Car Talk

I just don’t know if I trust a new car design on a new line of a Korean brand.

Hyundai has had a higher-tier "Genesis" line for about 15 years now, but it only spun it off into a separate brand a few years back (presumably seeking to follow in the path of Lexus and, to a lesser extent, Acura and Infiniti).

One of my friends had a sedan when they first came out. Very comfortable and great value for the price - stuffed with options that you would otherwise have had to pay a lot more to get at the time, such as a large screen with sat-nav, reversing camera and so on.

No idea about the 4WD/SUV, though. However, Hyundai's design, quality and reliability has really advanced in leaps and bounds over the past couple of decades. It's come a long, long way since the Excel and the Getz!

Hyundai has had a higher-tier "Genesis" line for about 15 years now, but it only spun it off into a separate brand a few years back (presumably seeking to follow in the path of Lexus and, to a lesser extent, Acura and Infiniti).

One of my friends had a sedan when they first came out. Very comfortable and great value for the price - stuffed with options that you would otherwise have had to pay a lot more to get at the time, such as a large screen with sat-nav, reversing camera and so on.

No idea about the 4WD/SUV, though. However, Hyundai's design, quality and reliability has really advanced in leaps and bounds over the past couple of decades. It's come a long, long way since the Excel and the Getz!
Random question, but do you know how the Koreans pronounce it? Australians say ‘hi-yun-die’ and Americans say ‘hun-day’. I have no idea which is correct.

Wow. Had no idea. Though I remember reading an article years ago about one community that had banned clothes lines. Bizarre.
Normal over here. If you live in apartment no clothes lines allowed on your balcony.
Every time I see a Getz, I wonder if the designer was a Stan Getz fan and did they realise what a bloody awful homage to him it was.
Hyundai is best bang for buck in car industry bar none
They're seem to be getting more popular. Toyota prices have gone up quite a bit these last years.

0fb1f625-47b3-4788-9031-5fe43d5ad981-26f0137e-96ac-4a0f-aaa7-b82ed3f59eae.jpg

Random question, but do you know how the Koreans pronounce it? Australians say ‘hi-yun-die’ and Americans say ‘hun-day’. I have no idea which is correct.

I may well be wrong, but I think that it's pronounced Hyon-die.

I may well be wrong, but I think that it's pronounced Hyon-die.
The other one that trips me up is Celica. The yanks say “SELL-icka” and not “Sill-EE-ka”

Anyway, back to Rambo’s soccer mom SUV. No one has mentioned Subaru - don’t they make one or are they not good?

The other one that trips me up is Celica. The yanks say “SELL-icka” and not “Sill-EE-ka”

Anyway, back to Rambo’s soccer mom SUV. No one has mentioned Subaru - don’t they make one or are they not good?
Yeah they make the Ascent. My wife currently has a Forester, and looked hard at the Ascent. At the end of the day the Telluride was a lot nicer for the price.

Subaru people love some Subaru though. My dad and his wife both have one. There's like 4 of them in the 5 immediate houses around me.

Just checked their website, doesn’t come in pink, no automatic „massage“ function, no nothing. Don‘t think it’s mom enough

If you got the dough to spend Grand Potentate Grand Potentate , Navigator is way to go; I know two people that own them, the ride is very refined for a boat. If you want reliability and off road capability, Sequoia TRD pro is a good truck tho you will get about 13 in the city

The Ascent is bigger than the X5
shit i was thinking of the other model. still, don't really need an AWD car, so it seems like the whole Subaru advantage goes out the window. Plus, i'm not a lesbian soccer mom.

If you got the dough to spend Grand Potentate Grand Potentate , Navigator is way to go; I know two people that own them, the ride is very refined for a boat. If you want reliability and off road capability, Sequoia TRD pro is a good truck tho you will get about 13 in the city
DEFINITELY do not need off-road anything here.

shit i was thinking of the other model. still, don't really need an AWD car, so it seems like the whole Subaru advantage goes out the window. Plus, i'm not a lesbian soccer mom.

Yeah I definitely wasn't trying to persuade you to get one or anything. Subarus don't do much for me, but people that love them reallly love them. They are pretty reliable, I'll give them that.

Yeah I definitely wasn't trying to persuade you to get one or anything. Subarus don't do much for me, but people that love them reallly love them. They are pretty reliable, I'll give them that.
they definitely have a devoted following that's for sure.

Going to put an order in for a Subaru Ascent Touring Trim. Wait timeline currently is unknown. lol

backs up what i saw. went to the local toyota and honda dealers on friday since they're right next to each other. the honda dealer had only 50 cars on lot and they were preselling deliveries with 2-5k markups. toyota was even worse. this market really sucks a big dick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom