Disagreeable Menswear Post Of The Day

in contrast to Preston's outfit above, this outfit by Kirby which is an o.k look. It is not a great look, but it is not bad either. Kirby is not great dresser, but at least this combination has some flow without jarring the eyes like Preston's does.

Kirby outfit.jpg
I was going to talk about Sven soon. Yes Sven does have an eye, and can coordinate complex patterns to make them work. Is he the best dresser, no, but he certainly has a skill many men don't have. He has flow to many of his outfits.

Yes, Kirby is always overly correct, but he lacks fantasy and brilliance. He mostly wears charcoal grey.

Look at his jackets in the background of that pic above. Boring and dull, too much grey. I couldn't live like that. His tie is also too long, he needs a bespoke length to go with those high waisted trousers, forget the ancient ,matter ties.

ancient matter, blah haha. What baloney.

Since then, he's lost more hair at the back and has discovered brown and blues.

Since then Simon has become quite more restrained and his style has much improved.

Screenshot (540).png
Screenshot (541).png
Screenshot (542).png
Screenshot (539).png
Screenshot (543).png
Screenshot (544).png

I've puposely put this post in the disagreeable thread as I know that the most here deeply dislike Mr Crompton, but to me all of these attires are very agreeable instead.

Gentleman’s Gazette is there for entertainment. Anyone who looks for advice there is in trouble. The main man has a slightly creepy vibe, for some reason. Yellow buttonhole man is just an oddball.

Other entertaining clothes gurus include ‘real men real style’ who gets little credit. He has a very ‘eager to please’ and earnest manner. You get instructions to hit ‘like’ buttons and fairly basic and often laughable advice. He is in the Kirby Allison school of comedy mispronunciations. He has some good and blatant shilling including crappy watches and strange devices to keep shirt collars straight (for example). He has branched out into self-help advice and hard luck stories along the lines of ‘I hit rock bottom and then I did this’.
All the clothing forums are there for entertainment...You didn't think they were serious, did you?

I wasn't sure at first in that Kirby video whether he was wearing an odd combo or a suit. He needs more contrast between the jacket and trousers. All of the pants he profiles would look way better.

Gentleman’s Gazette is there for entertainment. Anyone who looks for advice there is in trouble. The main man has a slightly creepy vibe, for some reason. Yellow buttonhole man is just an oddball.

Other entertaining clothes gurus include ‘real men real style’ who gets little credit. He has a very ‘eager to please’ and earnest manner. You get instructions to hit ‘like’ buttons and fairly basic and often laughable advice. He is in the Kirby Allison school of comedy mispronunciations. He has some good and blatant shilling including crappy watches and strange devices to keep shirt collars straight (for example). He has branched out into self-help advice and hard luck stories along the lines of ‘I hit rock bottom and then I did this’.
I’m always hitting rock bottom. I didn’t realise it was a quality. Or marketable.

Since then Simon has become quite more restrained and his style has much improved.

View attachment 40591View attachment 40592View attachment 40593View attachment 40594View attachment 40595View attachment 40596

I've puposely put this post in the disagreeable thread as I know that the most here deeply dislike Mr Crompton, but to me all of these attires are very agreeable instead.
The top jacket would work on someone who didn't have 45 degree angled slopey shoulders.

The rest is all his usual safe stuff.
I’m always hitting rock bottom. I didn’t realise it was a quality. Or marketable.
Well, this popped up on my Youtube today, not sure the premise is a good one:

Does not gives off good vibes at all. Used to be o.k, but got obsessed with $$$. Now he just sells sells sells. Money seems to be his God. Hard to watch his videos.

This guy is by far the most present in the styleforum thread WAYWRN and has boasted hundreds (he should have a huge wardrobe) of attires, the most good and pleasing to me.

This one however is rather unpleasant: I see a contamination of styles here with that tech jacket, already ugly on its own, that really does not match in the frame. It looks like a waxed cotton top matched with an underjacket in fluo orange fleece.

View attachment 40561View attachment 40562
This tells me he is addicted to posting pictures of himself has ran out of "looks" to post as well as space for any more clothes. He's been buying clothes simply to post pictures of himself and realises he must stop but can't break the need to fix his addiction for attention and approval. He'd be much happier he if just stopped doing it.

The top jacket would work on someone who didn't have 45 degree angled slopey shoulders.
Nail on the head Pimp, looks terrible on him. And those Tote bags are only ever seen used by spags who are doing some #menswear stuff. I don't know anyone who uses one. Its either a weekender shoulder bag or carrier bag, those Tote bags are neither fish or fowl.

Patch pockets on a SB peak lapel suit? Not my cup of tea, but I’ve seen far worse. And the suit fits him well.

Agreed, the tote bag is useless.
I fucking hate those things. How the fuck did they get so popular with that crowd? Was it someone at Pitti that provoked a Pavlovian response among the sheep? Stick a laptop in one and have it banging about your shins for the rest of the day just cos some asshole on the Internet got a few likes when he posted a pic of one.

I fucking hate those things. How the fuck did they get so popular with that crowd? Was it someone at Pitti that provoked a Pavlovian response among the sheep? Stick a laptop in one and have it banging about your shins for the rest of the day just cos some asshole on the Internet got a few likes when he posted a pic of one.
Cant have a shoulder strap or cross body strap obstructing your pics

I fucking hate those things. How the fuck did they get so popular with that crowd?
Indeed. Carry a bag when you have stuff to carry, but don’t walk around with one as some sort of daft accessory.

Maybe it is feminisation and they have all turned into their mothers, carrying the daily shopping.

The rest is all his usual safe stuff.

Well, this popped up on my Youtube today, not sure the premise is a good one:

Reminds me of that ‘Father Ted’ episode where they discover a secret Nazi memorabilia fanatic.

RMRS is more relaxed than usual - only one request to like the video and one dodgy pronounciation of Leni Riefenstahl. No products to sell either. ‘From the guys that brought you these classic uniforms.....’

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom