belinmad
Damn Tacky Big Collar Daddy
- Messages
- 2,781
I agreeTies a tad long but you know what, I kinda like it. Colours are great in this image.
View attachment 39371
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I agreeTies a tad long but you know what, I kinda like it. Colours are great in this image.
View attachment 39371
Very nice colour combination, nice cut and fit, beautiful lapel. As you say, the tie could be shorter and without the ugly penor, but it's undoubtedly a very nice look.Ties a tad long but you know what, I kinda like it. Colours are great in this image.
View attachment 39371
I'm not happy with that shade of green in the tie, or maybe the amount of it compared to the blue. A fractionally smaller green stripe would hit the nail on the head. But preferably not a striped tie at all.Ties a tad long but you know what, I kinda like it. Colours are great in this image.
View attachment 39371
That's nice.Ties a tad long but you know what, I kinda like it. Colours are great in this image.
View attachment 39371
Still a nice pair. Pleasantly wide considered the nowadays standards.View attachment 39385
Three hours later...
Long time since I've seen the dangling belt look.View attachment 39385
Three hours later...
Sorry, he looks like a sack of shit. Far too much cloth in the upper of those pants Once the crease goes in a cloth like that your fucked.Still a nice pair. Pleasantly wide considered the nowadays standards.
Thats not a belt Pimp, thats the extended waist closure. Either the buttons fell off or, he's not done it up to pretend he's going for the sack of shit look after realising his pants have totally lost their shape.Long time since I've seen the dangling belt look.
Ask him?I like the colour of this jacket. Does anyone have any idea where I may find something similar?
View attachment 39401
is mersolair a brand name?
I like the colour of this jacket. Does anyone have any idea where I may find something similar?
View attachment 39401
is mersolair a brand name?
Its a book of cloth by Harrisonsis mersolair a brand name?
How do I do that?Ask him?
I think he is referring to the guy in jeans.Thats not a belt Pimp, thats the extended waist closure. Either the buttons fell off or, he's not done it up to pretend he's going for the sack of shit look after realising his pants have totally lost their shape.
It's a range.
ok i don't recall running into that "name" before. so if its not a brand and its not the name of the manufacturer, does it have any significance other than as a descriptor?Its a book of cloth by Harrisons
The book originally had cloths made out of a mix of Linen and Mohair and so is a kind of portmanteau of Linen and Mohair.ok i don't recall running into that "name" before. so if its not a brand and its not the name of the manufacturer, does it have any significance other than as a descriptor?
Peter Zottolo, known and reachable as urbancomposition, either on IG or SF.How do I do that?
Piacenza do a wonderful herringbone shade in that colour. Not as wide a stripe of course. Great touch.I like the colour of this jacket. Does anyone have any idea where I may find something similar?
View attachment 39401
Peter Zottolo, known and reachable as urbancomposition, either on IG or SF.
Harrison's Mersolair is a collection of linen and cotton fabrics.ok i don't recall running into that "name" before. so if its not a brand and its not the name of the manufacturer, does it have any significance other than as a descriptor?
Browsing his IG, apparently it’s a Hardy Minnis’ Riviera
Vintage Hardy Minnis Riviera Glenplaid Jacketing Fabric 2M
Selling a 2M length of the discontinued Hardy Minnis Riviera. Great fabric for a spring/summer sports jacket. Most accurate color is the one under the sun. Price includes shipping globally!www.styleforum.net
![]()
thank you! thats what i was trying to figure out.The book originally had cloths made out of a mix of Linen and Mohair and so is a kind of portmanteau of Linen and Mohair.
I've had several things made from that book over the years. It quite an old book relatively speaking.
Yep.The book originally had cloths made out of a mix of Linen and Mohair and so is a kind of portmanteau of Linen and Mohair.
I've had several things made from that book over the years. It quite an old book relatively speaking.
I like the colour of this jacket. Does anyone have any idea where I may find something similar?
View attachment 39401
Browsing his IG, apparently it’s a Hardy Minnis’ Riviera
Vintage Hardy Minnis Riviera Glenplaid Jacketing Fabric 2M
Selling a 2M length of the discontinued Hardy Minnis Riviera. Great fabric for a spring/summer sports jacket. Most accurate color is the one under the sun. Price includes shipping globally!www.styleforum.net
![]()
Nice jacket, shame about the effete slip-ons.Very nice look.
Haha!Long time since I've seen the dangling belt look.
I disagree. Linen typically creases, it's part of its charm. I also like the roomy, old-fashioned cut of those trousers.Sorry, he looks like a sack of shit. Far too much cloth in the upper of those pants Once the crease goes in a cloth like that your fucked.
I don't think that denim shirt belongs in that outfit. And the tie just can't be tied properly given the disparities of fabric and the collar spread.Another nice attire of the same guy.
View attachment 39407View attachment 39408View attachment 39409
These all look dreadful. Is it a 'who can look the most disreputable and scruffy ' reality show?View attachment 39385
Three hours later...
That looks ridiculousAnother nice attire of the same guy.
View attachment 39407View attachment 39408View attachment 39409
Great colour combination, bold but not flashy, nice cut and fit, classic brown plaid cloth and grey flannel with the little extravagance of the denim: what's so ridiculous about it?That looks ridiculous
Extravagance can become eccentricity, Floris. But this is basically just a mess. On its own the jacket is okay but the combo is nasty.Great colour combination, bold but not flashy, nice cut and fit, classic brown plaid cloth and grey flannel with the little extravagance of the denim: what's so ridiculous about it?
I respect your opinion, Sammy, but I like the look. As always: de gustibus non est disputandum".Extravagance can become eccentricity, Floris. But this is basically just a mess. On its own the jacket is okay but the combo is nasty.
Except when the tie is too long, of course.As always: de gustibus non est disputandum".
There is certainly no law determining what is good and bad dressing. At the end of the day, it's art as we all know. And art matters so having disagreements over what is good art and bad art is a worthwhile pursuit.I respect your opinion, Sammy, but I like the look. As always: de gustibus non est disputandum".
Urbancompo has gone for that late 40s/early 50s Italian look. Got it pretty bang on tbf. 500g pants in the Italian summer though. Phew.These all look dreadful. Is it a 'who can look the most disreputable and scruffy ' reality show?