Agreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

A nice pair of trousers:

Screenshot (243).webp
Screenshot (244).webp
Screenshot (245).webp
 
Thats not a belt Pimp, thats the extended waist closure. Either the buttons fell off or, he's not done it up to pretend he's going for the sack of shit look after realising his pants have totally lost their shape.
I think he is referring to the guy in jeans.

Why do people wear DBs open?
 
ok i don't recall running into that "name" before. so if its not a brand and its not the name of the manufacturer, does it have any significance other than as a descriptor?
The book originally had cloths made out of a mix of Linen and Mohair and so is a kind of portmanteau of Linen and Mohair.

I've had several things made from that book over the years. It quite an old book relatively speaking.
 
Browsing his IG, apparently it’s a Hardy Minnis’ Riviera





img_2632-jpg.701603

God, I have a jacket from cloth from that book. It was discontinued years ago. 8oz summer jacketing IIRC.
 
The book originally had cloths made out of a mix of Linen and Mohair and so is a kind of portmanteau of Linen and Mohair.

I've had several things made from that book over the years. It quite an old book relatively speaking.
thank you! thats what i was trying to figure out.
 
The book originally had cloths made out of a mix of Linen and Mohair and so is a kind of portmanteau of Linen and Mohair.

I've had several things made from that book over the years. It quite an old book relatively speaking.
Yep.
 
I like the colour of this jacket. Does anyone have any idea where I may find something similar?

View attachment 39401

Browsing his IG, apparently it’s a Hardy Minnis’ Riviera





img_2632-jpg.701603

Very nice look.
 
Sorry, he looks like a sack of shit. Far too much cloth in the upper of those pants Once the crease goes in a cloth like that your fucked.
I disagree. Linen typically creases, it's part of its charm. I also like the roomy, old-fashioned cut of those trousers.
 
Great colour combination, bold but not flashy, nice cut and fit, classic brown plaid cloth and grey flannel with the little extravagance of the denim: what's so ridiculous about it?
Extravagance can become eccentricity, Floris. But this is basically just a mess. On its own the jacket is okay but the combo is nasty.
 
I respect your opinion, Sammy, but I like the look. As always: de gustibus non est disputandum".
There is certainly no law determining what is good and bad dressing. At the end of the day, it's art as we all know. And art matters so having disagreements over what is good art and bad art is a worthwhile pursuit.
 
These all look dreadful. Is it a 'who can look the most disreputable and scruffy ' reality show?
Urbancompo has gone for that late 40s/early 50s Italian look. Got it pretty bang on tbf. 500g pants in the Italian summer though. Phew.

gettyimages-155761689-612x612.webp

gettyimages-155761737-612x612.webp





I wonder if trousers are going to go that baggy over the next couple of years? Not in my wardrobe, that is for sure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom