Cop Tyranny Thread

A quote from one of your presidents that still holds good when applied to armchair critics:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

A quote from one of your presidents that still holds good when applied to armchair critics:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
We’re talking about police that openly and blatantly kill people here. This isn’t Monday morning quarterback for fucks sake. Just who are you trying to sell this claptrap to?

We’re talking about police that openly and blatantly kill people here. This isn’t Monday morning quarterback for fucks sake. Just who are you trying to sell this claptrap to?
I’ve read through this and the other thread and few of the posts are about cops who allegedly openly and blatently kill people. I’ve also read many ill informed and childish comments. ‘they should have tasered him’ … how often do you see that written about some incident? Taser - the supposed panacea, that doesn’t work half the time. Of course the comments normally emanate from people who have never had to deal with someone charging at them with a knife and had to make a split second decision, then operate technical equipment under extreme pressure. Neither have these armchair experts ever had to try and restrain a dangerous person who is high on drugs and possessing superhuman strength because they are suffering from excited delerium. No, in short these critics have no experience and no clue what they are talking about, in fact they are talking through their arses. I don’t know you, but judging from the tenor of your comments I would guess that you fall fairly and squarely into this category. Now I shall leave you and your snowflake buddy to your little left wing echo chamber.

The thread is about bad cops. I post stories in the bad cops thread about bad cops. How difficult is that for you to comprehend?
But surely if a poster considers that the report of the 'bad cop'is misguided doesn't he have the right and perhaps even the moral duty to say that?

We don’t like any dissenting voices to the prevailing mood music here do we? People seem to get quite vociferous and sweary quite quickly? Just my impression as a newcomer.

But surely if a poster considers that the report of the 'bad cop'is misguided doesn't he have the right and perhaps even the moral duty to say that?
You have to understand that these cop humpers can watch an unarmed person get shot directly in the face and then turn around and make excuses like “oh he must have shown signs of aggression” or “the cop reported feeling threatened so this is a completely normal response”. These people love nothing more than to see societies underclasses being beaten and maimed in an effort to maintain the facade of peace. The police allow them to never have to see the dregs of society on their streets or in their spaces. Nothing I or anyone else can or will say would change their opinion.

You have to understand that these cop humpers can watch an unarmed person get shot directly in the face and then turn around and make excuses like “oh he must have shown signs of aggression” or “the cop reported feeling threatened so this is a completely normal response”. These people love nothing more than to see societies underclasses being beaten and maimed in an effort to maintain the facade of peace. The police allow them to never have to see the dregs of society on their streets or in their spaces. Nothing I or anyone else can or will say would change their opinion.
Sadly, it would appear that there are some 'bad' cops, but is it wise for society's sake to encourage a belief that all police officers are bad? The vast majority in the UK are not, and I suspect that in the US too that is also the case. The vast majority in both nations are, I would suggest , just men and women trying to do an essential job which is difficult and sometimes dangerous.

I do appreciate that this thread has the declared intention of focusing on the bad ones, but surely when a supposed bad one is seemingly identified by a poster, other posters have l, as I suggested earlier, the right to question this.

Last edited:
I think you must have a very vivid imagination GP.

Sadly, it would appear that there are some 'bad' cops,
see, already we start off with a false premise. there aren't "some 'bad' cops. cops themselves are bad because a group of people who would do this to others is by its very definition bad.

but is it wise for society's sake to encourage a belief that all police officers are bad?
absolutely! the problem is that some people still think the cops are good. they go in thinking the police have their backs and they're supposed to take care of us, when in fact their very directive is to serve the needs of of property and wealth with self-survival above all else. if the case was that cops were in some way "good", as your statement opened with, why would cops then lie? why would they kill? its these very questions that should disabuse any rational person from even the possibility that the cops are in any way good.

The vast majority in the UK are not, and I suspect that in the US too that is also the case.
well this thread and the numerous platforms of people discussing abuses at the hands of the US and UK cops should keep you from coming to that conclusion. the fact that it hasn't is troubling.

The vast majority in both nations are, I would suggest , just men and women trying to do an essential job which is difficult and sometimes dangerous.
i'm not sure why that precludes them from not lying, raping, killing, etc.. the vast majority of ALL workers in both nations do the same things at work, in professions that are FAR more dangerous and deadly than police. see the following:

from 2015

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-dangerous-jobs/ - ranked 14th most deadly

from 2017

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/the-20-deadliest-jobs-in-america-ranked/ - ranked 15th most deadly but this is lumped in with firemen.

from 2020

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-most-dangerous-jobs-in-america-2018-7?op=1#18-police-officers-17 - ranked 18th most deadly

from 2021

https://advisorsmith.com/data/most-dangerous-jobs/ - ranked 25th most deadly

I do appreciate that this thread has the declared intention of focusing on the bad ones, but surely when a supposed bad one is seemingly identified by a poster, other posters have l, as I suggested earlier, the right to question this.
sure you or anyone else is more than welcome to question it, and we've in fact had a few cases where the evidence later came out that the situation was not as it seemed, but with video evidence of this brutality staring you right in the face, if your only answer is "cops are good" don't be surprised if you then get in an argument with people telling you that "you're a dumb cocksucker."

people in the UK just do not understand what living under this murderous gang of thugs is like.

What did the guy who was watering the flowers expect was going to happen? If you start acting like that when cops speak to you then you’re going to end up wearing a set of cuffs. The cops were polite and respectful, but naive and stupid. Certainly not a murderous gang of thugs.
of course absolutely no issue with arresting a black man for watering plants in your eyes. can't imagine why there are fundamental disagreements on this topic...

This is the crux of the matter: opinion forming shaped by social media.
that is a literally insane thing to say when these are police body cam videos or first hand videos of the brutality. the opinion isn't shaped by social media, its shaped by lived experience.

It’s hard to explain to non-Americans who haven’t lived here the complexities of American policing and just how awful most of them are. there isn’t one police force, there are dozens in each jurisdiction and thousands across the country. Quality ranges widely, though the majority are far worse (corruption and brutality) than you see in other Western countries. There are some really good people in law enforcement and some dedicated and professional units. But they tend to be Federal or State level and specialized- far removed from the city or county beat cops or narcotics units you see in this thread.

It doesn’t have to work for me as I don’t feel the need to post aggressively at or bracket anyone who disagrees with me.
I’m not sure why you’re belaboring this point. If you want to disagree then disagree. If people the tell you to fuck off well that’s just going to have to be your cross to bear.

It’s hard to explain to non-Americans who haven’t lived here the complexities of American policing and just how awful most of them are. there isn’t one police force, there are dozens in each jurisdiction and thousands across the country. Quality ranges widely, though the majority are far worse (corruption and brutality) than you see in other Western countries. There are some really good people in law enforcement and some dedicated and professional units. But they tend to be Federal or State level and specialized- far removed from the city or county beat cops or narcotics units you see in this thread.
I think you have probably described the issue very well there.

Like others of a certain age in the UK I grew up with the belief that if you were in trouble you should 'ask a policeman '. And I did a few times and it proved to be sound advice in different parts of the UK. I guess Brits are lucky.

I think you have probably described the issue very well there.

Like others of a certain age in the UK I grew up with the belief that if you were in trouble you should 'ask a policeman '. And I did a few times and it proved to be sound advice in different parts of the UK. I guess Brits are lucky.
Always held a similar view and whilst there's always been bad cops, you knew in general a copper on the beat was someone engaged in the Peel principles of policing and someone you could trust. If you look at how many police forces in the UK are in special measures and the crime statistics, the rot has set in.

You also see the strange mob violence now, looting and just saw in the Mail a feral gang set-upon a girl, 20 odd people on one. Then you have the grooming gangs and the the post-modern position that those girls have made an informed decision. This is not England.

The States is unique and we in other western nations have no equivalence of places like Chicago and the deliberate policy of de-policing to let the community get on with it, the legions of homeless mental cripples and drug addicts left to rot.

And in this age of white privilege and fragility, etc, I do believe that separate community policing will and already is the future. With all that entails.

you knew in general a copper on the beat was someone engaged in the Peel principles of policing
Apologies in advance for the diversion away from the Cop Tyranny theme.
Just had a a flight where I watched the movie ,Belfast. Your mention of Robert Peel has reminded me that in N. Ireland police officers are or were called Peelers . And amazingly the origin of the name Bobbies has only just occurred to me.

Apologies in advance for the diversion away from the Cop Tyrany theme.
Just had a a flight where I watched the movie ,Belfast. Your mention of Robert Peel has reminded me that in N. Ireland police officers are or were called Peelers . And amazingly the origin of the name Bobbies has only just occurred to me.
Looking forward to watching Belfast. A different, darker and earlier period then the brilliant comedy series that is The Derry Girls which is marvelous. My kids love it.

Looking forward to watching Belfast. A different, darker and earlier period then the brilliant comedy series that is The Derry Girls which is marvelous. My kids love it.
I spent several months in Belfast on 1973 and for me the movie got the atmosphere completely right.

Always held a similar view and whilst there's always been bad cops, you knew in general a copper on the beat was someone engaged in the Peel principles of policing and someone you could trust. If you look at how many police forces in the UK are in special measures and the crime statistics, the rot has set in.

You also see the strange mob violence now, looting and just saw in the Mail a feral gang set-upon a girl, 20 odd people on one. Then you have the grooming gangs and the the post-modern position that those girls have made an informed decision. This is not England.

The States is unique and we in other western nations have no equivalence of places like Chicago and the deliberate policy of de-policing to let the community get on with it, the legions of homeless mental cripples and drug addicts left to rot.

And in this age of white privilege and fragility, etc, I do believe that separate community policing will and already is the future. With all that entails.
there are just SO MANY dogwhistles in this post.

I

Honestly can't comment on that. It is unclear who was doing and is doing what.
What is clear is that the right to own guns is a dangerous right.
No need to comment. Just wanted you to see what it’s like for even law abiding citizens here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom