Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

If you have the (athletic/muscular) build for a more fitted shirt, then go for it. The trouble is that most of these girlymen who follow the trend do not.

Tailored wear, oth, never looks good super fitted.

I think it just reflects the current obssession with looking 'youthful' at all costs. Hence men in their 40s buying stuff cut for 20 year olds, and in their 20s buying clothes apparently cut for adolescents.

I never liked the sprayed on shirt look. It just looks uncomfortable and awkward even if you've got the frame for it.

^ I don't understand why so many men on Instagram (such as those above) decide to pose as though they're about the button their suit jackets - when it is absolutely clear that there is no way whatsoever that they would physically be able to button their jackets without the seams ripping open and them bursting out of them like the Hulk.

It seems ridiculous to me, but it's a very popular pose.

Those pages usually cater to quite young guys, and / or guys that are into fitness. Everything they wear is too tight.

As for the clothes, usually its the same aliexpress junk that's 3 sizes too tight. Same models that do the modelling for those websites.

Sad story: The other day (black Friday) I was at a local menswear shop, and some young fella was trying on some suits and shirts, with his GF close by. He put on a beautiful navy suit, and white shirt - the fit was dead on.

But then he started: "This is just too big for me, do you have a size smaller? Also, I'm swimming in this shirt", and he demonstrated that by pulling the shirt out like 2 inches from his body. He wanted it to be skin tight.

The salesman politely pointed out that the suit was a very good fit, and that if he were to go smaller, he'd get problems with various parts of the suit. And if he were to go with a smaller shirt, he wouldn't be able to button the collar.

But no - he really wanted to go smaller. So he puts on the next suit and shirt, and it of course looks too small. Jacket is creasing everywhere, pants are so tight that they don't hang, shirt won't button up at the neck, and creasing.

"Perfect"

And then they went to the cashier.

Those pages usually cater to quite young guys, and / or guys that are into fitness. Everything they wear is too tight.

As for the clothes, usually its the same aliexpress junk that's 3 sizes too tight. Same models that do the modelling for those websites.

Sad story: The other day (black Friday) I was at a local menswear shop, and some young fella was trying on some suits and shirts, with his GF close by. He put on a beautiful navy suit, and white shirt - the fit was dead on.

But then he started: "This is just too big for me, do you have a size smaller? Also, I'm swimming in this shirt", and he demonstrated that by pulling the shirt out like 2 inches from his body. He wanted it to be skin tight.

The salesman politely pointed out that the suit was a very good fit, and that if he were to go smaller, he'd get problems with various parts of the suit. And if he were to go with a smaller shirt, he wouldn't be able to button the collar.

But no - he really wanted to go smaller. So he puts on the next suit and shirt, and it of course looks too small. Jacket is creasing everywhere, pants are so tight that they don't hang, shirt won't button up at the neck, and creasing.

"Perfect"

And then they went to the cashier.

Yes, well, but his girlfriend probably thought he was the dog's bollocks. Which is all that counts, innit?

I never liked the sprayed on shirt look. It just looks uncomfortable and awkward even if you've got the frame for it.

I sometimes think it's all a clever ruse to use less material.

Yes, well, but his girlfriend probably thought he was the dog's bollocks. Which is all that counts, innit?

The correct response whenever the GF or Missus gives it the thumbs-up is to recoil in horror. I've yet to meet a lady who knows how to dress her man. But I live in hope!

Not sure. Women have twisted minds.
There have been studies stating that women deliberately feed their husbands to become fat and unattractive to other women.
Making him buy a suit that doesn't fit might be something similar!

There have been studies stating that women deliberately feed their husbands to become fat and unattractive to other women.

There is some truth in that I think, but also men can play that trick too.

There is some truth in that I think, but also men can play that trick too.

There definitely is some truth to this. Aeons ago, in another lifetime I ended up in Brazil for a summer on a University break. Naturally, I wanted to spread my love around but I managed to be entangled with this slightly older Brazilian lass with the usual body trappings that confuses a young man. What was particularly interesting was that we were at it like rabbits, multiple times a day; often, she the instigator. Weeks passed and this continued and on one occasion, I met up with an old class mate and a few locals and they told this was the Brazilian woman way, give you as much sex as possible with intent to 'drain you' so as not to spread your wings about and on the rare occasion you did, due to sheer exhaustion, you'd inevitably suffer from performance issues!

When you say 'usual body trappings that confuse a young man', do you mean sausage & beans? One can't be too careful in the tropics.

No one helps when I need them!

Always here to help good buddy!

There definitely is some truth to this. Aeons ago, in another lifetime I ended up in Brazil for a summer on a University break. Naturally, I wanted to spread my love around but I managed to be entangled with this slightly older Brazilian lass with the usual body trappings that confuses a young man. What was particularly interesting was that we were at it like rabbits, multiple times a day; often, she the instigator. Weeks passed and this continued and on one occasion, I met up with an old class mate and a few locals and they told this was the Brazilian woman way, give you as much sex as possible with intent to 'drain you' so as not to spread your wings about and on the rare occasion you did, due to sheer exhaustion, you'd inevitably suffer from performance issues!

Sex is the national sport of Brazil, everyone's screwing everyone. Strangely enticing at first, but ultimately a dead-end with all the baggage and the problems they have taking to much colder climates. Not impossible, but definitely not worth the risk.

Always here to help good buddy!

Sex is the national sport of Brazil, everyone's screwing everyone. Strangely enticing at first, but ultimately a dead-end with all the baggage and the problems they have taking to much colder climates. Not impossible, but definitely not worth the risk.

then help on my post on agreeable before friday

When you say 'usual body trappings that confuse a young man', do you mean sausage & beans? One can't be too careful in the tropics.
Ha! Nah, just the infamous Brazil female form. Well, this was ages before they took a stronger interest in sugar and as a result, metabolic disease.

76787112_2762215950536818_6342556571700035584_o.jpg

Lorenzo always wears the sharpest looking suits around. It's like Brioni on steroids, lines so sharp they could cut you - I'll give him that, even though I'm not much fan of the 6x1 look.

Lorenzo always wears the sharpest looking suits around. It's like Brioni on steroids, lines so sharp they could cut you - I'll give him that, even though I'm not much fan of the 6x1 look.

They don't look that good up close. I've been within two feet of the Cifonelli cousins (don't ask0, and there's something that jars. The chunky tie knot, the high shirt collars, the overall tightness of the jacket. It's fine for the red-carpet-at-Cannes look, but that's not what we're after, are we?

They don't look that good up close. I've been within two feet of the Cifonelli cousins (don't ask0, and there's something that jars. The chunky tie knot, the high shirt collars, the overall tightness of the jacket. It's fine for the red-carpet-at-Cannes look, but that's not what we're after, are we?

Always seemed a bit parodic to me - the exaggerated Anglophile styling and the fussy little waistcoats.

+ skinny trouser legs. Meh.

Yes. Bespoke everything and a £7000 watch.

Probably looking to create a reaction.Then he can explain how expensive schmutter is well worth the cost in the long run

His readership consists of men with a two-week salary worth £5000 (= a pair of bespoke shoes). Talk about the chinless ruling class. Reading Crompers instead of hunting, boozing and whoring.

His readership consists of men with a two-week salary worth £5000 (= a pair of bespoke shoes). Talk about the chinless ruling class. Reading Crompers instead of hunting, boozing and whoring.

Is it? I thought a high proportion would have been aspirational young suburbanites who can stretch to the occasional pocket square, or perhaps drive-by readers looking to find out what colour tie they should be wearing. Has he ever posted any deep, sustained analice of his readership?

Reading Crompers instead of hunting, boozing and whoring.

As discussed elsewhere what they mainly seem to be doing is wearing cardigans while drinking hot chocolate

Is it? I thought a high proportion would have been aspirational young suburbanites who can stretch to the occasional pocket square, or perhaps drive-by readers looking to find out what colour tie they should be wearing. Has he ever posted any deep, sustained analice of his readership?

As discussed elsewhere what they mainly seem to be doing is wearing cardigans while drinking hot chocolate

Cioccolato caldo. Sustainable Andes cocoa beans hand-ground by Bolivian grannies, lovingly packed into organic hessian sacks by Colombian farmers, carefully unloaded at Canary Wharf by Neapolitan coolies, hand-mixed by Davíde Latté, head chocolate-cutter at Whittard's of Chelsea (Do they do chocolate? Must drop in.), boiled, strained, filtered through seventeen layers of muslin, charcoal, silk, high-twist jute fibre etc., poured into the finest etc etc.

Analice. I like it. I will use this word.

ha, an unpleasant voice from the past, check.

edward green: sure, if you don't know better, no worries. it is a perfect lemmings choice. iirc, you always had a questionable taste in footwear, no?

not exactly sure which monstrosities you are referring to? but then you can blame andré kostolany for being an ambassador of the footwear from his homeland. he literally helped laszlo vass in the saddle. the rest is history.

doghouse doghouse I assume, having your buddy around, you are happy now ..., dang

I recommend Edward Green too which are far more attractive than those Frankenstein monstrosities you used to hawk around.

ha, an unpleasant voice from the past, check.

edward green: sure, if you don't know better, no worries. it is a perfect lemmings choice. iirc, you always had a questionable taste in footwear, no?

not exactly sure which monstrosities you are referring to? but then you can blame andré kostolany for being an ambassador of the footwear from his homeland. he literally helped laszlo vass in the saddle. the rest is history.

doghouse doghouse I assume, having your buddy around, you are happy now ..., dang

What the fuck has it got to do with history, its a simple question of aesthetics you dimwit. The shoes you hawked are pig-ugly.

And secondly this is a conversation between ME and YOU nothing to do with doghouse, so don't bring him into it.

You're obnoxious tit.

Now fuck off.

What the fuck has it got to do with history, its a simple question of aesthetics you dimwit. The shoes you hawked are pig-ugly.

apples and oranges, you dimwit.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. you like the loaf of bread clunkiness of Edward Green, more power to you, grats.

copied that.

apples and oranges, you dimwit.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder. you like the loaf of bread clunkiness of Edward Green, more power to you, grats.

copied that.

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, but some of us clearly have a more developed eye...

So, I'll tell you what. I'll stick to parading about in my G&G's, Edward Greens, C&G's &c and you stick to stomping about in those Transylvanian gravediggers shoes.

Oh, and don't forget your spade!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom