room and it got serviced I'd be in Roger Sterling levels of debauchery.

33c. 38c humidex.

All the women in the financial district are out in summer dresses, pencil skirts and all sorts of revealing attire. The black yoga leggings are banished. Hurrah!

Tomorrow is our shortest day/longest night of the year. I'm happy because my main living area faces north with floor to ceiling windows and is designed so the bright winter sun streams in under the eaves. Sitting inside with the sun coming in with an open fire on a cold day makes me happy

I've been waiting for the solstice. Normally I'm not fussed by the short days, kind of enjoy them, but this year it has been a real drag.

Someone is blasting music and I can hear it over the vents. The amazing thing is it's all old time jazz.

My unbalanced all US ETF pension plan gained 6 plus percent this year. Nearly 12 percent last year. Not sure why doghouse thinks it's going to tank. Thank you President Trump!

Last time I was at the barber mid June I asked for cleaning up the sides and a bit of a trim because I had a wedding to attend. Now a month later, I have enough hair to hide a lot of my hair loss although soon I'll have to cut it as I'm using a lot of pomade to get it under control in this heat and humidity.

Been dealing with some old ptsd shit after a few bad days at work earlier this year, but today has been fucking awesome.

Played with my daughter all day. Opened a bunch of her birthday presents a week early. Set up her doll house. Played board games. Now we are having pancakes for dinner. She has chocolate milk, im washing mine down with whiskey sours. A good day.

Been dealing with some old ptsd shit after a few bad days at work earlier this year, but today has been fucking awesome.

Played with my daughter all day. Opened a bunch of her birthday presents a week early. Set up her doll house. Played board games. Now we are having pancakes for dinner. She has chocolate milk, im washing mine down with whiskey sours. A good day.

Post a photograph of your Brasilian babysitter and we're all good matey.

Went off today on a friend I've known for 20 years for being an ignorant vegan. Told him if he doesn't educate himself with the literature I gave him and begin eating animal fat then I refuse to watch him slowly kill himself any longer. Dude's 44 and has the body and frailty of 74 yo.

Went off today on a friend I've known for 20 years for being an ignorant vegan. Told him if he doesn't educate himself with the literature I gave him and begin eating animal fat then I refuse to watch him slowly kill himself any longer. Dude's 44 and has the body and frailty of 74 yo.

One of my colleagues warned me about the perils of vegetarian diets. He's Indian and advises that his genetics has had thousands of years getting use to such a diet and when westerners try it, they get malnurished very quickly. My brother had a health scare of some sort, don't know what it was, but soon after he became full-on vegan and enforced it on his kids. They all look weak and feeble compared to my kids.

I've had some awful vegetarian dishes over the years, some at my brother's house, but the best was in a Buddhist restuarant in Shanghai. Absolutely fantastic, wonderful textures and tastes. If I was living there, I would definitely be a regular.

Just in the past two years my friend couldn't walk without level four to six pain for eight months after STUBBING his toe in his kitchen. He gets the cold/flu at least five times a year. He told me yesterday he was SHITTING blood for a whole day few weeks ago, when he went to the doctor he told him his stress and an energy food bar he ate the day before caused it, and my friend's ignorant enough to believe the ignorant doc. Of course he can't join a football league with me despite having played growing up because he'd break a bone or ligament too easily. He's 6' tall and weighs 150 lbs, industrial soy boy concentration camp victim. I straight up told him his brain shrank too much already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom