Car Talk

watched a video on the new Jeep/Dodge products, everything is 60K plus. I thought people are losing their jobs, who are buying these cars.

there's a reason sub-prime and standard auto delinquencies are at an all time high.

A fully loaded Jeep Wagoneer potentially over 100k, aren't these supposed to be family haulers.

Saw some one hopping out of the new 2021 Yukon Denali the other day, she looked younger than me with 3 kids. Either everyone is in debt or 6 figure salaries just aint cutting it anymore

message-editor%2F1608216759572-dui.png

most of the younger guys i see have ford f-150's
Not really youth related. F-150s are the best trucks on the road by a mile. I have about 20 or so of them right now, its night and day compared to the other makes.

Not really youth related. F-150s are the best trucks on the road by a mile. I have about 20 or so of them right now, its night and day compared to the other makes.
no argument from all the reports i've gotten. just saying that demographics point to the older generation seemingly liking the dodge ram more for some reason.

i need some advice on a small to mid-size suv. has to get good gas mileage and shouldn't be a hatchback or one of those dopey crossovers. no toyotas. any recommendations? im on a honda kick lately so i was looking at the new CR-V. seems nice.

My wife’s CR-V is 10 years old and going strong. The in-laws have a new Subaru that they seem happy with.

i need some advice on a small to mid-size suv. has to get good gas mileage and shouldn't be a hatchback or one of those dopey crossovers. no toyotas. any recommendations? im on a honda kick lately so i was looking at the new CR-V. seems nice.

RAV-4 or CX-5. If you want to upgrade a little, Lexus NX.

What is wrong with Toyotas? I am not in the market for compact SUVs, but if I were, RAV 4 hybrid would be the one I go for.

I have never personally owned any Mazdas myself, but I have 2 friends who both have CX-5 and they tell me how much they love those things. No problems at all except maintanence.

My SIL has a Nissan Murano Grand Potentate Grand Potentate , another option you can look at. My aunt's RAV-4 has been a fantastic car as well.

To be honest, anything in that segment is pretty much bulletproof, so you can't go wrong.

Completely forgot about the Murano. You can get the platinum trim barely used for good price. The V6 is punchy and CVT is not as bothersome.

My SIL has a Nissan Murano Grand Potentate Grand Potentate , another option you can look at. My aunt's RAV-4 has been a fantastic car as well.

To be honest, anything in that segment is pretty much bulletproof, so you can't go wrong.
This is what i was thinking. I have heard a lot of negative reports about the korean cars.

Drove a 2020 Subaru Outback over the weekend in the Colorado blizzard, handled the snow/ice/slush/snow piles amazingly. Never lost traction and ABL never kicked in. Amazing car.

Drove a 2020 Subaru Outback over the weekend in the Colorado blizzard,
A couple of decades back, I visited a friend in a town in the middle of Hokkaido, the northernmost of Japan's large islands. The landing was delayed as there was a blizzard and, when we finally landed and he picked me up, the roads into town were lined with snowbanks about 3 metres (10 ft) high.

Anyway, my friend had a Subaru Liberty/Legacy wagon. I don't know whether it was a Japan-only option, but it had a button in the middle of the dashboard for switching off some sort of traction control.

I'd never driven on snow or ice before so he took me to an empty car park and let me drive around for a while. The car was rock solid and felt very secure - until he pressed the button on the dashboard! Suddenly, it started skidding and sliding whenever I pressed the accelerator hard. It was great fund to hoon around the empty, snowy, slushy carpark but I was very glad to be able to press the button and turn the traction control back on, once we went back out on to the street.

A couple of decades back, I visited a friend in a town in the middle of Hokkaido, the northernmost of Japan's large islands. The landing was delayed as there was a blizzard and, when we finally landed and he picked me up, the roads into town were lined with snowbanks about 3 metres (10 ft) high.

Anyway, my friend had a Subaru Liberty/Legacy wagon. I don't know whether it was a Japan-only option, but it had a button in the middle of the dashboard for switching off some sort of traction control.

I'd never driven on snow or ice before so he took me to an empty car park and let me drive around for a while. The car was rock solid and felt very secure - until he pressed the button on the dashboard! Suddenly, it started skidding and sliding whenever I pressed the accelerator hard. It was great fund to hoon around the empty, snowy, slushy carpark but I was very glad to be able to press the button and turn the traction control back on, once we went back out on to the street.

They have a cult following over here by old money. The more battered looking the better.

There's 5 Subarus in the 5 immediate neighbors driveways I have around me, including my wife's.

When I eventually let go of my FJ Cruiser, I will probably get a Lesboru

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom