Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

👊

Attachments

• 20200622_151545.jpg
    20200622_151545.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 148
Isn’t have a bulging belly against your waist band like that extremely uncomfortable, let alone the strain on those shirt buttons?

Still the most insufferable twat in #IGent #menswear. Such a punchable face.

In the middle of a pandemic, he is poncing about in the park and pontificating on stretch jeans, double breasted blazers and open neck shirts. If he was just some shmuck with an interest in mall brand clothes or whatever, I’d think it was fine. But he flies to Pitti to share his expertise with his crew.

Last edited:

In the middle of a pandemic, he is pinching about in the park and pontificating on stretch jeans, double breasted blazers and open neck shirts. If he was just some shmuck with an interest in mall brand clothes or whatever, I’d think it was fine. But he flies to Pitti to share his expertise with his crew.

Jeans and jacket, very 80s right on secondary teacher in with the kids, or Jeremy Clarkson. Only Morrissey when in The Smiths really carried it off well. It's a young man's game. But to be fair, I thought the jacket was excellent.

The whole ''dad bod'' thing, isn't that just a nice way of phrasing middle age spread?

Jeans and jacket, very 80s right on secondary teacher in with the kids, or Jeremy Clarkson. Only Morrissey when in The Smiths really carried it off well. It's a young man's game. But to be fair, I thought the jacket was excellent.

The whole ''dad bod'' thing, isn't that just a nice way of phrasing middle age spread?
Yes to all of this.
He’s not the worst IMO but him going to Pitti is news to me, that makes him a contender for the top twat award. Why would anyone who’s not making a living out of the trade go there? I bet these are the same people ordering paisley silk face masks from drakes (or wherever) and getting into cosplay full business formal gear to go downstairs and work all day at the kitchen table.

In the middle of a pandemic, he is poncing about in the park and pontificating on stretch jeans, double breasted blazers and open neck shirts. If he was just some shmuck with an interest in mall brand clothes or whatever, I’d think it was fine. But he flies to Pitti to share his expertise with his crew.

First time I have noticed him. No issues with his face, spectacles, jacket or shirt. Jeans are not a great combination but I have seen worse. This is not really Pitti level preening though. He would need to up (lower) his game for that.

First time I have noticed him. No issues with his face, spectacles, jacket or shirt. Jeans are not a great combination but I have seen worse. This is not really Pitti level preening though. He would need to up (lower) his game for that.
Looking further I see he is Nashville based.

I would have liked to have seen rhinestone-encrusted Nudie suits, ten gallon hats, guitar-shaped swimming pools and pink Cadillacs.

A name change from Mitchell Moss to something more regional would also be nice.

Well, his jeans are American Eagle.....

He used to 'purchase' Eidos stuff, do a review on his blog with plenty of pics, and then returned them to the supplier. Never see the point

Agree. Solid jacket. Though light jeans + DB is not my personal cup of tea. I skimmed his IG account. He's far more agreeable than Crompers.

Looking further I see he is Nashville based.

I would have liked to have seen rhinestone-encrusted Nudie suits, ten gallon hats, guitar-shaped swimming pools and pink Cadillacs.

A name change from Mitchell Moss to something more regional would also be nice.

weirdly enough social media has brought #menswear to more remote parts of the US.

weirdly enough social media has brought #menswear to more remote parts of the US.

We know Nashville is a menswear centre of excellence. Remember the great poster from yesteryear - Cruiser from AAAC.

Cruiser really nailed it. His usual garb was a blazer, grey trousers and his good old Mickey Mouse watch.

That got him acceptance everywhere - from the great and the good in the state of Tennessee to biker bars. He might possibly have had a different set of clothes for the biker bar.

He was also very good at winding up any igent challengers to his clothing guidelines.

Latest vintage fixation...

Attachments

• 782D49E6-DF40-43C0-AEBC-3193A4792AAA.jpeg
    782D49E6-DF40-43C0-AEBC-3193A4792AAA.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 124
  • DD258219-6811-4CE1-97FC-694146F7F09E.jpeg
    DD258219-6811-4CE1-97FC-694146F7F09E.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 140
It’s alright if you are going to work.

It’s also an improvement on the unfortunate trend for men to carry housewives’ shopping bags.
You mean them fuckin’ ‘totes’?
That was another despicable igent trend that used to get right on my fuckin’ nerves. I’m glad that shit seems to be largely, although not completely, in the past now.
That bearded twit from Brooklyn used to carry one but no surprise there as he slavishly jumped on every stupid bandwagon that rolled by without an ounce of thought or self-assessment. “Hey all the guys are getting these, I have to get one too!”

You mean them fuckin’ ‘totes’?
That was another despicable igent trend that used to get right on my fuckin’ nerves. I’m glad that shit seems to be largely, although not completely, in the past now.
That bearded twit from Brooklyn used to carry one but no surprise there as he slavishly jumped on every stupid bandwagon that rolled by without an ounce of thought or self-assessment. “Hey all the guys are getting these, I have to get one too!”
I did not know they were called totes. Maybe they hoped that would take the curse off them?

Which one was that the school teacher chap?

He ruins this with the jeans.

The DB is nice but he could have chosen a shirt with a little more 'umph'. but...

Some more of this fine fellow. Same awkward hand placement, but this time his 'knuckle' is mercifully obscured by his tie.

20200705_225116.jpg

"You looked younger on Grindr..."
20200705_225137.jpg

For some reason, his videos often start with about 5 seconds of this pose.
20200705_225034.jpg 20200705_225050.jpg

It has been said here many a time but with SC's fucked up shoulders. Proper English structured tailoring suits him best. Not this poncey soft-tailored Italian stuff he seems to be strongly favour.

He's not the only one - there are plenty of men out there wearing suits with no, or very little, shoulder padding because they've been convinced that no padding and a "waterfall" shoulder is an essential quality in a suit.

Crompton, of course, should know better, given his self-styled expertise.

it doesn’t surprise me. He’s a clotheshorse turned iGent blogger. Many of these iGent bloggers have modest lives but spend disproportionately on their clothing.

Yes, for every Vox Sartoria, there are hundreds of men living in very humble abodes but spending many thousands on clothing and shoes.

There's some bloke over on SF who just bought three pairs of made-to-order Carmina boots, and who mentioned that he also has a few pairs of made-to-order shoes from Edward Green on order - but when you see his house in the background of some of his pictures it looks a bit ramshackle and in need some paint and hedge-trimming.

He's not the only one - there are plenty of men out there wearing suits with no, or very little, shoulder padding because they've been convinced that no padding and a "waterfall" shoulder is an essential quality in a suit.

Crompton, of course, should know better, given his self-styled expertise.

Yes, for every Vox Sartoria, there are hundreds of men living in very humble abodes but spending many thousands on clothing and shoes.

There's some bloke over on SF who just bought three pairs of made-to-order Carmina boots, and who mentioned that he also has a few pairs of made-to-order shoes from Edward Green on order - but when you see his house in the background of some of his pictures it looks a bit ramshackle and in need some paint and hedge-trimming.

and a lot of this online fora only tends to reinforce these weird clothing fetishness or excesses. as much as the igents say they're against fashion, the writing gets cyclical too...like dieworkwear, or other bloggers.

you see that with crompers too. at his age, he got enamoured with tattoos from these igentish older italian blokes sporting them

Link?

I've always found the amount of ill-fitting shoes far more worrying. This obsesssion with anything cordovan is another thing that's completely lost on me.

Some more of this fine fellow. Same awkward hand placement, but this time his 'knuckle' is mercifully obscured by his tie.

View attachment 34088

"You looked younger on Grindr..."
View attachment 34089

For some reason, his videos often start with about 5 seconds of this pose.
View attachment 34090View attachment 34091

Lovely bubble butt going on there. Combined with the flowers strategically placed, I wager some back scuttling is desired.

I'm surprised no one has picked-up on the dreadful iWatch malarkey.

Link?

I've always found the amount of ill-fitting shoes far more worrying. This obsesssion with anything cordovan is another thing that's completely lost on me.

Cordovan is always going to be fad, as it really is a winter shoe and doesn't bare scrutiny in the summer sun. As I've said before the only one worth buying is the Alden trad saddle oxford, a pre-WWII survivor and collegiate shoe. Mine will out live me, as I only wear them once or twice a year. It's a shoe that is weirdly not of much use at all.

Cordovan is always going to be fad, as it really is a winter shoe and doesn't bare scrutiny in the summer sun. As I've said before the only one worth buying is the Alden trad saddle oxford, a pre-WWII survivor and collegiate shoe. Mine will out live me, as I only wear them once or twice a year. It's a shoe that is weirdly not of much use at all.

I wear my shell cordovan shoos a lot during the cooler months, it is nice to have them. Perfect for winter; robust and not too fancy, easy to clean and warm. I wore my Vass black shell cordovan captoe oxfords today and the shoo wearing experience was off the charts, totally top notch. On a day like today nothing else could do, the cordovan made my day. In winter l do a lot of shell, so worth while. I was even thinking of ordering another pair of shells today, but maybe l shouldn't get too involved with that thinking. Too easy to fall off the wagon.

I love the Vass brogues in shell. Outstanding.

One of my best pairs. The only shoo experience which beats this is Lattanzi. This is a shoo for a big daddy.

Would be too easy to buy them and buy them and buy them, but how many pairs does a man really need.
Vass x.jpg
Vass xx.jpg

Another classic!
Vass xxxx.jpg

I have other full brogues in shell from Vass, but no good pictures. They make the collection complete, and real manly masterpieces too.

Last edited:

To Crompton's tattoo? It's on his blog and I'm pretty sure there was a post about it here, too.

I like shell, and it's very easy to care for - I find it to be much less work than calf.

However, you're certainly correct about ill-fitting shoes. I'm surprised at the number of people with high insteps and/or wide feet who insist on buying oxford-style shoes on chiselled lasts and end up looking very uncomfortable, with a massive "v" in the lacing.

Then, of course, the large number of very expensive, virtually unworn shoes for sale on various buying and selling fora is testament to how difficult it can be to judge fit when buying shoes on the internet.

Would be too easy to buy them and buy them and buy them, but how many pairs does a man really need.

Well said - although I must admit it's not something I ever expected to hear you say!

I have one pair of Cordovan plains. I have only just learnt the trick of wiping with a damp cloth to remove spots that emerge. Just got Saphir cordovan cream too. I was not really using polish( turpentine worry) and the leather was starting to get dry.

They are a bit more difficult to look after, but you have to have a pair. Lee Marvin ‘Point Blank’ 1967 with shorter, narrow trousers. Those shoes are now in a museum. Maybe the rarity of Cordovan in the UK adds to the appeal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom