Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

‘Private Eye’ gives examples of articles that are placed beside strange advertisements. Rather like this article which has an ad at the bottom asking ‘Do you need help or counselling?’

How could anyone come up with such an abomination? Those boots are horrible. And 1445 euros!

New Eidos clothing. Brave to dress like meth surfer

80B02BFC-3D00-4489-92DD-7A1D2515F3FE.jpeg

Here's Mr Bags. He is a local hero and into fashion and clothes and apparently knows everything about designer bags at 26.

There is only one problem. Mr Bags wears his clothes about 2 sizes too big and has sleeves going past his knuckles. Mr Bags dresses like he is wearing his older brothers clothes. Mr Bags' clothing looks like he is wearing a Bag. :lolguy:

Guess I’ll put this here, though there’s nothing wrong with the outfit. Swap out the faded jeans and it’d be fine.

I just find this pose deeply disturbing.

It’s begging for a witty word bubble, at least.

2F3523C9-88FB-45D9-A46F-0D0A02096889.jpeg

Our friend Crompton gets himself a full corduroy suit. Only he does not buy off the peg, he gets an Italian to make one for him.

Not keen on corduroy except for trousers and it should always be inexpensive.
https://www.permanentstyle.com/2018/12/olive-green-corduroy-suit-from-ettore-de-cesare.html

Compared to the one he had made by Nunzio Pirozzi, this one looks rubbish.
Is Crompers also promoting mens beauty products these days? He seems to wear a lot of them in those images...

WOW, truly fabulous styling for the shoos. Hand stitched soles on the rtw too. Perfect colour and perfect everything. I wonder how much they are, l bet around 6K minimum.

Have a look a Atienza's website. With your sound on. Then come back and report.

Also, try to actually browse the site for, er, shoes.

I thought I'd seen it all in the world of pretentious i-sartocraftsmangentribollox. I was wrong.

Our friend Crompton gets himself a full corduroy suit. Only he does not buy off the peg, he gets an Italian to make one for him.

Not keen on corduroy except for trousers and it should always be inexpensive.
https://www.permanentstyle.com/2018/12/olive-green-corduroy-suit-from-ettore-de-cesare.html
"In fact that A&S one is six-years-old now - and the subject of one of my favourite photos from Pitti back in 2013, with Luca Rubinacci, eating a dripping, nut-encrusted ice cream."

i want to throw up all over my desk

edit - also, what is bespoke made ready to wear? is it bespoke or rtw? is this some sort of marketing claptrap?

edit - also, what is bespoke made ready to wear? is it bespoke or rtw? is this some sort of marketing claptrap?

Marketing spin along with the grandiose symphony music on the website. They may be good shoes, but the one's Crompy's wearing look like they've come out of the seconds bin.

IMO it is a rtw shoe made to bespoke construction standards, ie, hand welted and hand stitched soles to a high spi.

Why is it that despite all best efforts to lead from intellectually and morally superior heights, with the MSM literally presenting him as walking on water, Jupiter remains a boy when it comes to presenting himself:

untitled.png

Jupiter is French. The French don't know how to dress. And don't you dare reply with a litany of celebrity photos from the 1950s and 60s, or Jacques Chirac.

French officers dress a gazillion times better than their yank or Oz counterparts.

You know what, I actually think Crompton is the perfect guy to send around for bespoke-reviewing. The man seems to have a very difficult body to work with, so if someone can make him a good suit, then you should be reasonably safe too.

Unfortunately we don't get to see that many repeat commissions, but if a maker can come up flattering cuts for him, good.

(I would of course love to fly around Europe to get everything bespoke made (probably for free / "exposure"), but I guess we'll have to wait until Crompton retires from that job)

The fella seems to have a new commission every other week. He must have literally hundreds of suits. And yet when he posts pics that are not showing off his latest commission he defaults to dull brown jacket and grey flannels. There’s only so many ways you can work that color combination and not have it look like your uniform.
And like Trump, the amount of slavvering followers he has baffles the crap out of me!

I liked this ''The shoes are from Philippe Atienza in Paris - his new bespoke-made ready-to-wear line.'' They look utter shite by the way.

well, he pointed out that, they are not the best fit (yet). there is something about i-gents, as long as nothing hurts or is completely unwearable, they are content with half assed measures like tongue pads and/other DI'Y nonsense. they seem to be afraid, to make their point towards a "maitré de chaussures", bang.

btw, this is pretty much the house style of Atienza. I like them.

In my ghey scale from 69 to 96 I give a 999999999999999

Lorenzo Cifonelli

✨ Back in Paris ready to start 2019 ! I wish you all a wonderful New Year ! ✨
•••

Last edited by a moderator:
Good tailoring should hide the wearer's imperfections. Between the spade-like beard and the so-called Cifonelli shoulders, our Lorenzo here always looks like he has a massive head on a tiny torso.

Zero self-awareness:

"The refined geography teacher - elevated by the cut of the suit, the waist of the shoe and so on."

I have always said I aim for the look of a disheveled alcoholic geography teacher who rolls his own smokes and is just marking time until retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom