Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

I think he’s jumped the shark into true cosplay, like those goths who wear ankle length black leather overcoats, and as such Tibor is out and ok.

Last edited:
So I know that this is "fashion" from a name brand and so is expected to be ridiculous, but I found this to be particularly stupid, even by the standard of fashion brands:

louis-vuitton-ribbed-utility-gilet-ready-to-wear--HGN69WJYD400_PM1_Side%20view.jpg

Intrigued how we have ended up with a media establishment at the sartorial level of John Sweeney who despises the Brit working class as uncouth Amazonian cannibals:

IMG_8271_jpg_gallery.jpg

sweeney.png

I much prefer the old toffs who dressed well and spoke properly and who you knew didn't have to buy their own furniture:

hqdefaultUYIBDBXO.jpg

20100901_alan_clark_w.jpg

_83733092_hi014378894.jpg

Don’t know much about Sweeney apart from his run in with Mormons when he was trying to produce a documentary about them.

Don’t know much about Sweeney apart from his run in with Mormons when he was trying to produce a documentary about them.

You'll be hearing a bit more about him in the coming days, he's laid the establishments elitism and class prejudices out on a table. The more they've tried to destroy TR, they more they've elevated him to a folk hero. And this expose might well be another pivotal moment in the ongoing culture war. Time to get rid of this scruffy and untidy establishment.

Crompton buys a hat - but an $800 one, for people who think Lock is not expensive enough.

It is beaver felt, but still a lot of money for an item most men no longer wear.

CRAP

Sartoria Formosa
16 de febrero a las 13:02 ·
RTW Double-breasted coat.
Hand made in mix cachemire.

Goes to show that superb tailoring is useless when the wearer has the wrong shape. That Sartoria Formosa bloke has bloated fearsomely since O'Mast was made.

As for Crompers and his hat, what can I say? James Lock & Co., with a royal warrant, who've been making hats since 1676, are not edgy enough - and too British for our Crompers. Crompers wants Neapolitan. Crompers wants design. Crompers wants "research" (whatever the fuck, quite frankly, it means in menswear).

So Crompers lays down a new industry standard. The 800 dollar hat from America.

Like something out of Brideshead Revisted reimagined with Italian style. Quite ghastly!

Goes to show that superb tailoring is useless when the wearer has the wrong shape. That Sartoria Formosa bloke has bloated fearsomely since O'Mast was made.

As for Crompers and his hat, what can I say? James Lock & Co., with a royal warrant, who've been making hats since 1676, are not edgy enough - and too British for our Crompers. Crompers wants Neapolitan. Crompers wants design. Crompers wants "research" (whatever the fuck, quite frankly, it means in menswear).

So Crompers lays down a new industry standard. The 800 dollar hat from America.

If Lock & Co ain't good enough for you, as an Englishman, you need to pack your bags and have your nationality rescinded.

He eat too much arancini now have to sell suits and make slop sweater and trackersuit outfit. It is fabric of lost long tribe but look like discount sheet belong to teen boy

7780818A-689D-473E-9627-ADB8EDA736EE.jpeg

Is this a spoof message?

JASON LEUNG

5 hours
Hello Simon
First of all congratulations on your opening party. I am a third-yeary student currently studying in the the the the UK. I will be graduating in this JULY, therefore, I am looking to make a suite here in the UK after some research Suit Supply seems to be a good saturating point. I went and talked with one of the made to measure tailor, and I was interested in a Holland & Sherry 140’s cloth. A 2 piece will start at £899, I am wondering if this a fair price to pay? I do understand H&S cloth don’t come cheap but £899 still seems a lot to pay for made to measure, is there any other tailor you will recommend me to look into within the price range of £1000? Thank you so much for your response this will surely be helpful for anyone looking to get there first suit.

Hi salmon

Thanks for your reply, I am familiar with Prologue since I am from Hong Kong and had thought about it. However, I need my suit in July, therefore I don’t think they have enough time to deliver the suit within this specific timeframe.

Is this a spoof message?

JASON LEUNG
5 hours
Hello Simon
First of all congratulations on your opening party. I am a third-yeary student currently studying in the the the the UK. I will be graduating in this JULY, therefore, I am looking to make a suite here in the UK after some research Suit Supply seems to be a good saturating point. I went and talked with one of the made to measure tailor, and I was interested in a Holland & Sherry 140’s cloth. A 2 piece will start at £899, I am wondering if this a fair price to pay? I do understand H&S cloth don’t come cheap but £899 still seems a lot to pay for made to measure, is there any other tailor you will recommend me to look into within the price range of £1000? Thank you so much for your response this will surely be helpful for anyone looking to get there first suit.

Hi salmon

Thanks for your reply, I am familiar with Prologue since I am from Hong Kong and had thought about it. However, I need my suit in July, therefore I don’t think they have enough time to deliver the suit within this specific timeframe.

Well spotted. I thought you had made it up.

‘Salmon’ obviously gives him the benefit of the doubt.

Well spotted. I thought you had made it up.

‘Salmon’ obviously gives him the benefit of the doubt.

"Salmon Crompers". I think we just found ourselves nickname.

That post sounds very dodgy. The only Chinese studying in the UK are the sons and daughters of billionaires. They could buy up Savile Row itself.

Good tissue combination ruined by igentness

View attachment 31675
How so ?

Looks OK to me. Fabrics are fine, as you point out.

No problem with tie. Close up inspection reveals button down collar left undone, but I have seen worse.

No socklessness as far as we know. (There was a plague of that in Central London on Sunday).

No preening self regard. No tight jacket, trousers. No peacock colours. No obvious hair “product”.

How so ?

Looks OK to me. Fabrics are fine, as you point out.

No problem with tie. Close up inspection reveals button down collar left undone, but I have seen worse.

No socklessness as far as we know. (There was a plague of that in Central London on Sunday).

No preening self regard. No tight jacket, trousers. No peacock colours. No obvious hair “product”.

Like Kingsters said, we've seen worse. I would suggest, however, to aspiring and confirmed iGents alike, a review of their posture. Gut in, chest out, neck to the back of the collar, is how a man should stand. An otherwise perfect outfit can be easily ruined by bad posture.

That being said, I have been known to stand like the bloke in the photo above, when contemplating, say, dog turds, or scuffs on my immaculately bulled shoes. But only for a second. Then I snap back to attention, unpocket my fists, arrange my tie, do up my jacket, stiffen my upper lip, unstiffen my Multitool (TM) if necessary, and stride on, into adversity.

Per fucking ardua.

What happened in Central London last Sunday?

at first, I thought it is a fake message from josh leong, bespoe shoemaker, who is affilliated with the "seamless bespoke" gig in singapore. the proof is in the pudding or apparently not ... ?

Is this a spoof message?

JASON LEUNG
5 hours
Hello Simon

Hi salmon

is he leaning over like that because he's trying to hide how fat he's become?

A prime example of why you can't replace the dynamic of being on location in the real world in a studio. Feigned attempts at replicating movement might be possible by a male model in his prime, but all that looks like is a bad case of curvature of the spine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom