Why Are You Pissed Off Today?

My hands are drying out and getting chafed from the constant hand washing and alcohol sanitizer.

Another part of our new normal.

I'm tired of this term "new normal" and all these experts asking us to accept the new normal.

This is not bloody fucking normal so stop calling it that.

People over 50 are high risk and should work permanently at home. People should wear 5 masks a day sitting in an office. People should have X metres away from each other in an office. No more than 2 people sitting in a meeting room no matter how big. Canteens and cafeterias shut down. Plastic barriers between desks. Face shields behind plastic screens.

Don't all come to work at once. 1/3 should come. Then a night of deep cleaning. Next third should come. Same with classrooms of children. People need to give up on a 9-5 day. Stop trying to crowd transit and roads to get to places. Work in shifts. 600-1400. 1400-2200. Stagger your work days. This is the new normal.

Masks should have always been mandatory on planes. Economy class - no snacks or beverage. Business class - here's a prepackaged meal. Middle seats should be left empty. Seats shouldn't all face the same way, they should face opposite ways with the middle seat empty. This is the new normal.

Then there is the guilt tactic. We were spoiled living in an unhealthy manner as humans. Now we must embrace the new normal to a healthier life. Then the environmentalists chime in. Humanity was polluting and destroying the world. This is a wake up call to what can be achieved. Another 20 years of this and humanity can redeem its environmental sins.

These people are defeatists. If this were WW1, these people preaching a new normal would be rounded up and tied to a tree and shot for cowardice. If this were communism, a political officer would send these people to the gulag for low morale.

This is not a new normal. This is the lack of a solution to a virus. This is a failure. Don't make everyone compromise for someone else's failure.

Then there is the guilt tactic. We were spoiled living in an unhealthy manner as humans. Now we must embrace the new normal to a healthier life. Then the environmentalists chime in. Humanity was polluting and destroying the world. This is a wake up call to what can be achieved. Another 20 years of this and humanity can redeem its environmental sins.

Those people are part of a doomsday cult of austerity, reduced lives and expectations.

I'm tired of this term "new normal" and all these experts asking us to accept the new normal.

This is not bloody fucking normal so stop calling it that.

People over 50 are high risk and should work permanently at home. People should wear 5 masks a day sitting in an office. People should have X metres away from each other in an office. No more than 2 people sitting in a meeting room no matter how big. Canteens and cafeterias shut down. Plastic barriers between desks. Face shields behind plastic screens.

Don't all come to work at once. 1/3 should come. Then a night of deep cleaning. Next third should come. Same with classrooms of children. People need to give up on a 9-5 day. Stop trying to crowd transit and roads to get to places. Work in shifts. 600-1400. 1400-2200. Stagger your work days. This is the new normal.

Masks should have always been mandatory on planes. Economy class - no snacks or beverage. Business class - here's a prepackaged meal. Middle seats should be left empty. Seats shouldn't all face the same way, they should face opposite ways with the middle seat empty. This is the new normal.

These people are defeatists. If this were WW1, these people preaching a new normal would be rounded up and tied to a tree and shot for cowardice. If this were communism, a political officer would send these people to the gulag for low morale.

This is not a new normal. This is the lack of a solution to a virus. This is a failure. Don't make everyone compromise for someone else's failure.
Yeah and all that bullshit about AIDS etc and safe sex was fake news.

Yeah and all that bullshit about AIDS etc and safe sex was fake news.

AIDS? Is that still a thing outside of sh@thole countries? I know people who have lived for years and years with medication and HIV.

Safe sex. How is that possible in the "new normal" ? I fancy this bird on the street from her eyes up because of her mask at 2m apart. We both develop a relationship - no idea how because everything is shut but say you go on a date where you sit facing each other through protective plastic like visiting a prison. You have to go pick up the food you ordered from cooks who have protective face masks, gloves, masks and a hair net on because the wait staff can get more money from handouts from the government than expose themselves. Or let's go see a movie at the cinema. Oh wait I have to sit four seats apart and the seats have protective barriers.

I reckon the one positive is if you meet a spitter you can find out quickly and just walk away from a lifetime of random food particles spat at you.

Found out my last so called work friend group, who i thought i coukd rely on, was working behind my back with some other people who do the same thing, basically excluding me while keeping the good info from their group to themselves. Really fucking taking this one hard as this was my last real outlet for work and i had been with this group for 7 years now. I thought these people were my friends.

^I'm not quite sure what happened there, Rambo, but it sounds like it sucks. So does this mean that you can't work with them anymore? Or you can work with them but the relationship won't be as good?

That sucks, man.

Will this affect your work? Or is it more of a social thing? Either way, it sounds bad.

Found out my last so called work friend group, who i thought i coukd rely on, was working behind my back with some other people who do the same thing, basically excluding me while keeping the good info from their group to themselves. Really fucking taking this one hard as this was my last real outlet for work and i had been with this group for 7 years now. I thought these people were my friends.

Is your employment situation in jeopardy?

I assume everyone at work is willing to stab or maim you to make their next mortgage payment or send their kid tuition money. After that assumption I never bothered to cultivate relationships through work.

^I'm not quite sure what happened there, Rambo, but it sounds like it sucks. So does this mean that you can't work with them anymore? Or you can work with them but the relationship won't be as good?
it does. well i could have continued on but what would the point be? they weren't sharing intel with me and I was sharing with them, and then they were sharing my info with others from their new group.
That sucks, man.

Will this affect your work? Or is it more of a social thing? Either way, it sounds bad.
work for sure. the closest analogy i can think of off hand would be if your team started reporting to a different manager in your department behind your back in the eventual goal of you being removed from your position like you were never there.

social thing as well as we had a group chat thing and a lot of personal info was shared. again, i legitimately thought these people were my friends.
Is your employment situation in jeopardy?

I assume everyone at work is willing to stab or maim you to make their next mortgage payment or send their kid tuition money. After that assumption I never bothered to cultivate relationships through work.
in this field it all fuck you im not telling you my secrets go figure it out yourself. so i relied on, much to my detriment, other people too much. its come back to bite me in the ass. my employment is tied to how much money i can make, and without a steady source of info, its more difficult to find the good opportunities to make money. this is very information based. like being in sales and losing all your leads and clients and having to start over.

I always suspected Rambo was a drug importer/dealer.

Did you confront these shits? Is there any way you can make their work life difficult now? Sow seeds of doubt and mistrust in their new group? sounds like you need some revenge.

in this field it all fuck you im not telling you my secrets go figure it out yourself. so i relied on, much to my detriment, other people too much. its come back to bite me in the ass. my employment is tied to how much money i can make, and without a steady source of info, its more difficult to find the good opportunities to make money. this is very information based. like being in sales and losing all your leads and clients and having to start over.

I happen to believe there is never any true altruism. It seems like results can get you back on track so now it's whether you wanted to achieve it to get back to par whilst putting up with your co-workers.

I always suspected Rambo was a drug importer/dealer.

Did you confront these shits? Is there any way you can make their work life difficult now? Sow seeds of doubt and mistrust in their new group? sounds like you need some revenge.
there's no point. ive already been ostracized. its like being kicked out of the church and then banging on the door to have them let you back in.
I happen to believe there is never any true altruism. It seems like results can get you back on track so now it's whether you wanted to achieve it to get back to par whilst putting up with your co-workers.
yes but now ive got to do it all myself without any ideas and thats not really my forte. im more of a grinder than i am an inventor.

regardless at this point ive basically got to cut off my identity online and become a completely new person to try to get back in to the inner circles somehow.

there's no point. ive already been ostracized. its like being kicked out of the church and then banging on the door to have them let you back in.

giphy.gif

id laugh if i wasn't so depressed about my future.

Work harder or work on something else. Unfortunately sitting still, moaning and waiting for a government handout isn't going to help anyone.

The only way to get out of a hole is climb out of it.

I got shafted by my arch-nemesis, which up until that moment had been on very friendly terms with. For the next several months he was working me out. It left me enraged for years afterwards, how I had been so duped. In my experience these set-backs are only temporary and for the best in the long term.

Edit: To paraphrase Winston Churchill - If you have enemies, then good, it means you're doing something!

Last edited:
I walked into a pharmacy today with an umbrella, a gift bag and my briefcase. It was raining outside so my umbrella was wet. The security points to the hand sanitizer so I am juggling everything to sanitize. Then he tells me to move back and motions his hand towards the outside. I look at him strangely thinking the gift bag or something bought in another store was the issue but it was the umbrella. He said with his Indian accent muffled under a mask - droplets. Covid. Cannot come inside. So I said "okay, I'll put it here?" He points and nods.

Never mind all this time I am walking around without a mask so God knows what other droplets are coming into the store.

Tomorrow I have to manage:
* An expanding pandemic
* civil unrest associated with George Floyd’s funeral
* An approaching tropical storm
* A small scale radiological event

Nothing exciting. There is a whole bunch of mildly radioactive material in the medical center which is monitored by counter-terror units because it could theoretically be used to make a crude and inefficient dirty bomb. It all has to be accounted for and tracked, with certain events increasing readiness levels. Yet it’s not uncommon for the janitor to throw something in the trash they shouldn’t and then set of detectors somewhere else.

Walking 10k-15k every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and aiming for 5k for the rest of the days to try to lose weight.

My mother says my face is fat too. 36S jackets are pulling or barely buttoning. 38S still okay.

Walking 10k-15k every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and aiming for 5k for the rest of the days to try to lose weight.

My mother says my face is fat too. 36S jackets are pulling or barely buttoning. 38S still okay.
dont feel bad. everyone's getting fat during quarantine.

Nothing exciting. There is a whole bunch of mildly radioactive material in the medical center which is monitored by counter-terror units because it could theoretically be used to make a crude and inefficient dirty bomb. It all has to be accounted for and tracked, with certain events increasing readiness levels. Yet it’s not uncommon for the janitor to throw something in the trash they shouldn’t and then set of detectors somewhere else.

Over the years I've been involved in a few investigations into radioactive sources going missing, or entering the supply chain. The last one was the Cobalt-60 source that entered a pour of stainless steel in an Indian steel mill. The contamination was first found in lift buttons in Canada. It went global across stainless steel supplies. I was involved in setting-up mitigation processes to protect the supply chain and end user client.

At least you're still in boy sized jackets.

At least you're still in boy sized jackets.

On the contrary I was grew in my 20s up to 40S and was about to buy 42S and that's not because I didn't understand the concept of fit. I was simply getting fat.

But then I did my secondment in London and survived on a once a day diet of takeaway salads from M&S or Tesco along with London Pride on Fridays and I got down to where I am today.

Had to call office depot customer service and, of course i got a rep in the phillippines. This time i got a rep who had a live rooster crowing in the background.

Had to call office depot customer service and, of course i got a rep in the phillippines. This time i got a rep who had a live rooster crowing in the background.

Offshore workers who get paid peanuts need to work from home too in this pandemic.

She disconnected me so i had to call back. Now this rep has a rooster at the house as well.

She disconnected me so i had to call back. Now this rep has a rooster at the house as well.

In the building I'm in, there's a back office accountancy firm that only works for the local councils and government here. They do everything in the Phillippines. The costs are higher than using local resources. You know when a company set's itself up to only work for government bodies and local councils, it will be one big swindle.

Maybe they're all in the same house?

Then again, there are plenty of roosters in SE Asia. When I was backpacking around there, you were always woken early by roosters crowing, or the muezzin calling the faithful to prayer.

In the building I'm in, there's a back office accountancy firm that only works for the local councils and government here. They do everything in the Phillippines. The costs are higher than using local resources. You know when a company set's itself up to only work for government bodies and local councils, it will be one big swindle.

But your local resources don't speak English with an inflection acceptable to yanks which is why Philippines commands a premium over India in the world of call centres.

But your local resources don't speak English with an inflection acceptable to yanks which is why Philippines commands a premium over India in the world of call centres.

No, they have a team to front it to the clients here. They're all Dutch. I don't think the clients deal direct with the Philippines.

Maybe they're all in the same house?

Then again, there are plenty of roosters in SE Asia. When I was backpacking around there, you were always woken early by roosters crowing, or the muezzin calling the faithful to prayer.

Somehow I associated you and backpacking to touring places like Kyoto, Hokkaido, Singapore, Taipei...the more civilised places.

I didn't know you roughed it.

I dont know what drug addict thought that this was the case but i hate him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom