What's New with the Foo?

what is the story with this guy anyway? is everyone in on the joke?

he seems like a pretender who has been granted an outsize amount of attention over the years. I always knew he was sort of a punch line for sartorial OCD/autism on styleforum but it seems like there's a sizable contingent that takes him seriously. what am I missing here?

as you know, I've been around awhile but feel like I never got a straight answer on this. not sure I should expect one here, but I'm asking anyway.

what is the story with this guy anyway? is everyone in on the joke?

he seems like a pretender who has been granted an outsize amount of attention over the years. I always knew he was sort of a punch line for sartorial OCD/autism on styleforum but it seems like there's a sizable contingent that takes him seriously. what am I missing here?

as you know, I've been around awhile but feel like I never got a straight answer on this. not sure I should expect one here, but I'm asking anyway.
He spent big bucks on high end brands, bespoke and posted about it copiously. That equals expert on menswear forums.

He spent big bucks on high end brands, bespoke and posted about it copiously. That equals expert on menswear forums.
This plus he is highly opinionated, articulate and an expert in dressing up his entrenched opinions as irrefutable facts.

Unfortunately when he posted pics they were often sub standard, sometimes laughably so, and his rapid U-turning made a mockery of his previously entrenched opinions.

I believe he’s now abandoned his bespoke gear for finance bro fleece vests and while I don’t remember him ever posting about such things until recently, upon acquisition of a Porsche and a Patek he’s recently established himself as a self-imposed expert on all things to do with cars and watches.

1624414963260.png

Holy heck - he's actually proud of that?!

If my children *ever* said anything like that, I would seriously re-think my parenting - perhaps even my entire life.

I always find his total lack of awareness of how it comes off most amusing.

I always find his total lack of awareness of how it comes off most amusing.

If my children *ever* said anything like that, I would seriously re-think my parenting - perhaps even my entire life.

I see that maybe some people here need to be reminded of the moderation policies here, so here goes:
1) Moderators are gods. Their word is law, and if you don't like any specific moderation decision, never, ever, question it in public, You may of course PM us, but unless we feel that there has been a grave miscarriage of justice, like you were spamminated by mistake, our decisions are unlightly to change.
2) We really, really, hate whiners, and especially whiners who say "What about that other guy?" No, don't do it. Think about your own behaviour, Unless you are a blameless saint who did not engage, and was purely the victim of unanswered harassment, don't even bother complaining. The likelihood of it going well for you approaches nil.
3) You never get the last word. The mods and admins get the last word. Not in this specific case, but if I, or another mod, says "This duscussion is now doine", it's done. We don;t care if you were mid point, or have something more to say, etc... The very act of continueing the exchange after we've stepped in is an infraction that might get you a few days off, and if you, or any other member, feels like being argumentative, more time. If you every persinally insult a mod publicly re. a specific decision, you might even get banned.

With that out of the way, please drop whatever your issue is with @TheFoo . I'm not interested if what you think about him. Don't like his posts? Put him on ignore.

Alright, lets get back to watches.

And in case it is unclear to anyone, this stupid sniping is done. Now.

Thanks

The last I know about is he has been imprisioned on a FEMA camp by expreading the chinavirus.

His cousin Fok has been executed by the Proud Gheys by being a vicious bidenist.

This was not called execution. It was called retirement.

I see that maybe some people here need to be reminded of the moderation policies here, so here goes:
1) Moderators are gods. Their word is law, and if you don't like any specific moderation decision, never, ever, question it in public, You may of course PM us, but unless we feel that there has been a grave miscarriage of justice, like you were spamminated by mistake, our decisions are unlightly to change.
2) We really, really, hate whiners, and especially whiners who say "What about that other guy?" No, don't do it. Think about your own behaviour, Unless you are a blameless saint who did not engage, and was purely the victim of unanswered harassment, don't even bother complaining. The likelihood of it going well for you approaches nil.
3) You never get the last word. The mods and admins get the last word. Not in this specific case, but if I, or another mod, says "This duscussion is now doine", it's done. We don;t care if you were mid point, or have something more to say, etc... The very act of continueing the exchange after we've stepped in is an infraction that might get you a few days off, and if you, or any other member, feels like being argumentative, more time. If you every persinally insult a mod publicly re. a specific decision, you might even get banned.

With that out of the way, please drop whatever your issue is with @TheFoo . I'm not interested if what you think about him. Don't like his posts? Put him on ignore.

Alright, lets get back to watches.

And in case it is unclear to anyone, this stupid sniping is done. Now.

Thanks

Wait....I have not been following that custom denim shirt thread lately, but did a mod post something similar in that thread?

That is pathological nursing of kids. No wonder inmature parents do continue breeding inmature sons forever, until of the sons rarely stops that, in case of the dumb tacky dwarf, he is doing more narcissistic and histrionic weirdos. Sarto is an expert on curing that among Dr. Levi Holzman from Tel Aviv

1627018886026.png

It pretty clearly is, we wear them for our own satisfaction.

There are situations though where I do like having a time source that isn't battery dependent though.

That's actually an interesting observation, especially the first part about buying a luxury watch and I'm inclined to agree with it.

If you think about it, from a pure timekeeping perspective, in this day and age a mechanical watch makes no sense.

Oh, absolutely. They're almost the textbook definition of a Veblen good. It's something that is virtually entirely redundant in our modern smartphone age and yet, as the price increases, demand also increases.

There's actually a couple of good posts in the watch thread on SF by UnFacconable about "collecting" watches and the demand for certain watches over others (please note that the blurb visible in the links below is not related to the posts I'm linking to):

If a mechanical watch does not make much sense from a functional point of view, it is undoubtedly a beautiful mens jewel, the only one really acceptable in my opinion. And of course it's immensely more pleasing to read the time from a watch than from a handy.
Moreover there can be some few occasions in which you will be happy to wear a mechanical watch, for example when the battery of your mobile phone is empty and you are unable to recharge it.

Mmmmm....!

That's actually an interesting observation, especially the first part about buying a luxury watch and I'm inclined to agree with it.

If you think about it, from a pure timekeeping perspective, in this day and age a mechanical watch makes no sense.

True enough.

I still wear a watch, but I'm probably one of the few people on earth who leaves the house without a phone on various occasions and I don't always have it near me when I'm in the house.

True enough.

I still wear a watch, but I'm probably one of the few people on earth who leaves the house without a phone on various occasions and I don't always have it near me when I'm in the house.
Good for you.

In the U.K. they want you to load an NHS app on your mobile so they can ‘ping’ you if you come into contact with covid. You are then supposed to isolate.

Forget replacing the wristwatch, as soon as we accept a digital drivers license, the smartphone will be replacing wallets and keys.

I have seriously considered that once my current iPhone breaks down, I’ll replace it with a cheap, basic phone that only has functions for calling, texting, and WhatsApp.

Would do wonders with productivity and weeding out unnecessary shit from my daily living.

I have seriously considered that once my current iPhone breaks down, I’ll replace it with a cheap, basic phone that only has functions for calling, texting, and WhatsApp.

Would do wonders with productivity and weeding out unnecessary shit from my daily living.
My eldest used my iPad the other day and exclaimed incredulously ''You bought an iPad to use one App?!''

And indeed I did.

I have a cheap (new) Nokia for that purpose. Only calls and texts and a camera I have never used. Battery holds forever. BUT I don't think it is possible to go without a smart phone. I have a company Iphone and I need at least two apps for work. We also recently bought a cheap smart phone to use at home, because there are other things you can't do without. E.g. banking is close to impossible without their apps.

I have a cheap (new) Nokia for that purpose. Only calls and texts and a camera I have never used. Battery holds forever. BUT I don't think it is possible to go without a smart phone. I have a company Iphone and I need at least two apps for work. We also recently bought a cheap smart phone to use at home, because there are other things you can't do without. E.g. banking is close to impossible without their apps.
That’s the thing that’s making me hesitate on going full stone age with my phone. Like you said, for banking a smartphone is nearly mandatory in my country as well, and then there are things related to work.

Maybe having one is a good practical stoic exercise for self-control.

I have often wrestled with this but then, how would I use dressedwell.net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom