Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

The two guys in my original post know better. They have $ and aren't kids wearing sneakers to work. They thought they were being cool and hip at the wedding and while I can get behind wearing fashionable sneakers with a casual sport jacket, the guy wearing Adidas with a suit looks like shit.

Horse face try to make himself bad boy. Looks like taking giant pained shit instead

558AFA99-60D7-4995-B261-4879B0664460.jpeg

Big guy needs to man up and drop his nicotine addiction. Not winning him any points back home.

But it gives him that cool, nonchalant, bad boy, devil-may-care vibe - while his teeth yellow and his lungs fill with tar and cancerous cells...

Leland, you've been missed.

I've been doing a lot of academic learning and personal experimentation in quantum biophysics, in spare time I watch Barca (still salty Iniesta left a year early) and Real Madrid, waiting for Vinicius Jr to recover. Clothing wise last thing I bought were a few Irish knits from Aransweatermarket, great deal and quality.

Big guy needs to man up and drop his nicotine addiction. Not winning him any points back home.
But it gives him that cool, nonchalant, bad boy, devil-may-care vibe - while his teeth yellow and his lungs fill with tar and cancerous cells...

Truly staggering the amount of people affiliated with #menswear that almost flaunt that smoking, wearing it as badge of 'coolness' - especially the cigars.

Truly staggering the amount of people affiliated with #menswear that almost flaunt that smoking, wearing it as badge of 'coolness' - especially the cigars.
I think Crompers has a smoker on the cover of one of his books, and there are a couple of those Japanese ‘influencers’ that the igents are always fawning over who love getting photographed with a ciggie in their hand or mouth.

A plump man with a western shirt tucked into some sort of Ghurka shorts.

No, more like what's in his pants, on BOTH SIDES!

That bloke in that double breasted is not doing himself any favours either. Tight pants, short pants, and short jacket. Very VERY feminine.

Crompton comes to the staggering conclusion that you should buy a navy single breasted suit and a grey single breasted suit.

Unfortunately, it took him many expensive bespoke commissions that he never wears to realise this.
https://www.permanentstyle.com/2019/04/if-you-only-had-five-suits-a-capsule-collection.html

I've been considering some sharp comment on Crompers' website. Not that it'll dent his massive ego.

You see, he's wrong about the five suits. Any capsule collection of any size must include a dinner suit. Even if you just wear it once a year. It's the one thing you can't get around when the occasion demands it, even you wear a jeans and T-shirt to the office. I'm surprised Crompers didn't mention it, him being an Oxford boy and all. The navy single-breasted is obvious. Then you need an informal suit or jacket. Say a navy blazer which you can dress up or down. And that's about it. So you could, in theory, get away with three suits.

P.S. The Highlander canvas holdall worked a treat. All £14 of it. God I love a bargain. No frills, and could do with a side pocket or two, but the construction is solid enough, and the bag is light, so you're not carrying any dead weight. Thank you for the tip, Kingstonian.

I've been considering some sharp comment on Crompers' website. Not that it'll dent his massive ego.

You see, he's wrong about the five suits.

Doesn't matter, whether he's right or wrong. Those who know better just ignore it, those who don't praise him and eventually buy the brands he is promoting. So it's a win for him either way.
A lot of #menswear bloggers write a lot of bullshit, if only to be different. More often than not it's clickbait, since some of their revenue comes from ads on their websites.
So even if there is a big debate in the comment section these guys "win"!
The navy single-breasted is obvious. Then you need an informal suit or jacket. Say a navy blazer which you can dress up or down. And that's about it. So you could, in theory, get away with three suits.
Pretty much. I never came across a man who didn't look decent in a dark(er) blue.

"Ghurka" waistbands aren't sprezzatura. They're British Fourteenth Army squared-awayatura.

Sprezza bollocks. The word is being used by subliterates (and bloggers to boot) to mean anything from "stylish" to "elegant" to "flashy" to "fashion-forward". It is none of these.

"Ghurka" waistbands aren't sprezzatura. They're British Fourteenth Army squared-awayatura.

Sprezza bollocks. The word is being used by subliterates (and bloggers to boot) to mean anything from "stylish" to "elegant" to "flashy" to "fashion-forward". It is none of these.

Indeed. A former Desert Rat down our street, when I was a child, used to wear them - awkwardly - during the very occasional scorching Summer day.

Crompton has it all worked out. He is selling his own shorts. He is only charging £175 a pair too. Not too baggy. Not too tight. Far too cheap though IMO.

The Crompton shorts actually look quite good. Rota brand too. In the market, so.. Other euro sources for similar quality / price?

Crompton has it all worked out. He is selling his own shorts. He is only charging £175 a pair too. Not too baggy. Not too tight. Far too cheap though IMO.

Don't you love how he tries to justify wearing shorts - as the world's arbiter elegantiae - in the city?

I bought a pair of Ghurka shorts from Brooks Brothers as part of their Red Fleece line 4-5 years ago for about $50.

They're very comfortable to wear, but rather a pain to put on and take off.

Not that it matters but I believe L.Rubinacci is married. This obsession - particularly on the right- with who is or isn't gay is amusing.

Not that it matters but I believe L.Rubinacci is married. This obsession - particularly on the right- with who is or isn't gay is amusing.

He does have that Italian effervescent and elan which to the uninitiated can seem a bit different on first encounters.

Rubinacci is obviously sexually straight. 'Gay' in this context means effete. Our Luca was born in the lap of luxury, and inherited a thriving business from il papà without having to do a blind bit of work. Just like many other CEO's sons.

Papà Mariano himself displays classic CEO traits: self-assurance and emotional detachment, and quickfire bullshit-speak by the bucket. "La sartoria, insomma, intesa come modo di vivere. Ecco insomma intesa come arte nel sense insomma più puro del termine ecco insomma."

For all their Napoli marketing, neither of them is really the authenic Napoletano.

"Waiting for a woman can be a pleasure ..."

Spoken like a true virgin (or unmarried man).

When you have a skeletal frame like our boy Gentlemen Clover (never could figure out whether there's some hidden meaning or just wonky grammar), the last thing you need is unpadded, unstructured spalle wotsits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom