Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

whatever you do, parading and peacocking is all you can, obviously.

go fwock yourself, dang.

this is really hilarious.

Oh dear, dear me. Is this your best shot....? What a pussy you are...

So, lets just feast our eyes on some Vass...

This years model: The London Summer:

A model of urbane sleekness. The last time I saw someone wearing shoes like these they were trying to sell me a ringed Ford Fiesta.

1576413301593.png

Last edited:
Keep going lads

I see that much of Crompton's readership has responded to that 'budget' article with comments along the lines of "I'm probably not typical of your readers, but...". Perhaps my analice is correct? I can't imagine many bespoke customers need him to tell them how to spend it.

jumped the shark well and truely.

If he had any balls he'd be saying don't waste your money on a tight budget with a GBP 6-7K Cartier, just get the Rotary homage one instead for a 100 quid.

I like this: ''.....back when I was a journalist, it would have been Crockett & Jones.'' No it wasn't you tosser, it was Clarks!

And then he says, if you can on a budget, go bespoke.

He can't think out of the box. His answer to going on a budget, is go bespoke, buy shoes that are a grand plus and buy one expensive watch. He's a knob head alright.

Last edited:
I remember that train footage too. Must have been the early 90s. No, hang on, it was an illustration in a book. My childhood is all a blur.

Crompers? He's a smug twat, and this latest missive only confirms it. He's also, I suspect, a liar. No PPE graduate who inherited bespoke items from his father (he mentioned it in some of his posts, which shows his father was loaded in the first place), then works in financial journalism with a slot in the FT (How To Spend It) and Cosmo and what have you, with access to the great and good, earns 18k a year. He would have earned a lot more.

well, I'm not interested in your nonsense, done.

You could have fooled me sweet-cheeks...given that you've responded to every one on my posts on this topic.

If you are going to set yourself up as a arbiter of style then you have to expect your own choices to come under scrutiny.

Walker can be rough, but l think Formby is even more rough.

I wanted to make a joke, but l think l better not. These guys play really rough and l don't wanna get smashed up. :lolThey use foul language too. :o

I'm quite curious what the "Frankenstein monstrosities" are. If described as "Transylvanian gravediggers shoes" then I'm going with Vass.

I'm quite curious what the "Frankenstein monstrosities" are. If described as "Transylvanian gravediggers shoes" then I'm going with Vass.

They are the high fronted shoes forum gents usually refer to such as Vass Budapesters etc.
Vass budapester Franky 1.jpg

Franky wears high fronted shoes too. Look,
frankenstein 1.jpg

See,
frankenstein shoes.jpg

Vass is good.
frankenstein 2.jpg

Franky when he is asked to wear Formby's style of shoes (igent shoes)
frankenstein - formby shoes.jpg

Franky when he is asked to wear Vass high fronted shoes:
Franky - vass 2.jpg

The look on Franky's face when he gets a birthday present and he gets `Formby shoes':

Formby shoes = plain factory made english shoes such as captoe oxfords, punched captoe oxfords, wholecuts occasionally and even going as far as an Adelaide oxford. Formby likes his shoes to be plain, but will sometimes splash out with a touch of broguing, but to own a full brogue is completely out of the question because they would be considered "pig ugly".

See, as many know, a lot of western igents like the factory look of C&J, G&G and Edward Green, they consider such factory shoes elegant, and especially if the shoes lack broguing. Formby is in that category.

I like Walker style shoes and Formby shoes....I like all the styles, however I strongly resonate with Formby's preference us shoes because I always liked plain english shoes as a kid. All I liked as a kid was english captoe oxfords in black or burgundy, english wholecuts and plain Italian high fronted loafers, but l could be stretched to a classis double soled plain toe american derby. Formby shoes = excellently styled factory shoes without too much decoration.

I like the manliness of Walker style shoes. They have a real presence and ooze `real shoes'. The best of both worlds. The styling of both is excellent.

Attachments

• frankenstein - vass shoes.jpg
    frankenstein - vass shoes.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
They are the high fronted shoes forum gents usually refer to such as Vass Budapesters etc.
View attachment 33006

View attachment 33001

See,
View attachment 33002

Vass is good.
View attachment 33003

View attachment 33004

View attachment 33007

The look on Franky's face when he gets a birthday present and he gets `Formby shoes':

Formby shoes = plain factory made english shoes such as captoe oxfords, punched captoe oxfords, wholecuts occasionally and even going as far as an Adelaide oxford. Formby likes his shoes to be plain, but will sometimes splash out with a touch of broguing, but to own a full brogue is completely out of the question because they would be considered "pig ugly".

See, as many know, a lot of western igents like the factory look of C&J, G&G and Edward Green, they consider such factory shoes elegant, and especially if the shoes lack broguing. Formby is in that category.

I like Walker style shoes and Formby shoes....I like all the styles, however I strongly resonate with Formby's preference us shoes because I always liked plain english shoes as a kid. All I liked as a kid was english captoe oxfords in black or burgundy, english wholecuts and plain Italian high fronted loafers, but l could be stretched to a classis double soled plain toe american derby. Formby shoes = excellently styled factory shoes without too much decoration.

I like the manliness of Walker style shoes. They have a real presence and ooze `real shoes'. The best of both worlds. The styling of both is excellent.
lol. nice work shooey.

I wonder what are your sources of information about TGS? I assume they prefer hunter wellies and/or heavy work boots. makes sense, no?

none of these styles belong to the portfolio of Vass, go figure.

No PPE graduate who inherited bespoke items from his father (he mentioned it in some of his posts, which shows his father was loaded in the first place), then works in financial journalism with a slot in the FT (How To Spend It) and Cosmo and what have you, with access to the great and good, earns 18k a year. He would have earned a lot more.

How do you know he was only on 18k a year? If true, he was some very low employee and he certainly wouldn't be sporting C&J's unless his parents we're giving him an extra allowance or he had a trust fund. Unless that was his summer job? I regularly use to earn 17k over the summer in 89-92 as a student. Actually that was for the whole year thinking back.

View attachment 33006

View attachment 33001

See,
View attachment 33002

Vass is good.
View attachment 33003

View attachment 33004

View attachment 33007

Interesting post I'll get back on the main issues raised which are not strictly correct.

Ironically(?), In Shelley's book, Frankenstein is the name of the creator NOT the creature who doesn't have a name and is of a well-to-do family, so would have been a man of refined tastes, but dubious ethics.

How do you know he was only on 18k a year? If true, he was some very low employee and he certainly wouldn't be sporting C&J's unless his parents we're giving him an extra allowance or he had a trust fund. Unless that was his summer job? I regularly use to earn 17k over the summer in 89-92 as a student. Actually that was for the whole year thinking back.

He wrote it himself. 18k my arse. He was on 50k more like, straight out of Oxford.

He wrote it himself. 18k my arse. He was on 50k more like, straight out of Oxford.

Was he a trainee journalist? Don't think they get paid that much, many these days are freelance which explains much of the sensationalist copy and the taking of ever more provocative (read: stupid) stances as a means of building their 'brand'.

I filled in Crompers's poll today. Five hundred quid is not to be scoffed at. I put this in the disagreeable thread because it is disagreeable to be a morto de' fame, as our Italian friends put it. But needs must, what?

Doesn't Crompton own Permanent style? Best bet is the company accepts clothes as either client gifts, or promotional material. He probably takes out a low salary (as possible), and reinvests the rest in his business. If he's from a privileged family, they've probably helped him out with a home.

Ask this man. He'll be able to tell you more. He was almost crushed to death under the weight of several hundred pairs of Transylvanian clodhoppers. A very near miss. They do say, it's unwise to get into bed with Austro-Hungarian beet farmers. Their taste in shoes can leave a lot to be desired. They should stick to tractors. It's more their pace.

tumblr_ou725nA80p1qa2j8co5_1280.jpg

I filled in Crompers's poll today. Five hundred quid is not to be scoffed at. I put this in the disagreeable thread because it is disagreeable to be a morto de' fame, as our Italian friends put it. But needs must, what?

Five hundred quid is not to be scoffed at, but you do realise that in such exalted company it will not buy much more than a watch cap.

Of course we all know it will be a unique, cashmere watch cap finely crafted with a unique insight into the male head shape no other company has been aware of.

Is it a coincidence* that Crompers posts a readership survey only a week or so after we speculate about the makeup of his readership?

*probably, yes

Is it a coincidence* that Crompers posts a readership survey only a week or so after we speculate about the makeup of his readership?

*probably, yes

Many of the readers comments will be written by genuine readers rather than Team Crompton. So it is probably useful to find out as much as possible about them. If he falls on hard times he can sell the information on ( though he has promised not to do so).

Might be an interesting exercise to invent some personas for his survey. Maybe penniless student, dressed in rags but aspiring to be well dressed?

Or an extremely wealthy foreigner living in Belgravia with money to spend but not much idea what to buy?

Or an extremely wealthy foreigner living in Belgravia with money to spend but not much idea what to buy?

Dear Sir Simeon Krompting,

In much need of the guidance of honourable you I am. Money, have. Live, Belgravia. Plenty come Britain young man skint but make wok the much in gas and oil. Beginning dress jeans denim. Billions quids come now big heavy rich. Today suitings fine¡ What dress? How dress? Bespoke sartorial tutorial manorial implorial. When? You bestow? The learnings from you. Belgravia can move or Krompit move. Foots until head requisition complete cover. Includes pants. Not United States pants is English pants LOL. Really total. Statue not big Hong Kong body OK waist 30 inchings. You tell me guv? What cut? Pleats up or down? Twice or one? Waste tall but not OAP. Jacking double tits. Much better. Like Englishman Nivens! Pinstripes also. Addition shit 100% cotton fine. Cufflings indeed. Colour which? Money plenty wash banking spanking Swiss safe. Sorted. Consulting rate you what? Make it count.

Yours truly,

Archibald Tsao-Ying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom