Coronavirus

Fwiffo

Supporter

"What we’re starting to see now is an uptick in hospitalizations among people who’ve been vaccinated, but not boosted."

I await the day when my two shot vaccine passport only affords me outdoor dining.

Pimpernel Smith

I await the day when my two shot vaccine passport only affords me outdoor dining.
That's coming. It's clear: the efficacy of the vaccines starts to reduce 3-6 months.

Another colleague of mine has got it in the UK. He was quite a big guy, but for obvious reasons he's lost quite a bit of weight in the last 18 months. He was doing a database training session from home yesterday and he said for him it's nothing more than a common cold. And I must say, he did a stirling job on the training.

Fwiffo

Supporter

"'You who are unvaccinated cannot just carry on as normal; your most important contribution is to get vaccinated,' said social affairs minister Lena Hallengren."

Fwiffo

Supporter

"'Keeping primary schools closed for longer is an effective way to keep the virus under control,' immunologist Ger Rijkers told the Algemeen Dagblad newspaper. 'Children are virus factories and infect adults as well as each other.'"

Virus factory children.

Pimpernel Smith

"'Keeping primary schools closed for longer is an effective way to keep the virus under control,' immunologist Ger Rijkers told the Algemeen Dagblad newspaper. 'Children are virus factories and infect adults as well as each other.'"

Virus factory children.
The schools haven't returned to normal school days at all. Mine do a couple of hours a day, not even half-days.

Pimpernel Smith

Situation in Europe deteriorating, despite high vaccine uptakes, patents in Bavaria being transferred to Italy:

PS: Get your K2 in if you're taking high dose of vitamin D and don't have a diet rich in sauerkraut.

güero

# of total reported ICU beds:
5uoz8k.jpg

Certainly looks like excellent capacity management

Fwiffo

Supporter

Did everyone just have amnesia that lockdowns no longer result in plummeting cases anymore? See Australia. See New Zealand. See Singapore.

QuandoDio

QuandoDio

Everyone with a rudimentary understanding of biology know this: we cannot identify, manufacture and distribute vaccines quick enough to outpace mutations.

So bah humbug! Media keeps focusing on variants/ vaccine modality. Lifestyle factors are rarely, if ever mentioned as a modality to control this virus.

Pimpernel Smith

Of course it is. Madness. Three jabs won't be enough. It will be four. Five. Six...sixsixisix to be fully vaccinated.
The official WHO position is that it makes no sense to give healthy adults booster shots, when high risk groups around the world are awaiting their first dose.

The lack of data is exactly why there is hesitancy and increasing suspicion:

Rambo

Supporter of Possible Sexual Deviants
Supporter
Everyone with a rudimentary understanding of biology know this: we cannot identify, manufacture and distribute vaccines quick enough to outpace mutations.

So bah humbug! Media keeps focusing on variants/ vaccine modality. Lifestyle factors are rarely, if ever mentioned as a modality to control this virus.
you were complaining about the need for boosters and then you proved the need for boosters? i'm so confused where you stand on this.

and another conspiracy theory turns out true
thank god someone is stepping up.

Rambo

Supporter
The official WHO position is that it makes no sense to give healthy adults booster shots, when high risk groups around the world are awaiting their first dose.
that does not mean healthy adults don't need boosters though. they're just thinking about global health policy.

Pimpernel Smith

Mandatory vaccine requirement for the entire populace. When I first read it today I thought stepping up to have the balls to do lockdown.
I know that, but the medical security state is likely to have unacceptable authoritarian leanings which will lead to serious civil unrest. Look how many of our technocrats and politicians have simply delighted in issuing quality of life curbing diktats.

35% of adults in Austria are not vaccinated. You reach February next year and say 10-20% are holding out. How are you going to manage that? Fine them into the poor house, jail them, force medical treatments on them, starve them to death, put them in camps?

It opens a box of ethical dilemmas that I'm pretty sure the current crop of politicians haven't thought it through, or have and have a big hard on and a warm gooey feeling inside of the control they will have.

Pro-vaccine for those that need it, but pro-choice and informed consent too.

Fwiffo

Supporter

”’People behaved really well, with mask-wearing and social distancing,’ Prof Shibuya says. ’But that is gone now.‘

The success of the vaccine rollout and the lifting of the state of emergency means people are returning to offices, and going out to pubs and restaurants again.

The sense of fear that kept people distanced for a year and a half is fading. And because of that, he thinks the very low infection rate Japan has now will not last.

’We are one to two months behind Europe‘ he says. ’Very soon, we will see another wave developing.’”

QuandoDio

This is not a pandemic of the 'unvaccinated' . Far from it.

Frankly, if anyone cannot see what Austria is doing as dangerous and scary, then I really cannot help you.

Rambo

Supporter
This is not a pandemic of the 'unvaccinated' . Far from it.

Frankly, if anyone cannot see what Austria is doing as dangerous and scary, then I really cannot help you.
no its a pandemic. the unvacinated are allowing the pandemic to continue by getting sick and not taking precautions or doing anything at all to stop the spread of germs which allows the virus to continue to mutate. THAT is the problem.

i've got no issue if you want to gamble with your life and get sick and die. but this isn't something that's internal. every time you breathe, every time you talk, ever time you sneeze, every time you cough or laugh or spit you put the germs back in the air for other people to get. other people who could get sick and die from it.

Rambo

Supporter
Pimpernel Smith Pimpernel Smith long term covid studies

güero

the unvacinated are allowing the pandemic to continue by getting sick and not taking precautions or doing anything at all to stop the spread of germs which allows the virus to continue to mutate. THAT is the problem.
The vaccinated get sick as well and spread the virus just as easily.

you put the germs back in the air for other people to get. other people who could get sick and die from it.
Why don't those other people just get vaccinated, if they are so scared of the big bad virus?

Dropbear

Member in Good Standing

Fwiffo

Supporter
211120-vienna-lockdown-protest-ew-1047a-f7c392.jpg

You mean these chaps are ultra nationalist right wing white supremacists too?

Top Bottom