Adult Daycare: Dealing with Employees

Classic one: The feedback from our clients on the calendars has been negative.......doesn't even allow sticky notes and........doesn't allow workers to use the same desk/workstation every day, they must move around to a different one.......another one has environmental concerns.....move towards more practucal objects such as tea mugs.

A simple ''None this year, thanks!'' would have been sufficient.

I was giving a direct some feedback today and he said "Not everyone works like you fwiffo for 12 hours a day 7 days a week"

Really? That's what people think of me?

I was giving a direct some feedback today and he said "Not everyone works like you fwiffo for 12 hours a day 7 days a week"

Really? That's what people think of me?

I was once told by a Japanese colleague who had gone native in Barcelona that I had a Japanese work ethic. He didn't say that as a compliment.

Had a Japanese client in today and on my now famous Girl With The Pearl Earring/Rembrandt/Escher et al and architecture whirlwind tour who confirmed that pretty much the old way of Japanese working is dead and it really is 9-5 or 8-5 for 5 days a week. No longer 7 days a week 18 hour days.

I was once told by a Japanese colleague who had gone native in Barcelona that I had a Japanese work ethic. He didn't say that as a compliment.

Had a Japanese client in today and on my now famous Girl With The Pearl Earring/Rembrandt/Escher et al and architecture whirlwind tour who confirmed that pretty much the old way of Japanese working is dead and it really is 9-5 or 8-5 for 5 days a week. No longer 7 days a week 18 hour days.

What about the 35 hour French work week?

32 hours now. Something to aspire to.

NO. The 12 hours a day 7 days a week salaryman would be lost with all that free time. His liver would be occupied beyond the level that it currently is and will be so big that it will actually live outside of his body partially like a mutant from Total Recall.

NO. The 12 hours a day 7 days a week salaryman would be lost with all that free time. His liver would be occupied beyond the level that it currently is and will be so big that it will actually live outside of his body partially like a mutant from Total Recall.
i await my future quato

i await my future quato

At the behest of the few people who care about my welfare on this forum I have given up drinking.

Employee engagement scores

Who the bloody hell cares whether you enjoy your employee experience - that's what the money is for.

I've been on a project for the last 3 months to create a dashboard for the Chief HR Officer to illustrate employee engagement and experience internally.

I think what's more absurd is that few if any people understand statistics or how to even design a basic chart.

I've been on a project for the last 3 months to create a dashboard for the Chief HR Officer to illustrate employee engagement and experience internally.

I think what's more absurd is that few if any people understand statistics or how to even design a basic chart.

I was at a meeting earlier today where they were proposing a Domino pizza type dashboard in-the-oven type thing for some mega-project that you already have planning tools for and a Domino pizza dashboard isn't going to be able to capture the complexity.

I asked my direct to fire one of his staff and human resources says we can't fire people so close to Christmas. Redundancies can resume in the new year. Some people were terminated a few days ago but apparently that was the last batch. Now we have to stare at this bastard for the rest of the year.

Tell them to press mute.

I had to take their ability to use sound away as they kept on putting the radio on ever so quiet in an open plan office, despite being told not to do it. They'll be a bit miffed when they come in on Monday morning!

I had to take their ability to use sound away as they kept on putting the radio on ever so quiet in an open plan office, despite being told not to do it. They'll be a bit miffed when they come in on Monday morning!

You're the only one to blame for putting everyone in an open plan office because you wanted cost savings.

My workplace has finally blocked Dressedwell across Americas. I have to resort to using my mobile or guest Wi-Fi.

You're the only one to blame for putting everyone in an open plan office because you wanted cost savings.

I had a look at some new offices today, a load of old fashioned crap. The future ain't those style of 1970-1990s offices. Which the idiots here are still pushing.

Some of the stories doing the rounds on the working environment in the European Patent Office and some other bodies you would not believe the culture of bullying and endemic jockeying for dominance, control and rampant attempts at corruption from EU nations - aIl allegedly I might add. The suicides are real enough though. The court cases from the families all end in being thrown out. And so it continues. But, I might add, the Munich office is sound enough, so if you go to work for them, go there young man.

So nothing surprises me.....

And I have my own nasty madness to contend with. One office country manager accused some low level coordinator in the UK of bullying them and also someone else in a certain discipline. It was actually the opposite, they were bullying them to get special treatment to be excluded from due process. So I had to stamp down.

Cultural differences are real, the EU attempt, or shall I say, on-going attempt to create the EU-super-person, is an epic failure.

As the very definition of an intrepid internationalist global business person, I travel to places all around the globe and I find the same office environment infrastructure everywhere, it's all the same. But it is the culture that is the decisive factor. In my experience, cultural differences are extremely underplayed, they are the essential element.

Last edited:
I initiated an inquiry on the employment status of certain employees in Central America in the corporate directory. Why are they listed as terminated when clearly they are still working and employed. After 10 hours of e-mails/escalations/iMessage I get a response. After 15 hours I figured out how these things work. I write an e-mail to India. I call Thailand. Thailand escalates to Germany. Germany e-mails India to tell them to respond to my e-mail. The first time after 10 hours of random e-mailing that I figured this out it was a 2 hour cycle. Then I got it down to 1 hour cycles and got 3 rounds in before 2am when I collapsed in bed.

I am positive NASA must have an easier time contacting spacecraft and over on Mars.

I have 3 people in this office today including myself. There are 2 private offices and a break out row of desks in a third office and two conference rooms with doors.

Yet for a seating plan of 35, the other 2 blokes decide to sit next to each other at barely 1m distance and proceed to take conference calls and bark at their screens without masks.

One wears a mask when he leaves the office to buy coffee. The other takes transit and doesn't wear one at all. I mentioned a few times they might want to space out but ultimately I am not their father.

I brought hand sanitizer and left it near the door but apparently that doesn't mean please go and use it upon entry/exit.

I initiated an inquiry on the employment status of certain employees in Central America in the corporate directory. Why are they listed as terminated when clearly they are still working and employed. After 10 hours of e-mails/escalations/iMessage I get a response. After 15 hours I figured out how these things work. I write an e-mail to India. I call Thailand. Thailand escalates to Germany. Germany e-mails India to tell them to respond to my e-mail. The first time after 10 hours of random e-mailing that I figured this out it was a 2 hour cycle. Then I got it down to 1 hour cycles and got 3 rounds in before 2am when I collapsed in bed.

I am positive NASA must have an easier time contacting spacecraft and over on Mars.

We have similar matrix nightmare organisation structure with clients. A lot of agility and expertise is being lost.

About 70% of my team are veterans. In normal times it’s not a significant different- maybe the ones without military experience are slightly smarter. But in the middle of a bifmg response like this the civvies drove me mental with their inability to understand chain of command. They send emails out like shotgun blasts and just make a mess of all the comms. It’s infuriating wasting time straightening it all out every day.

About 70% of my team are veterans. In normal times it’s not a significant different- maybe the ones without military experience are slightly smarter. But in the middle of a bifmg response like this the civvies drove me mental with their inability to understand chain of command. They send emails out like shotgun blasts and just make a mess of all the comms. It’s infuriating wasting time straightening it all out every day.

You will find those from strange corporate cultures will also escalate above your head thinking it will persuade you to get things done for them. I never understood that philosophy especially if they don't even bother approaching you in the first place.

You will find those from strange corporate cultures will also escalate above your head thinking it will persuade you to get things done for them. I never understood that philosophy especially if they don't even bother approaching you in the first place.

The worst part is that there is usually no I’ll intent. The rest of us all brace ourselves because we assume it’s a coup or a stab in the back, but they are just well meaning, chaotic talking-out-loud types. They will jump over people in the chain of command when communicating up, down or sideways.

Monday, I thought one of my teams was staging a coup against their manager. But they were just bringing some ideas to me ‘to get my thoughts’ without considering maybe their boss would like to be part of that conversation as well.

I’m going to get some cheat sheets made-up: ‘if you email X and Y, you must copy A,B and C’ and ‘if you task Z With work, you need to inform D, E and F’

Lol “civvies” hahahhahha. What the fuck

Youre a civvy
I know that, dropbear is just an absolute idiot trying to sound tactical and shit. Who talks like that in a forum?

an idiot. I work with a lot of Veterans, and none of them talk like that.

Lol. Because there’s nothing more tactical than sending an email through the proper chain of command. 🙄

Lol. Because there’s nothing more tactical than sending an email through the proper chain of command. 🙄
“Comms”

“civvies”
Stop trying to sound cool “bruh” and then maybe you will be a bit more likeable.

There's someone that sounds stupid here...

good to see you haven't changed one bit in the past few years.
No reason to change a winning formula. Also, dropbear can defend himself or ignore Mme. very east

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom