Car Talk

Oh no you’re not a Musk fanboy are you???

Pimpy is right on this one. The verbiage needs a bit of fine tuning but the principle is sound.
Nah, I don’t hold any love for the man. He doesn’t seem to be a particularly nice human being.

The product though I find particularly well crafted.

Nah, I don’t hold any love for the man. He doesn’t seem to be a particularly nice human being.

That's funny, most people think the exact opposite

Dropbear Dropbear what about the ID.4, too small? Or what about Polestar? The Audi e tron is supposed to be nice. But it is too ugly imho.

well there are quite a few people who would disagree so i wouldn't discount pimpy's sentiment out of hand as his usual bullshit. i happen to personally know 6 separate people who had to have their cars lemon law'd by the states they live in. teslas are unreliable pieces of shit.

well there are quite a few people who would disagree so i wouldn't discount pimpy's sentiment out of hand as his usual bullshit. i happen to personally know 6 separate people who had to have their cars lemon law'd by the states they live in. teslas are unreliable pieces of shit.
Yes, but look at the gargantuan sales, 500,000 sales figures can't be wrong. It must be the best car ever made: ultra reliable, 3D printed in rare precious earth medals, a dashboard of an iPad and sleek classical aesthetics aged proof by the retro-futurism of Richard Arbib.

The eperience of owning a Tesla, is second to none, fantastically life affirming and you get to contribute to Elon Musk's retirement fund as the richest guy in the galaxy who's just about ready to make the evolutionary jump into hyper-space.

Yes, but look at the gargantuan sales, 500,000 sales figures can't be wrong. It must be the best car ever made: ultra reliable, 3D printed in rare precious earth medals, a dashboard of an iPad and sleek classical aesthetics aged proof by the retro-futurism of Richard Arbib.

The eperience of owning a Tesla, is second to none, fantastically life affirming and you get to contribute to Elon Musk's retirement fund as the richest guy in the galaxy who's just about ready to make the evolutionary jump into hyper-space.
it too bad he hasn't auto-piloted himself into a tree.

it too bad he hasn't auto-piloted himself into a tree.
It has to be said: only in America could his vision and work ethic deliver. He couldn't have done that in South Africa, could he?

Here they became a rich man's toy car for a bit of virtue signalling green credentials. They all kept the SUV's for longer trips. The acceleration is pretty impressive. They were sold on the premise that after 3 years, they would buy back at a certain price. Don't know what that was, but it was in the 10's of thousands. Plus you got the tax rebate at the time. That's gone now for EV's in the Tesla price range.

You will not see a new Tesla on the road here in the Netherlands.

As I said, they're not going to date well.

I don’t discount the sentiment - I’m sure there are many cases of bad experiences with Tesla (as with any other car manufacturer), including your 6 friends and all of Pimpy’s imaginary ones.

As usual, I prefer facts over anecdotal information. If these fuckers keep on having record sales (which is the case here in the UK and the rest of Europe - the Netherlands case is driven by taxation for EVs over 50k, not Pimpy’s best-in-class understanding of vehicle evolution over time), it probably means that beyond a certain level of hype, they must be doing something right.

As usual, I prefer facts over anecdotal information
@guero is rubbing off on you

If these fuckers keep on having record sales
well, to be fair, EVERYONE is having record sales at the moment.

it probably means that beyond a certain level of hype, they must be doing something right.
yes they absolutely are doing something right. what they are not doing is everything right. and that leads to a ton of problems.

@guero is rubbing off on you
I’m an engineer by training - I’ve always liked facts, what can I say.

well, to be fair, EVERYONE is having record sales at the moment.
1632302762537.png

1632302777464.png

yes they absolutely are doing something right. what they are not doing is everything right. and that leads to a ton of problems.

You know something is not quite right, when you have to bring in an analogy to a Georgian gangster.

Like the Ukrainian famine was a good attempt at implementing new farming techniques.

Cool, that’s what I thought. Different company, cars made by Valmet in Finland (maker of fine AK pattern rifles). One of the first EVs, won design awards but went bust a decade ago when the battery maker went under. Not sure I’d really measure whether the Ocean will be good or suck based on that.

Cool, that’s what I thought. Different company, cars made by Valmet in Finland (maker of fine AK pattern rifles). One of the first EVs, won design awards but went bust a decade ago when the battery maker went under. Not sure I’d really measure whether the Ocean will be good or suck based on that.
Oh I had no idea. Ive seen a few fishers on the road here.

I won’t even buy a new model line refresh the first year it comes out I’d never buy a new brand of car.

Different company,

Same person - the first company went bankrupt.

For some reason, I thought that his first car was a "hypercar" with a conventional engine, but I must be thinking of someone else. Instead, it was a critically-panned and rather impractical electric vehicle.

This one sounds rather more sensible and likely to succeed. According to this article, Fisker is pairing up with Magna Steyr to manufacture the Fisker Ocean, which should hopefully avoid the quality and production issues initially encountered by companies such as Tesla (and the original Fisker).

I should probably just want a year before I even start looking at these, but now I’m curious.

What do you all think of the bZ4X? I’d feel more comfortable buying from a company I know will be around for the life of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom