A Futile and Stupid Gesture: The History of the First Trump Presidency & Q-Anon

Politicians are pieces of shit. Pretty much the entire lot of them. Jes sayin

Barry's AF1 jacket is nicer than Donny T's Gerald Ford jacket.
 
On Earth 2 I don't falsely equate an aggressor's illegal use of chemical weapons on innocent people versus an accidental death. If drowned kids are so important to you, how many life vests have you mailed to Syria? If the answer is 0 then maybe you should move to Earth 2 where virtue signalling is banned.

Virtue signaling would be me listing all my charitable giving here and shaming you for not matching. Me stating again that we should allow refugees so they aren't drowning senselessly is a policy position. One that I tell my representatives repeatedly. I'd be happy to settle some in my neighborhood.

One of these days we will get out the doll and you can show us where the SJW touched you. The space those 10 people occupy in your head is astounding.
 
Virtue signaling would be me listing all my charitable giving here and shaming you for not matching. Me stating again that we should allow refugees so they aren't drowning senselessly is a policy position. One that I tell my representatives repeatedly. I'd be happy to settle some in my neighborhood.

One of these days we will get out the doll and you can show us where the SJW touched you. The space those 10 people occupy in your head is astounding.

Not accurate. Virtue signaling is when you publicly express your views or solidarity to demonstrate your moral superiority, and usually comes with 0 real commitment to the subject.

And guess what, you are willing to settle a refugee in your neighborhood, at which point they become a shared social burden, which I have to pay for, because you are so morally correct on a subject, I get to contribute even though I don't want to, woo hoo.

In war, we call these people chicken hawks.

I was a pretty liberal person until being liberal became a conservative position when you lot started trashing it with blue hair, trannies, the immigration free for all, and the Most Oppressed Olympics (TM).
 
The tendency to identify with ideology, people or party over policy is a tragic failing of the political human.
 
Not accurate. Virtue signaling is when you publicly express your views or solidarity to demonstrate your moral superiority, and usually comes with 0 real commitment to the subject.

And guess what, you are willing to settle a refugee in your neighborhood, at which point they become a shared social burden, which I have to pay for, because you are so morally correct on a subject, I get to contribute even though I don't want to, woo hoo.

In war, we call these people chicken hawks.

I was a pretty liberal person until being liberal became a conservative position when you lot started trashing it with blue hair, trannies, the immigration free for all, and the Most Oppressed Olympics (TM).


You'd be pretty hard pressed to twist logic up enough to say someone who doesn't believe in morals is trying to demonstrate moral superiority, but given your fondness for logical fallacy I wouldn't put it past you.

I also seriously don't know what most of those things in your last paragraph are.
 
I guess I have to quote myself.

falsely equating an aggressor's illegal use of chemical weapons on innocent people versus an accidental death.
 
Accidental death? Like they were on a family yachting day on the lake and the lad fell overboard?

Don't you think the death of hundreds who perished trying to escape from the ISIS invaders is a little different?

And before you lump me in with the other bleeding heart refugee advocates, let me say my preference would be to assist people fleeing from areas like Kobane to get to safer areas behind the lines. We should be supporting their temporary resettlement there, where they can contribute to the war effort to regain their towns from the Daesh scum.
 
I do not equate them, if you notice, someone else did.

It was an accidental death. Do you think they were intending to kill the kid? Either the boat capsized, it was overloaded, weather, whatever. Nobody shot holes in the boat so it sunk.

I'm not lumping you in with anyone. In my view Saudi Arabia should step up because they literally have a tent city that can house a few hundred thousand and it's sitting there empty.

But ya, its gotta be the white guy's problem because it's racist to suggest Arabs should step up and help solve Arab problems. Have a look at this perfect situation in the photo below. But Saudi's are some racist ass people and wont do shit. Where are the twitterings about racist S Arabia? Just reserve the leftist racist jargon for American white guys that don't want to get involved in another world's problem?

mina-tent-city-13%25255B5%25255D.jpg
 
For the last fucking time: Kurds are not Arabs.

Secondly, the boy's death was a direct result of ISIS forces invading his city. His parents fled to stay alive. It wasn't accident. It's part of a systematic program of grnocide.

Again, I'd rather keep refugees safe behind the lines. But if that is not possible, then look to the example of Polish refugees fleeing Hitler's and Stalin. They were given refuge in allied countries, where they were armed and trained to take back their homeland. Polish women worked in the Elglish fields while their husbands and fathers fought alongside the Brits to liberate their country.

Most Kurds are fighting and taking ground from ISIS every day.its as close to a model society as you will find in the region. It has the resources to be economically viable.

I fully support assisting refugees and smashing ISIS, I just don't see why so many countries are taking Syrian Kurds into long-term resettlement programmes
 
Not accurate. Virtue signaling is when you publicly express your views or solidarity to demonstrate your moral superiority, and usually comes with 0 real commitment to the subject.

And guess what, you are willing to settle a refugee in your neighborhood, at which point they become a shared social burden, which I have to pay for, because you are so morally correct on a subject, I get to contribute even though I don't want to, woo hoo.

In war, we call these people chicken hawks.

I was a pretty liberal person until being liberal became a conservative position when you lot started trashing it with blue hair, trannies, the immigration free for all, and the Most Oppressed Olympics (TM).

Anyone who advocates blindly accepting refugees in your neighborhood is a fool. You want to know the demographic including sex and age, extent of religious fervour, educational level, whether they're likley to be a burden to the welfare state and who's going to pay for them long term. Numbers come into it to, some villages here in Europe have been swamped with more asylum seekers then villagers.

The local authorities here have resorted to tactics of informing the local populalance with meetings suddenly announced the day before, so that those against the proposals are not organized in time. In the next town to mine they tried this tactic and they planned to build an asylum center right next to the swimming baths. With what has gone on in German public swimming baths this seems absolute folly. Nevertheless, those who attended the meeting told the local government and municipal representatives that they would accept families genuinely fleeing persecution, but if they were young single men, then that would not be acceptable and the community woud rally against it. Since then, no asylum center has built and a row of private houses has been built next to the swimming baths. A very wise outcome me thinks.

Other towns have rioted and those arrested have been given stiff jail sentences. Others too have resorted to death threats to councillors and some have received bullets and other undisclosed threats. However, the legal resistence is proving equally successful and the word is now out how you can protect the integrity of your communities from Merkel's marauders.

We have a massive societal problem we must face and pretending that accepting everyone in tend and befriend mode will all make it somehow better, is a deadly mistake. There are limits to who we accept, limits to what we can afford and limits too to our compassion.

For the last fucking time: Kurds are not Arabs.

Secondly, the boy's death was a direct result of ISIS forces invading his city. His parents fled to stay alive. It wasn't accident. It's part of a systematic program of grnocide.

Again, I'd rather keep refugees safe behind the lines. But if that is not possible, then look to the example of Polish refugees fleeing Hitler's and Stalin. They were given refuge in allied countries, where they were armed and trained to take back their homeland. Polish women worked in the Elglish fields while their husbands and fathers fought alongside the Brits to liberate their country.

Most Kurds are fighting and taking ground from ISIS every day.its as close to a model society as you will find in the region. It has the resources to be economically viable.

I fully support assisting refugees and smashing ISIS, I just don't see why so many countries are taking Syrian Kurds into long-term resettlement programmes

The boy's death was a direct result of the reckless actions of Angela Merkel and his father who (i)did not purchase enough life jackets for his family, he did however, buy one for himself which he used (ii) despite having asylum in Turkey decided he wanted to claim asylum elsewhere and (iii) Angela Merkel unilaterally invited the whole of the Third World to come and live on the dole in the EU without due respect for law, societal order and UN conventions on refugees.
 
Last edited:
Anyone who advocates blindly accepting refugees in your neighborhood is a fool. You want to know the demographic including sex and age, extent of religious fervour, educational level, whether they're likley to be a burden to the welfare state and who's going to pay for them long term. Numbers come into it to, some villages here in Europe have been swamped with more asylum seekers then villagers.

The local authorities here have resorted to tactics of informing the local populalance with meetings suddenly announced the day before, so that those against the proposals are not organized in time. In the next town to mine they tried this tactic and they planned to build an asylum center right next to the swimming baths. With what has gone on in German public swimming baths this seems absolute folly. Nevertheless, those who attended the meeting told the local government and municipal representatives that they would accept families genuinely fleeing persecution, but if they were young single men, then that would not be acceptable and the community woud rally against it. Since then, no asylum center has built and a row of private houses has been built next to the swimming baths. A very wise outcome me thinks.

Other towns have rioted and those arrested have been given stiff jail sentences. Others too have resorted to death threats to councillors and some have received bullets and other undisclosed threats. However, the legal resistence is proving equally successful and the word is now out how you can protect the integrity of your communities from Merkel's marauders.

We have a massive societal problem we must face and pretending that accepting everyone in tend and befriend mode will all make it somehow better, is a deadly mistake. There are limits to who we accept, limits to what we can afford and limits too to our compassion.



The boy's death was a direct result of the reckless actions of Angela Merkel and his father who (i)did not purchase enough life jackets for his family, he did however, buy one for himself which he used (ii) despite having asylum in Turkey decided he wanted to claim asylum elsewhere and (iii) Angela Merkel unilaterally invited the whole of the Third World to come and live on the dole in the EU without due respect for law, societal order and UN conventions on refugees.

I've seen approximately zero people advocate blindly resetting refugees.
 
I do not equate them, if you notice, someone else did.

It was an accidental death. Do you think they were intending to kill the kid? Either the boat capsized, it was overloaded, weather, whatever. Nobody shot holes in the boat so it sunk.

I'm not lumping you in with anyone. In my view Saudi Arabia should step up because they literally have a tent city that can house a few hundred thousand and it's sitting there empty.

But ya, its gotta be the white guy's problem because it's racist to suggest Arabs should step up and help solve Arab problems. Have a look at this perfect situation in the photo below. But Saudi's are some racist ass people and wont do shit. Where are the twitterings about racist S Arabia? Just reserve the leftist racist jargon for American white guys that don't want to get involved in another world's problem?

mina-tent-city-13%25255B5%25255D.jpg


Aww, poor whitey.

Let me help. No one has equated anything, you replied to a post mocking Trumps affinity for pictures and highlighting his lack of humanity.

There's approximately 100x more critical coverage of The Kingdoms problems than calling White Males racist on Twitter by the way, not to let facts get in the way of a good rant.
 
For the last fucking time: Kurds are not Arabs.

Why do I get visions of Dennis Quaid's George W Bush parody in American Dreamz?

President Staton: Did you know there are two kinds of Iraqistanis? I mean, actually, three?
Chief of Staff: You mean Sunnis and Shi'ites and Kurds?
President Staton: You knew about this?
 
Aww, poor whitey.

Let me help. No one has equated anything, you replied to a post mocking Trumps affinity for pictures and highlighting his lack of humanity.

There's approximately 100x more critical coverage of The Kingdoms problems than calling White Males racist on Twitter by the way, not to let facts get in the way of a good rant.

If you have to resort to poor whitey, you're cornered.

Your twitterings were about a douchebag asking Tump if the gassed kids affected him, then how about the refugees. So that twitterer guy equated it, and you re-twitteringed it, so you virtue signaled.

I think Lord Buckley Lord Buckley dropped some facts about the father of the drowned kid, and they seem accurate, so a guy already given asylum in Turkey still had to get to the white man's promise land in Germany, and his kid drowned.

But hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good virtue signal and blind hatred of Trump.
 
Kurds getting asylum in Turkey isn't too far from Polish Jews getting asylum in Nazi Germany.

Note that Alan Kurdi's father chose to return to Kobane rather than stay in Turkey when the first ISIS offensive stalled. When they attacked again, the father tried again to get the family to safety in Greece - via Turkey.

There were various reports about the lifejackets on the boat being 'fake' or inefficient and adult sizes only.
 
Your twitterings were about a douchebag asking Tump if the gassed kids affected him, then how about the refugees. So that twitterer guy equated it, and you re-twitteringed it, so you virtue signaled.

You should re read. He said Trump is affected by pictures so maybe this picture would change his mind on refugees. Its quite clear.

You are going to your usual rabbit hole of assigning motivations to people that aren't there because you are so rabid about whatever point you are trying to make. To label any foreign policy that isn't "be a total dick to everyone " as "virtue signaling" is stupid and only shuts down any legitimate conversation.

Syria is Obama's biggest failing by a huge magnitude, and we should put resources into rectifying that, including bringing in refugees. This isn't virtue signaling, it's my policy position.
 
You should re read. He said Trump is affected by pictures so maybe this picture would change his mind on refugees. Its quite clear.

You are going to your usual rabbit hole of assigning motivations to people that aren't there because you are so rabid about whatever point you are trying to make. To label any foreign policy that isn't "be a total dick to everyone " as "virtue signaling" is stupid and only shuts down any legitimate conversation.

Syria is Obama's biggest failing by a huge magnitude, and we should put resources into rectifying that, including bringing in refugees. This isn't virtue signaling, it's my policy position.

Exactly. We're going in circles. The twitterer wanted to equate the two, and that was misguided.

I think people in Syria should stay and fight for themselves, that's my opinion. I think Saudi Arabia should take in all those refugees and leave non-muslim countries out of the refugee business. That's my policy position.

I'm not shutting down debate, I am calling what you did out as what it is: virtue signaling.

If you want some background on why I would rather not see muslims in western countries, please see here:

 
You should re read. He said Trump is affected by pictures so maybe this picture would change his mind on refugees. Its quite clear.

You are going to your usual rabbit hole of assigning motivations to people that aren't there because you are so rabid about whatever point you are trying to make.

The twitterer wanted to equate the two, and that was misguided.

...

I'm not shutting down debate, I am calling what you did out as what it is: virtue signaling.

You are still doing it.

If you want some background on why I would rather not see muslims in western countries, please see here:



Meanwhile, in non crazy talk, the U.S. is already a Muslim country, a Christian country, and atheist country...
 
I think people in Syria should stay and fight for themselves, that's my opinion. I think Saudi Arabia should take in all those refugees and leave non-muslim countries out of the refugee business. That's my policy position.

If you want some background on why

Again, you are making false assumptions about the conflict in Syria. It's not a war of religion.

The Saudis won't want the Kurds because they are largely atheists and non-believers.

Do you have an example of a Kurd engaging in a terror attack in Europe - not aimed at the Turkish government and motivated by Islamic belief?
 
Meanwhile, in non crazy talk, the U.S. is already a Muslim country, a Christian country, and atheist country...

I wish we were an atheist country. I was talking with a Dutch colleague who has been here a couple of years and he cannot believe how crazy religious we are, especially by developed-world-not-a-theocracy standards
 
I wish we were an atheist country. I was talking with a Dutch colleague who has been here a couple of years and he cannot believe how crazy religious we are, especially by developed-world-not-a-theocracy standards

Generally, atheists, agnostics and nothing's are the second largest group. About 20% or so of the country. Obviously this includes non denomination and such, but still, it's a huge chunk and rising. My point however is that there are massive quantities of basically any religion (or lack thereof) in the U.S., that are all good citizens and part of the very fabric of what America is.

I agree with your sentiment however.
 
Again, you are making false assumptions about the conflict in Syria. It's not a war of religion.

The Saudis won't want the Kurds because they are largely atheists and non-believers.

Do you have an example of a Kurd engaging in a terror attack in Europe - not aimed at the Turkish government and motivated by Islamic belief?

I've told you before, I am not interested in the dynamics in Syria. To me its just a fucked up country full of people that can't govern themselves.

So the saudis can't take Kurds but everyone else has to? And by the way, the Saudis won't take anyone at all.
 
So the saudis can't take Kurds but everyone else has to? And by the way, the Saudis won't take anyone at all.

I am not saying this to argue for refugees, only to point out my issue with the above argument:

What the Saudis should or should not be doing is irrelevant to our decision making.

I agree: all else equal, Middle Eastern countries probably bear greater responsibility. But their failure to shoulder that responsibility is not relevant to us.

If I see that a babysitter is letting her 5 year old care play in traffic while she's mucking about on her smartphone, my decision to rescue the kid should in no way involve consideration of the sitter's responsibility. It should involve my own morals and values, feasibility, and cost-benefit analysis.

It may be that after considering these things, I don't act to save the child/support a refugee policy, but it won't be because the sitter/Saudis are shirking their responsibility, it'll be because it did not make moral or practical sense to do so.
 
I am not saying this to argue for refugees, only to point out my issue with the above argument:

What the Saudis should or should not be doing is irrelevant to our decision making.

I agree: all else equal, Middle Eastern countries probably bear greater responsibility. But their failure to shoulder that responsibility is not relevant to us.

If I see that a babysitter is letting her 5 year old care play in traffic while she's mucking about on her smartphone, my decision to rescue the kid should in no way involve consideration of the sitter's responsibility. It should involve my own morals and values, feasibility, and cost-benefit analysis.

It may be that after considering these things, I don't act to save the child/support a refugee policy, but it won't be because the sitter/Saudis are shirking their responsibility, it'll be because it did not make moral or practical sense to do so.
i have no dog in this ideological fight but i find the argument interesting. the trouble with this line of reasoning is, at some point, you're going to wonder why all these fucking people keep letting their kids run into traffic and why you're the only one that keeps bothering to save them.
 
i have no dog in this ideological fight but i find the argument interesting. the trouble with this line of reasoning is, at some point, you're going to wonder why all these fucking people keep letting their kids run into traffic and why you're the only one that keeps bothering to save them.

That's basically the entire planet at this point. Except maybe Oz, Japan and some select Euro countries.
 
That's basically the entire planet at this point. Except maybe Oz, Japan and some select Euro countries.
true. how's that muslim integration to japan going? or china? or vietnam? i bet they're big in brazil. you know how much they love thong bathing suits.
 
i have no dog in this ideological fight but i find the argument interesting. the trouble with this line of reasoning is, at some point, you're going to wonder why all these fucking people keep letting their kids run into traffic and why you're the only one that keeps bothering to save them.

That's an important thing to wonder. Stepping outside the analogy, I'd suggest the Saudi's are assholes.

Stepping back into the analogy, that is still irrelevant to the question of what action you should take. At that point, there are only two actors of consequence: you and the child. If it appears that the sitter is willing to let the child play in traffic BECAUSE she is confident nothing bad will happen to her kid since you will be there to intervene, THEN it becomes relevant because her action is contingent on yours. This wouldn't justify, alone, letting the child play in traffic, but it at least makes her a relevant actor in the scenario influencing your choice. On the other hand, if the sitter is totally apathetic as to the child's fate, her behavior is entirely independent of your choice and then she again should be irrelevant in your decision making process.

Maybe the Saudi's aren't taking refugees because they know others will, or maybe the Saudi's wouldn't take refugees if they were the last habitable place on earth because they are assholes. I don't know.
 
The list didn't include America in case you didn't notice.

There was no list, in case you didn't notice.

It was based on this post, like, no list.

i have no dog in this ideological fight but i find the argument interesting. the trouble with this line of reasoning is, at some point, you're going to wonder why all these fucking people keep letting their kids run into traffic and why you're the only one that keeps bothering to save them.

This is starting to feel like a guy I'm beating the shit out of, and I don't want to, and want to stop out of compassion, but keeps asking you for more.

You're living in a world view that is wholly incompatible with reality. And I understand, I was there. Once you red pill, you'll understand too. You need to leave the Borg.

Reflectively watch this, it will help the butthurt.

 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom