What's New with the Foo?

Foo is a VP in some asset management or M&A boutique, I guess he is doing ok
Lol in Murica everyone is a ‘VP’. The mailroom boys are called Junior VPs.

Also seems he has changed his username from the slightly racist Asian pronunciation of his name (Maffoo Fann haw haw) to TheFoo. Clearly a misspelling of TheDouche.

Well, no. I had a look at his LI profile and whatever else is might be guilty of, his career is quite alright.

Is there anyone in USA who isn’t a VP of something. It must be a shameful thing to be employed but not a VP.

I wonder if doggie has made himself a VP in his own company.

Morgan Stanley hast recently published an ad in FT naming all their newly promoted MDs, i guess about 100.

I don’t personally know of ANY organisation in australia that has a title called VP.
Excepting say a branch of a USA mob perhaps, but here they usually drop it Day to day as no one has any FI what it means. And may well provoke smirking.

I don’t personally know of ANY organisation in australia that has a title called VP.
Excepting say a branch of a USA mob perhaps, but here they usually drop it Day to day as no one has any FI what it means. And may well provoke smirking.
Yes well we know Aussies are all chippy bastards.

Did Foo ever purchase the Porsche?

Yes. I think that this post by Foo seems to sum himself up pretty well:

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/cars-we-drive.17839/page-2041#post-9631840

"Always the wife.
clear.png

Well, mine was sort of the reverse. Originally, I just wanted a GT350 or M2. She chided me to think of what I really wanted. So I thought, hmm, maybe an M4 CS. And she was like: “But you hate new BMWs and are always bitching about how they are too heavy and complicated. Is that really THE car that will shut you up?” Next thing I know, I was putting down a deposit on a Carrera T. Inevitably, that became the GT3. She is just happy it’s done."

Yes. I think that this post by Foo seems to sum himself up pretty well:

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/cars-we-drive.17839/page-2041#post-9631840

"Always the wife.
clear.png

Well, mine was sort of the reverse. Originally, I just wanted a GT350 or M2. She chided me to think of what I really wanted. So I thought, hmm, maybe an M4 CS. And she was like: “But you hate new BMWs and are always bitching about how they are too heavy and complicated. Is that really THE car that will shut you up?” Next thing I know, I was putting down a deposit on a Carrera T. Inevitably, that became the GT3. She is just happy it’s done."

Interesting, as I know of no English lady or even European one, who would push their hubby into purchasing a sports car over a more practical alternative. The ladies I know without exception would denigrate it as a waste of money and tut tut boys with toys and whatever will he buy next routine.

I call bullshit too. Can't think of any married woman who would push her hubby to go from a 50k to a 130k car, especially in NYC traffic.

It’s a simple but brilliant strategy really. By letting him buy what he wants she avoids having to listen to his endless rationalising at home, and converts his prattling on to her into bragging on the forums about the latest thing his wife’s money had afforded him to purhase. As a result we all have to suffer - and laugh - and she just gets to laugh.

Foo's boots (from a couple of years ago) - click on the pics for the fully glory, including the stitched "nubs":

Presumably, he will wear these with the planned bespoke western shirt.

After a quick scroll through his Twitter, he certainly doesn’t come across as a particularly likeable chap.

the guy has 367 followers and is telling Rolex how to design the next Daytona. Sad. But also love him, in a weird way

In one tweet, he references Tom Wolfe's From Bauhaus to our House with, I'm not sure, approval. He is, however, the very kind of person Wolfe would've mocked mercilessly

I can just imagine foosta waxing lyrical about the Barcelona chair (bought as a pair natch...??????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????)

I thought the lad had lots of fans on Style Forum, but when l checked his youtube and twitter he doesn't seem to be valued at all. 3,000 views in 8 years???

He should get tips off those BIG Daddy social media influencers so he can get famous. I know a lot of the kids are doing it these days. He's got the car, a watch and a breast wallet by Hermes', so it's a start isn't it.

I thought the lad had lots of fans on Style Forum, but when l checked his youtube and twitter he doesn't seem to be valued at all. 3,000 views in 8 years???

He should get tips off those BIG Daddy social media influencers so he can get famous. I know a lot of the kids are doing it these days. He's got the car, a watch and a breast wallet by Hermes', so it's a start isn't it.

Mate, no one is gonna have him as idol to follow.

Not racism, reality since any would follow this great chinesse actor

1623443198831.png

Not a cousin of Fok employeed in his family business: delivering shitte home or to your phone that have gotten 5-10 defective made unsuits and just some ignorants believe is Cary Grant.

1623442944595.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know what sort of music he is into and trying to bang out on his Tele?

Im also a little perplexed by the Chewbacca light speed chair and painted skateboards on the wall.

Does anyone know what sort of music he is into and trying to bang out on his Tele?

Im also a little perplexed by the Chewbacca light speed chair and painted skateboards on the wall.
Again, it's the 'iconic' things he has to buy, rather than a good, cheap guitar to practice with like normal people, upgrading when he's learned the chops. It looks vintage too, or is it distressed (like me)? Didn't he also own a Les Paul too?

Anyway, if he was a true mensch he would seek out, and commission (remember that word) a Luthier to make him a bespock one to his own, well-cultivated specifications.

Now, that's proper big-time.

You really get to appreciate the good stuff when you start on the bad stuff, but when one starts on the best it's not the same, you miss out on so much on your learning curve. They want it all now, but life is not as good that way. It's always about the journey and the appreciation of things that come with it.

I've got an American Standard Tele from the mid 90s that is one of the most sublime instruments I've ever played. You miss out on things like that when you are Foo

I’ve owned a bottom tier Tele, a Jaguar reissue and a Jazzmaster copy. At my skill level, I don’t think the difference in brand/model is even noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom