What's Making You Happy Today?

I signed a lease till August 2020. I get the keys in January so I have a month overlap to shift over.

I was given less than 24 hours to nominate two people for outstanding performance for my line of business in the Americas. Submissions would come from 20-30 other subsidiaries. This guy won. Free trip to Europe. I had no idea he won until his coworker told me today. I must be really good embellishing in English.

I coached one of my ex staff on getting a raise from my old boss and she got it.

I gave my business class seat to a staff member who has never sat up front. Happy Christmas.

_104942308_87e14774-2e7e-44d3-90e5-a5503d303df8.jpg

Christmas in Cairo

_104942296_5ae54cf2-57f1-4bf5-bd27-c6540fcc2cb1.jpg

Christmas in Constantinople

_104942300_d82a87a8-bd94-4366-9c1e-61a2110eb1fb.jpg

Christmas in Taipei
_104942302_c4a933d7-aa82-4858-9bf8-6afdc96420a0.jpg

Christmas in Kinshasa

_104942298_9484b26f-ffc2-45f7-86ee-79e4eed80948.jpg

Christmas in Dubai

I gave my Raptors tickets to one of my favourite bartenders.

Also the dry cleaning girl liked my Munich souvenir gift.

First alumni dinner in ages. I haven't been since I signed up for this new job. Looking forward to the mostly Anglo crowd at reception talking about the great matters of the day.

Let Me Die A Youngman's Death - Roger McGough

Let me die a youngman's death
not a clean and inbetween
the sheets holywater death
not a famous-last-words
peaceful out of breath death

When I'm 73
and in constant good tumour
may I be mown down at dawn
by a bright red sports car
on my way home
from an allnight party

Or when I'm 91
with silver hair
and sitting in a barber's chair
may rival gangsers
with hamfisted tommyguns burst in
and give me a short back and insides

Or when I'm 104
and banned from the Cavern
may my mistress
catching me in bed with her daughter
and fearing for her son
cut me up into little pieces
and throw away every piece but one

Let me die a youngman's death
not a free from sin tiptoe in
candle wax and waning death
not a curtains drawn by angels borne
'what a nice way to go' death

Cobbler charged £2 less than on the ticket for my commando heels. He said last time he ordered them in they were more expensive. Nice of him to pass the saving on.

Cobbler charged £2 less than on the ticket for my commando heels. He said last time he ordered them in they were more expensive. Nice of him to pass the saving on.

There's lots of good sorts in the UK. When we were back there in November, we had a bit of trouble getting the car park ticket machine (pay in advance) to accept Dutch Mastercards and this friendly old chap offered to pay. And he meant it. It wasn't much by the way. But you know when you're near a gent, you're covered. It is a sad state of affairs when the Remainers delight in taking the vote away from those who have most to offer us with their grace.

There's lots of good sorts in the UK. When we were back there in November, we had a bit of trouble getting the car park ticket machine (pay in advance) to accept Dutch Mastercards and this friendly old chap offered to pay. And he meant it. It wasn't much by the way. But you know when you're near a gent, you're covered. It is a sad state of affairs when the Remainers delight in taking the vote away from those who have most to offer us with their grace.

The machine was out of order in Claygate station car park last week. Pay by phone only and I did not have my phone. Risked it as I was not staying long.

Conservative shithead and human bobble head doll Charlie Kirk ended up going to the ER and they had him wait outside on a bench. The comments are the best thing ive read all year

My assistant told me it was the first time in years she feels like she has a real manager. I asked how so and she said it's because I support her to do what she needs to do.

I handed the keys of my old flat to the new landlord/owner. That nightmare that started 11 1/2 months ago is finally settled.

Strangely I am checking out cooking videos and recipes and it's making me happy because I finally have a kitchen to cook in.

I handed the keys of my old flat to the new landlord/owner. That nightmare that started 11 1/2 months ago is finally settled.

Strangely I am checking out cooking videos and recipes and it's making me happy because I finally have a kitchen to cook in.
glad to hear you're finally moving on from that mess

Through customs and security in 25 minutes or less with Nexus/Global Entry. On a Monday with all the commuters.

I'm consistently more prepared than my peer CxOs in Americas. My slides got used as a template for others. I killed the town hall with 6 or 7 people coming up to say what a great speaker I was.

I dropped off a birthday gift nearly two weeks ago and it was finally discovered. "so sweet of you" .....

Waitrose card. Twenty per cent off fish on Friday. Free newspaper if you spend a tenner. Free coffee if you supply the cup.

The Telegraph is not worth two quid though. Not really a coffee drinker either. I ordered Americano but there was no button for that on the machine. So I pressed for another option - latte. That worked, but I did not need a receipt. I suspect you could just sit there all day drinking coffee if you were sad enough.

I actually dozed off sitting up on the plane for two hours after the dinner. Add up the bits and pieces on landing and take off and I slept three hours out of an eight and a half hour flight.

The actual flight was 8,5 hours or that includes waiting around etc.

8 1/2 plus a 1/2 hour or so delay. It’s 7 hours to London so another hour and half to Vienna sounds about right.

The quickest you can get to London from here is about 24 hours all up.

Saw some guy slip on a banana peel. Ticket for that experience is about 7 hours of your day and 16 bananas. Prices may vary very much.

But you can go direct from Perth.
Its 17.5 hours from Perth - then you'd have to get to Perth thats 3 hours from Melbourne + at least 1 hour interchange. Still = 21.5 hours and includes 17 hours non stop in a plane!!!!!!!!!!!

From FRA-YYZ I put myself on the upper level of an LH 747-400. My first time. I've been on 747s before but in economy. My home airline doesn't have any 747s in service anymore.

I've taken the same flight a couple of times, not sure the upper level is preferrable. Except maybe for the first row. In any case, even the "new" Luftwaffe business class is way behind other airlines. Everything has a terrible '80s feel, don't know how they managed to do that. Sad!

I've taken the same flight a couple of times, not sure the upper level is preferrable. Except maybe for the first row. In any case, even the "new" Luftwaffe business class is way behind other airlines. Everything has a terrible '80s feel, don't know how they managed to do that. Sad!

First time I saw "business class" arranged 2x3x2.

Who has business class with a row of 3?

Anyway that's why I am upstairs. Only 2. LH has strange seats in that you can play footsie with your seat mate and no privacy wall either.

The seats are pretty bad, considering what other airlines were already offering years ago. I seriously don't understand this.

Not being so close to your neighbours feet is a big advantage of the upper level first row. I don't really like the upper level because it feels really cramped. But I avoid having to take that flight as much as possible and if I have to, I sleep most of the time. So I also do not care too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom