What's Making You Happy Today?

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I was given less than 24 hours to nominate two people for outstanding performance for my line of business in the Americas. Submissions would come from 20-30 other subsidiaries. This guy won. Free trip to Europe. I had no idea he won until his coworker told me today. I must be really good embellishing in English.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
First alumni dinner in ages. I haven't been since I signed up for this new job. Looking forward to the mostly Anglo crowd at reception talking about the great matters of the day.

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Let Me Die A Youngman's Death - Roger McGough

Let me die a youngman's death
not a clean and inbetween
the sheets holywater death
not a famous-last-words
peaceful out of breath death

When I'm 73
and in constant good tumour
may I be mown down at dawn
by a bright red sports car
on my way home
from an allnight party

Or when I'm 91
with silver hair
and sitting in a barber's chair
may rival gangsers
with hamfisted tommyguns burst in
and give me a short back and insides

Or when I'm 104
and banned from the Cavern
may my mistress
catching me in bed with her daughter
and fearing for her son
cut me up into little pieces
and throw away every piece but one

Let me die a youngman's death
not a free from sin tiptoe in
candle wax and waning death
not a curtains drawn by angels borne
'what a nice way to go' death

Pimpernel Smith

Ratings
Cobbler charged £2 less than on the ticket for my commando heels. He said last time he ordered them in they were more expensive. Nice of him to pass the saving on.
There's lots of good sorts in the UK. When we were back there in November, we had a bit of trouble getting the car park ticket machine (pay in advance) to accept Dutch Mastercards and this friendly old chap offered to pay. And he meant it. It wasn't much by the way. But you know when you're near a gent, you're covered. It is a sad state of affairs when the Remainers delight in taking the vote away from those who have most to offer us with their grace.

Kingstonian

Ratings
There's lots of good sorts in the UK. When we were back there in November, we had a bit of trouble getting the car park ticket machine (pay in advance) to accept Dutch Mastercards and this friendly old chap offered to pay. And he meant it. It wasn't much by the way. But you know when you're near a gent, you're covered. It is a sad state of affairs when the Remainers delight in taking the vote away from those who have most to offer us with their grace.
The machine was out of order in Claygate station car park last week. Pay by phone only and I did not have my phone. Risked it as I was not staying long.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
Conservative shithead and human bobble head doll Charlie Kirk ended up going to the ER and they had him wait outside on a bench. The comments are the best thing ive read all year

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
My assistant told me it was the first time in years she feels like she has a real manager. I asked how so and she said it's because I support her to do what she needs to do.

Fwiffo

Supporter
Ratings
I handed the keys of my old flat to the new landlord/owner. That nightmare that started 11 1/2 months ago is finally settled.

Strangely I am checking out cooking videos and recipes and it's making me happy because I finally have a kitchen to cook in.

Rambo

The Trollest Of Trolls
Ratings
I handed the keys of my old flat to the new landlord/owner. That nightmare that started 11 1/2 months ago is finally settled.

Strangely I am checking out cooking videos and recipes and it's making me happy because I finally have a kitchen to cook in.
glad to hear you're finally moving on from that mess

Top Bottom