What's Making You Happy Today?

How can I get my hands on some of that slow cooked ragu bolognese?

You could always follow the first half of this video recipe like I did. I think someone on this forum questioned why dice up a skirt steak for it. I made it 5 or 6 times now and it beats what you get in glass, tins and frozen in supermarkets. The only change I did was add a bit of half and half 45 minutes before finishing.

Out of all of us (some CxOs, directors), I got by the portfolio and capacity review meeting the best in front of my boss' boss.
If I could understand any of that I'd sympathise or congratulate you - dunno which.

There I was last week selling some US dollars and it's done over the phone and I don't pay it that much mind, as the exchange rates US$ to Euro are dreadful and I needed to do it, so there's no lets wait for better rates. But I do remember the lady at the bank had to correct the exchange rate and thinking that Euro total is a bit low. Yesterday, I get an email from the Accountant, advising that I'd been ripped-off by the bank and he was right it was serious, like career changing.

Immediately contacted the bank and they were ''It's written down here you've agreed to this rate and it was repeated to you...'' Two telephones calls later, they're holding the line, so I said you need to revert to the phone call recording, as I know you record them. But I was suspicious, maybe the lady mesmerized and I had agreed to the non-market rate. And in truth I couldn't be sure.

Woke up 1:20am this morning thinking about it. 10am I get an email they had rectified the mistake overnight and shortfall was paid into the Euro account.

That made my day, as that was a serious concern that burdened me over night.

There I was last week selling some US dollars and it's done over the phone and I don't pay it that much mind, as the exchange rates US$ to Euro are dreadful and I needed to do it, so there's no lets wait for better rates. But I do remember the lady at the bank had to correct the exchange rate and thinking that Euro total is a bit low. Yesterday, I get an email from the Accountant, advising that I'd been ripped-off by the bank and he was right it was serious, like career changing.

Immediately contacted the bank and they were ''It's written down here you've agreed to this rate and it was repeated to you...'' Two telephones calls later, they're holding the line, so I said you need to revert to the phone call recording, as I know you record them. But I was suspicious, maybe the lady mesmerized and I had agreed to the non-market rate. And in truth I couldn't be sure.

Woke up 1:20am this morning thinking about it. 10am I get an email they had rectified the mistake overnight and shortfall was paid into the Euro account.

That made my day, as that was a serious concern that burdened me over night.

Use transferwise, grandpa

Use transferwise, grandpa
Thanks for that tip, but actually it was only €50 better on a $200,000 sell. If it went wrong with them as my recommendation, it's a bit different to dealing with the bank you've been with since 1972. They rectified their mistake, but they didn't call be back to apologize. Not that I'm interested in that anyway.

1634851795346.jpeg

He’s still got it, canceled and all

View attachment 41827

He’s still got it, canceled and all
They've tried to cancel Jim Davidson and Chubby Brown in the UK. Ageing comedians in the UK, but still massive box office draws. I'm not a fan at all of the humor of either of them. Jim Davidson was considered old hat in the 1980s and Chubby Brown is a guttural stage act based on offensive swear words with some nice piano work in between.

So far, the attempts to cancel them have failed. Including the recent one where Jim Davidson is interviewed by the dancer/choreographer who did the kneeling on the neck dance on prime time Saturday night entertainment television on ITV. Davidson's interview and rebuke is interesting.

She's getting that skinny older body look. I don't find it remotely attractive.

Both men and women, in the main, will either go larger or skinny. Not sure any of them look good. Her face looks alright, but you can see the legs are not good and she looks weak.

You need to keep the weights going big time baby when you get to get your fifties.

She's getting that skinny older body look. I don't find it remotely attractive.

Both men and women, in the main, will either go larger or skinny. Not sure any of them look good. Her face looks alright, but you can see the legs are not good and she looks weak.

You need to keep the weights going big time baby when you get to get your fifties.

Really? That's a lot of work. Did Hugh Grant do weights in About a Boy?

I seem to be just growing after coronavirus.

I was planning to get away with some combination of dark grey and blue odd jacket and trousers at the funeral but was asked to be a pallbearer at the last minute.

I was afraid I was going to have to race out and buy a crap suit from a local mall since there isn’t time for anything nice. They aren’t a sartorial familiy, I just need to look appropriate and respectful.

I pulled out my old wedding suit (Thick as a thieves nearly 15 years ago) and fuck me if it doesn’t still fit and looks ok! It’s a one button dark grey (most people would call it black) tonal stripe in their house cut. The fit is actually pretty good (was afraid the trousers were skinny but they aren’t really). Jacket is a bit short but not too noticeable and the lapels are skinny though thankfully they don’t stand out too much. I found a linen square and a black paisley tie in the closet. I’ll still be wearing brown shoes, but no one but me will be bothered by that.

Big relief I don’t need to go buy anything quickly, but also a reminder I really do need to buy a summer weight dark suit to have on hand.

I’ll look like someone who belongs in the disagreeable thread, but not to anyone who is there grieving - which is all the matters right now.

Both my kids have appointments for Covid pedi vaccines in two weeks.

My dental hygienist moved my appointment ahead by one hour and forty five minutes and apologised profusely to me today. She threw in two whitening kits, four travel toothpaste, three travel dental floss and a toothbrush. This was in addition to pressing her A cup to the side of my face for part of the cleaning.

Then upon pay out, the receptionist said she saw my plan only covered XX percent and she would adjust my bill so I wouldn't be out of pocket.

Not sure what I did to deserve the kindness.

I didn't get the coffee sauce quite right but I think I did Phil Howard's coffee braised short ribs some service today.

I'm invited to the special club for premium seats and suite occupants for the final footy game this season. More likely they ordered a bunch of food and drinks and need to get rid of it so they boosted seasons holders to come empty the fridge. No free booze though.

I went to see my barber after work. When he was finished another barber said that is some gold medal work there. My barber said me and [fwiffo] go back a long time. Nothing but gold for him.

Then I went to pick up my cigarettes at the tobacconist store and the proprietor sees me, stops serving this customer in the cigar section and goes behind the till. He says "One?" and brings me my usual.

Rather going to miss this place.

I went to see my barber after work. When he was finished another barber said that is some gold medal work there. My barber said me and [fwiffo] go back a long time. Nothing but gold for him.

Then I went to pick up my cigarettes at the tobacconist store and the proprietor sees me, stops serving this customer in the cigar section and goes behind the till. He says "One?" and brings me my usual.

Rather going to miss this place.
Being recognised by people in their service industry, who know your usual order, seems to be something very important to you. Maybe you are more of a small village kinda guy than you realize.

When I got to my usual breakfast place in the morning before work, as soon as I walk in, the woman says...the usual...egg/cheese/tomato/toasted bagel. No need for me to even voice my order.

I was the same with my barber. He knew what I wanted.
(This coming from a big "village".....NYC.)

Being recognised by people in their service industry, who know your usual order, seems to be something very important to you. Maybe you are more of a small village kinda guy than you realize.

I like being recognised by people in general. Preferably in that fawning adoration way.

When I got to my usual breakfast place in the morning before work, as soon as I walk in, the woman says...the usual...egg/cheese/tomato/toasted bagel. No need for me to even voice my order.

I was the same with my barber. He knew what I wanted.
(This coming from a big "village".....NYC.)

Good man.

Had to chuckle yesterday, as I had related to me a work story I'd not heard before. This is back in the early 1990s, one of our employees was speaking to one of the clients and misinterpreted what the client said which was ''I could do with someone like you over here...'' as ''I need you, get on the first flight to Tokyo bay...'' So he got the flight and hotel and arrived to the greeting on Monday in Japan with ''What the fuck are you doing here?''

That was back in the day when it was still too much done at the golf course level. All of those guys are well gone now, to be replaced with myopic gents with low sport IQ and no hand to ball eye coordination like me. What we lack in golf prowess we make up in professionalism.

Took awhile but the local symphony orchestra started playing again in November. Taking my father and mother there. This was the only performance that had Tchaikovsky. Given they cut intermission and shortened performances to less than 90 minutes the selection is poor for canons and good for pops and modern compositions.

That said we're a bit old fashioned and we're wearing ties for a matinee on a Sunday. I wonder what people wear these days to performances after coronavirus.

The world is returning to normal when you have taxis following you alongside the road asking, "Sir..you need taxi? You need ride??"

I was pulling into the paediatrician’s parking area and their were only two bays left - side by side. The guy in front of my did such an awful job of parking he took up both of them. I gestured at him, gave him evil looks and even honked but he avoided eye contact and hussled his kid out without straightening his car up.

Twenty minutes later we are in the foyer. I hear him tell his kid they are going to the seventh floor (because that’s where the doc’s office was). I let him go and then we went up to the fifth floor to the new office. As we were walking out after shots, we walked past him standing in line. There were kids about do I didn’t say anything, just have him a look that made him cower.

rolling into 2022 like

All I can think of is what are his wages, what jobs will be replaced and what efficiencies we can find for the company if we can get a few more of these on staff.

Finally got to my pharmacist. I only show up once a quarter so it's nice to be greeted by name and I get the pills I needed without even asking for it. Wandered around a bit towards the lake and enter an office building that spiders all the way home. I see the maintenance guy from my building. We chat for a bit and he heads off to his second job.

I can be in bed 8 hours but that means I probably slept 7 given insomnia and all that.

If I party and go on a bender for 3 late nights and then crash, I can snooze for 8 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom